That's why I've inserted a possible slot for Space Dementia, because they soundchecked it in North America (or it was Mexico?).

Space Dementia's one of those songs that gets soundchecked just about every tour only to not get played so I wouldn't expect that to pop up at all, let alone be in rotation.

I'd only really get excited by stuff that's either reasonably realistic (Stockholm, New Born) or been previously mentioned by the band (SFA, Showbiz).

For this gig I'd think this set: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/verizon-center-washington-dc-63f3da0b.html with a different 'wild card' instead of CE, an extra piano song and Reapers slotting in the encore or before The Globalist allowing Defector to go in after JFK.

Can't see an extra piano song happening, it's been one or none since the start of 2015 iirc.

Aftermath has to debut and become a staple

5US.gif

For this gig I'd think this set: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/verizon-center-washington-dc-63f3da0b.html with a different 'wild card' instead of CE, an extra piano song and Reapers slotting in the encore or before The Globalist allowing Defector to go in after JFK.

Going by the same set: I'm hoping for one extra song in order to make room for Stockholm/New Born. Then find some more room somewhere to fit an extra rotation slot, for example by doing a Resistance/Madness rotation. That would give us three rotation slots (looking at the DC setlist: Map and CE being two, and one new one). Considering PiB might become a staple again, we'd still have two. But what about Defector? Hmm...

Anyway, really excited about tonight...

I think Madness is actually a tiny bit underrated live tbh. I mean, I don't think it's actively good but I'd say it's about average or just below. I even quite like the falsetto ending :$

Song collecting aside, I can't think of much I'd take Aftermath over. Maybe Explorers and 2013 Guiding Light + Blackout. The thought of it being a staple and seeing it 5 times in a row is genuinely harrowing.

If we had to have a bit of cheese I'd definitely prefer it to be Invincible above all others.

I'd take Invincible over a lot of stuff in general <3 Probs in my top 5 songs I'd like to see, maybe just outside.

Not entirely sure why it never made it past 2008.

I reckon it'll be 18 or even 19 tonight, but not 20 like Bercy in 2012 was. All guesswork, ofc.

Yeah, I think some people might be expecting a bit too much of an improvement tbh. Like expecting 20 songs, Madness to be rotated and the Resistance / UD slot to be dropped.

Edited by Jobby

I think Madness is actually a tiny bit underrated live tbh. I mean, I don't think it's actively good but I'd say it's about average or just below. I even quite like the falsetto ending :$

Yeah, I think some people might be expecting a bit too much of an improvement tbh. Like expecting 20 songs, Madness to be rotated and the Resistance / UD slot to be dropped.

They rotated Madness on the European festivals tour and it wasn't played at all at the UK Psycho gigs, so its not entirely out of the question it might miss a few gigs. But in saying that, yes, I reckon it'll still be there more often than not, or possibly 100%.

As for the other stuff, Undisclosed Desires is a turd live and Resistance is a bit boring so I'm not opposed to either of those two being dropped for good. But to think both will be gone for good is wishful thinking given I had been hoping for that at the start of this tour.

Damn! Just realised Undisclosed Desires has been played rather regularly during the tour. I somehow thought it's gone ever since the first couple of gigs... well in that case, that would have to be crammed into the Madness/Resistance rotation, making that pretty unlikely. Or they'll just drop it?(!!!)

So... There are almost only five hours left to doors opening at Bercy. I wonder how many people are already queuing out there.

EDIT: BTW, here are my two cents abiut the setlist.

1- Drones --> Psycho

2- Plug In Baby

3- Dead Inside

4- Hysteria

5- Isolated System --> The Handler

6- Micro Cuts / Assassin (yep :D)

7- Resistance

8- Supermassive Black Hole

9- Starlight

10- Apocalypse Please / Space Dementia

11- D&B Jam

12- Madness

13- JFK --> Defector

14- Revolt

15- Reapers

16- Time Is Running Out

17- Uprising

18- Stockholm Syndrome

19- The Globalist

20- Drones

21- Unsustainable/Take A Bow (double yep)

22- Mercy

23- Knights Of Cydonia

If this happened, I'd be happy for the attendees and massively pissed off at the same time. Good luck though.

Damn! Just realised Undisclosed Desires has been played rather regularly during the tour. I somehow thought it's gone ever since the first couple of gigs... well in that case, that would have to be crammed into the Madness/Resistance rotation, making that pretty unlikely. Or they'll just drop it?(!!!)

Most likely is they'll just keep it as they have for the tour so far and play both imo.

Slightly revised from what I posted in the setlist thread but this is pretty much what I'd expect of the tour template:

Psycho

Reapers

Dead Inside

Hysteria / Map

Plug In Baby / Bliss / CE / Showbiz / Assassin

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Apocalypse Please / USOE / Sunburn / Feely G

Madness

Resistance / UD / Aftermath

Defector / Revolt

TIRO

Uprising

Stockholm Syndrome / New Born

The Globalist

Mercy

Knights

Hysteria, Resistance or Stockholm slots droppable if they fancied playing 2 songs from the rarity slot (e.g. Bliss + CE) some nights. Rarity slot could also get dropped completely resulting in some 17 song gigs because Muse. If they play 19 then give PIB it's own slot and move Map into the rarity rotation.

Edit: holy shit that's 19 songs I can't count (nvm, fixed)

Edited by Jobby

I'm at least expecting there to be some piano rotation over the six Paris shows. Sunburn pops up every tour, hoping for Hoodoo (happy birthday BHaR) and RBS too.

Just not Explorers. Please.

I was literally thinking about this a couple of hours ago and thought of Hoodoo too :chuckle:

Over these 6 shows, I reckon they'll do AP, USOE, Sunburn and Feeling Good. I can see Hoodoo or Soldier's Poem happening at some point though, if they do something for Black Holes that isn't Glasto. Not so sure about RBS.

They've kind of made TG a centrepiece, I can see it at every gig

Yeah, I'd be shocked if anything happens to TG.