Yes it was. I think that gig was closer to the full 2 hours.

The YouTube edit by a fan of the 2012 Manchester gig was 1hr50 (which apparently was the same length as Wembey 2007). I saw a few from early in the US length were similarly timed, albeit with adding Isolated System, Interlude, JFK, Harmonica and all the other faff of course. I might imagine the EU shows being 1hr55... maybe?

Yes it was. I think that gig was closer to the full 2 hours.

The YouTube edit by a fan of the 2012 Manchester gig was 1hr50 (which apparently was the same length as Wembey 2007). I saw a few from early in the US length were similarly timed, albeit with adding Isolated System, Interlude, JFK, Harmonica and all the other faff of course. I might imagine the EU shows being 1hr55... maybe?

Don't forget the double-dose of Ambien...I mean, Drones

ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ

My mistake then.I always thought these are the same, I mean stadium/arena tour and depending of the place they are playing ,hey choose a proper venue. So there is an arena and a stadium tour/set, they are different categories?
Stadiums are outdoors ie open roofs, while arenas are closed. Muse also generally play longer sets in the stadiums.

There's even two different venues called Wembley Arena and Wembley Stadium.

Here you can see the difference in set length:

Arena:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/wembley-arena-london-england-13d64d49.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/wembley-arena-london-england-43d6c7d7.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/wembley-arena-london-england-5bd793fc.html

Stadium:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2007/wembley-stadium-london-england-53d6e769.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2007/wembley-stadium-london-england-1bd6a50c.html

My mistake then.I always thought these are the same, I mean stadium/arena tour and depending of the place they are playing ,hey choose a proper venue. So there is an arena and a stadium tour/set, they are different categories?

Yes, they're completely different.

They typically did an arena tour, and then a stadium one of bigger venues, often in the same or similar areas as the first tour.

Bigger venues, longer setlists, and completely different stage set ups.

Don't forget the double-dose of Ambien...I mean, Drones

ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ

Maybe it doesn't hurt that I like the song, although I never listen to it outside of The Globalist, but it was really beautiful live; the visuals were stellar, and it was actually cool watching the white balloons come out. They had a much bigger impact in person, and the scale of it was impressive. Even if the lights didn't work in them by the time I saw them.

The opening would have been a pretty big dud without them, though, for those gigs.

Maybe it doesn't hurt that I like the song, although I never listen to it outside of The Globalist, but it was really beautiful live; the visuals were stellar, and it was actually cool watching the white balloons come out. They had a much bigger impact in person, and the scale of it was impressive. Even if the lights didn't work in them by the time I saw them.

The opening would have been a pretty big dud without them, though, for those gigs.

I'd probably rather they had different intro music that was a little shorter and kept Drones for after The Globalist because I feel like at least there it has context.

Some of the US gigs this tour were around that 1hr50min mark, but there was just tons of downtime and filler.

That's exactly why I have a bit of a grudge. I really fear they will basically perform the same setlists seen in North America, with tons of their "pop hits" and leaving out other incredible (and maybe more deserving) tracks from their catalogue.

Y.

I don't care for the song at all. Just not my thing. On the album, it would have been tolerable as a 30 second coda to The Globalist but I usually skip past the track before it's over.

At the show that I attended, only 3 random drones were still operating during the second playback. As much as I admire their ambition for playing The Globalist in its entirety, after 10+ minutes of it, a replay of Drones was just a bit too much. The crowd was completely dead by that point. Not really the desired atmosphere for the supposed climax of the show leading into the encore.

Even as the opener, with 8 or 9 globes floating around, it simply droned on for too long.

I'm not going to lie and say the visuals didn't look pretty damn impressive.

I just felt this was officially the turning point where the visuals were put above the performance, and not being able to see the band at all during near entire songs was as offputting as I thought it would be. Even during The Globalist, which I thought was seriously gorgeous, I found myself thinking it would have been better had a spotlight on the band members made them visible through a small part of the screen.

Would love to see them find a way to incorporate this sort of craziness without impairing views.

And, of course, major malfunctions and delayed gigs.

I guess at least they seemed a little remorseful about the former.

They need a more stripped down stage with longer sets for the next tour, although the next album could be a cheesepop one.

This makes me wonder what Muse's next album will be. Who knows? Maybe they'll go for a more industrial rock sound. That might be interesting... and would allow for a more rock-oriented setlist.

Eh, wishful thinking.