Wait... Now that I think about it...Does a supporting act usually play an hour before the main act?

I got an email regarding Foals tomorrow which says: 8pm: Everything Everything, 9pm: Foals. Not been to an arena gig for a while but that seems right

Rivers Cuomo. Great musician, but really awkward. I also consider that to be part of why neither he nor Matt Bellamy are very good on stage when they don't have instruments with them. They look like they don't know what to do with their hands.

Disappointing and ironic that a gifted musician feels the need to drop his instrument and then looks awkward without it. Matt is much better served by playing his guitar or piano than half-heartedly pumping his fist in the air or shaking hands with the fans.

Okay, guys. Last tour, we had Knights of Cydonia moved to the middle of the set and Survival or Starlight end the set. That was not well received. Which songs would you have end the set, and where would KOC go?

They could just split the difference so to speak by ending their main set with Knights and then play a totally random 3-4 song encore, free from the constraints of the visual presentation. If the radio/Twilight fans want to leave after hearing Madness, Uprising and Knights, then so be it. Let the encore please the long-time fans who can appreciate their whole catalogue.

Matt without his guitar bothered me a lot less than I thought it would, even in something like Uprising.

I guess the parts he plays there just really aren't all that big of a deal in the first place, and he did the cool stuff.

The DI guitar on a stand was tragic, and I'm so happy he dropped that.

But, he didn't really look/react a lot differently when he was walking around with the guitar on his back versus not having it, tbh.

The guitar-less songs were by far the least of my complaints about the US gigs.

Blackout bothered the hell out of me simply because they omitted the entire solo. That sort of shit is unacceptable.

I'm honestly so bored out of my mind during Starlight I don't notice what's going on.

Yep.

I saw "Blackout" like that back in 2012 or whenever but I don't even acknowledge that I've seen it live, because, you know, of how it was performed.

Meh, support is Phantogram for most of UK dates.

I just miss out on Nothing But Thieves by one date :chuckle:

Happy with that tbh because I find them pretty boring. Haven't listened to Phantogram yet but, going by what other people have said, they sound pretty good.

Happy with that tbh because I find them pretty boring. Haven't listened to Phantogram yet but, going by what other people have said, they sound pretty good.

Literally just typed the first thing I could find into YouTube and found their biggest song by views on there is called When I'm Small, which is in a Gillette television advert. The tune does have a neat little groove to it.

They sound different live so don't base too much on studio recordings.