OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS! I JUST GOT BACK FROM D.C. IN THE VERIZON CENTER! IT WAS THE BEST MUSE SHOW I EVER ATTEND--

Oh. You're still negative here. Well then, guess I should spend the entire rest of this comment hating the show.

...I just... I just don't know if I can! I mean, yeah, there was guitarless Starlight and Uprising, and they played Drones twice... but... but Apocalypse Please! Map of the Problematique! Citizen frikkin' Erased! WHAT THE HELL IS WITH MUSE?! :eek:

OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS! I JUST GOT BACK FROM D.C. IN THE VERIZON CENTER! IT WAS THE BEST MUSE SHOW I EVER ATTEND--

Oh. You're still negative here. Well then, guess I should spend the entire rest of this comment hating the show.

...I just... I just don't know if I can! I mean, yeah, there was guitarless Starlight and Uprising, and they played Drones twice... but... but Apocalypse Please! Map of the Problematique! Citizen frikkin' Erased! WHAT THE HELL IS WITH MUSE?! :eek:

I think the general consensus is that the DC set was one of the best of the tour. The negativity is mostly more towards the general shortness of the sets and Muse's apparent attitude towards the US audiences. I don't think I've seen anyone actually complaining specifically about the DC gig. (unless I've missed one)

I think the general consensus is that the DC set was one of the best of the tour. The negativity is mostly more towards the general shortness of the sets and Muse's apparent attitude towards the US audiences. I don't think I've seen anyone actually complaining specifically about the DC gig. (unless I've missed one)

This is true. There were a few problems I had with this setlist, and choices that didn't make sense to me.

For example, I don't know what Isolated System was doing in there, apart from giving Dom a chance to show off his electric drum skills. It makes sense that they'd include Madness, though; apart from Uprising, it's the band's biggest hit in the States.

Prelude into Starlight didn't make much sense, and I'm still not a fan of Matt not playing guitar on that song.

Reapers being followed by Time Is Running Out also didn't make much sense, as one is really loud and heavy and the next is poppy. And then following that with Uprising was a little confusing. I don't know how to feel about guitarless Uprising, either.

Also wasn't a fan of Drones being played twice, but everyone's talked about that.

But for me, the biggest problem with the show was the damn crowd. As soon as Matt started Psycho, nearly everybody whipped out their cellphones. Apart from ten or so in one small corner of the arena, nobody was really getting into the music. It got better as the show went on, though. I, for one, headbanged so hard that my neck still hurts today, and I think other people in my area must have seen me and been ashamed, because most of the people in my area put away their phones. :LOL:

In terms of the setlist alone, though, I think this was probably the best Muse show I've ever seen. It was pretty much over once they played Citizen Erased. They could have played anything after that--they could have even played Justin Bieber--and I wouldn't have minded because Citizen Erased.

And hey, at least it tops the last Muse show I saw because in this one, Matt Bellamy didn't forget the words! :p

Gave it a go:

NIN

1. Copy of A

2. Sanctified

3. Came Back Haunted

4. 1,000,000

5. March of the Pigs

6. Reptile

7. Terrible Lie

8. Closer

9. Gave Up

10. Disappointed

11. Find My Way

12. The Great Destroyer

13. Eraser

14. Wish

15. The Hand That Feeds

16. Head Like a Hole

Encore:

17. Hurt

Muse

1. Take A Bow

2. Fury

3. Madness

4. Hyper Music

5. Agitated/Yes Please

6. The Handler

7. Psycho

8. Megalomania

9. The Small Print

10. Sing for Absolution

11. Isolated System

12. Unsustainable

13. Showbiz

14. Dead Star

15. Uprising

16. Reapers

Encore:

17. Rules by Secrecy

I tried to stick to songs that are on a proper release, or that there is a chance of them playing at some point. Some of its a bit of a stretch, but I'd be all for a setlist like that with a bit of reshuffling.

I think you should have just merged the songs.

March of the Psycho Pigs

Head Like A Supermassive Black Hole

The Great Dead Star Destroyer

Sanctified Madness

Find My Showbiz Way

The Small Print Eraser

Hyper Reptile Music

1,000,000 Reapers

The Hand That Feeds The Handler

I know that I witnessed The Drones Downward Spiral a couple times at the Detroit show.

Edited by Nigel_Tufnel

Gave it a go:

I tried to stick to songs that are on a proper release, or that there is a chance of them playing at some point. Some of its a bit of a stretch, but I'd be all for a setlist like that with a bit of reshuffling.

I'm more interested in what an "assault" set would be like if Muse just came out one day with a "we don't care if you know it, we're going to play this heavy rock set" like Nine Inch Nails does, but difference is, NIN fans know the material.

01. Somewhat Damaged

02. 1,000,000

03. March of the Pigs

04. Reptile

05. Terrible Lie

06. Closer

07. Burn

08. Gave Up

09. Disappointed

10. Me, I'm Not

11. Find My Way

12. The Great Destroyer

13. Eraser

14. Wish

15. Only

16. The Hand That Feeds

17. Head Like a Hole

18. Hurt

I didn't see them in 2014 but what's up with the 18 song sets?

26 was generally the standard for the tour I saw them on

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/us-airways-center-phoenix-az-43c49f5f.html

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I think you should have just merged the songs.

March of the Psycho Pigs

Head Like A Supermassive Black Hole

The Great Dead Star Destroyer

Sanctified Madness

Find My Showbiz Way

The Small Print Eraser

Hyper Reptile Music

1,000,000 Reapers

The Hand That Feeds The Handler

I know that I witnessed The Drones Downward Spiral a couple times at the Detroit show.

I really like these! :LOL:

I'm more interested in what an "assault" set would be like if Muse just came out one day with a "we don't care if you know it, we're going to play this heavy rock set" like Nine Inch Nails does, but difference is, NIN fans know the material.

01. Somewhat Damaged

02. 1,000,000

03. March of the Pigs

04. Reptile

05. Terrible Lie

06. Closer

07. Burn

08. Gave Up

09. Disappointed

10. Me, I'm Not

11. Find My Way

12. The Great Destroyer

13. Eraser

14. Wish

15. Only

16. The Hand That Feeds

17. Head Like a Hole

18. Hurt

I didn't see them in 2014 but what's up with the 18 song sets?

26 was generally the standard for the tour I saw them on

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/us-airways-center-phoenix-az-43c49f5f.html

Yeah sets got much shorter in 2014 and some really cool stuff like In Two and VMoE disappeared.

Was just very quick, Eventim's timer thing is a load of bollocks, I lost two tickets whilst having them reserved. The setlist better be fucking good. In other words, looking at other bands tour dates it seems highly likely that Ghost will be the support act for Manchester (if there is going to be one).

Was just very quick, Eventim's timer thing is a load of bollocks, I lost two tickets whilst having them reserved. The setlist better be fucking good. In other words, looking at other bands tour dates it seems highly likely that Ghost will be the support act for Manchester (if there is going to be one).

I'm already standing at Birmingham and in the wheelchair accessible area on Friday night at Manchester. I really wanted standing on the Saturday night. Ah well. Never mind.

I'm already standing at Birmingham and in the wheelchair accessible area on Friday night at Manchester. I really wanted standing on the Saturday night. Ah well. Never mind.

Have you tried ticketmaster today? I just got a standing ticket for Glasgow on the 18th from there.

It doesn't seem like there were standing tickets left for any gig. Been checking then all since 9 and nothing's appeared

Some definitely were. I was having a look, tempted to buy standing tickets for the first night in Manchester, and saw standing tickets pop up for that and a couple of the London dates. They didn't appear 'til 1 or 2 minutes after 9 though (on gigsandtours at least).