So the general consensus on the Drones tour, as usual is that it's another "add 1/2 songs to the set and we're happy"? The same bit of feedback that I could literally copy and paste out of a thread a thousand times in 2009/2010?

All it would take for me is one rarish piano song.

Actually not: It does say VIP Package "includes a guaranteed fantastic reserved seat (or early admission to the GA Floor)" in the header. But if you click on one of the European gigs all it says is: "One (1) premium reserved ticket in the first 15 rows of the lower bowl". If I recall correctly, I clicked on one of the American gigs back when they were still available and there it said something like "...or early admission to GA". So I suppose that whole early admission to GA for VIPs was only an American thing...

http://www.cidentertainment.com/events/muse-drones-tour/

Everyone is, indeed ^^

Moreover, I can tell you that in Belgium, they allow early entrance to people who bought tickets with a ING bank account.

Just seats so it won't affect anyone in the pit. I really hope they never do that again with early entrance for anyone. They know fully well that we're out there every time they drive by the queues and it makes the audience look quite bad since the actual fans are confined to the sides (I say actual fans because the VIPs in my experience are trust fund babies with parents that bought the most expensive ticket available, I was behind one girl because I wanted my ideal spot one night, she was snapchatting throughout every song except Starlight/Madness, seriously)

If GA VIP were a thing in Europe, I think they knew not to do it in Europe since the queues build up much faster than ours do, and they'd be stuck with nothing but casuals on the barrier again)

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Just seats so it won't affect anyone in the pit. I really hope they never do that again with early entrance for anyone. They know fully well that we're out there every time they drive by the queues and it makes the audience look quite bad since the actual fans are confined to the sides (I say actual fans because the VIPs in my experience are trust fund babies with parents that bought the most expensive ticket available, I was behind one girl because I wanted my ideal spot one night, she was snapchatting throughout every song except Starlight/Madness, seriously)

If GA VIP were a thing in Europe, I think they knew not to do it in Europe since the queues build up much faster than ours do, and they'd be stuck with nothing but casuals on the barrier again)

Just chill with the Europe vs America

If that's what American crowds are like is it any wonder they've "given up"?

Again, who attracted that crowd to the venue? Stop blaming the Americans.

Just chill with the Europe vs America

How was I instigating a fight between the two sides? Read my post again, I said absolutely nothing inflammatory about Europe, but rather how some American teenage bimbo was snapchatting her friend during the show.

I was stating a fact that if Europe had VIP, they'd be fucked because they'd sell a million of them so queuing wouldn't even matter, and a lot of them would go to people who aren't die-hard fans (meaning they shouldn't be on the barrier). There wouldn't be a single spot on the barrier if they pulled what they did here over there.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I didn't; I said "if". Are all USA gig audiences like that or just Muse ones?

That 'if' was very obviously used for rhetorical effect. It's clear as day that you're conflating US crowds in general with this particularly terrible one. With that kind of logic, you'd fit in perfectly with the band as far as decision making goes.

inb4 first Paris set is

1. Drones + Reapers
  2. Dead Star
  3. Psycho
  4. Supermassive Black Hole
  5. Map of the Problematique
  6. Dead Inside
  7. Bliss (Long)
  8. The 2nd Law: Isolated System
  9. The Handler
  10. Fury
  11. Butterflies & Hurricanes
  12. Sunburn
  13. Space Dementia (Guitar Outro)
  14. Citizen Erased
  15. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption)
  16. Intro + Apocalypse Please
  17. The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
  18. Supremacy
  19. MK Ultra
  20. Liquid State
  21. Prelude + Starlight
  22. Plug in Baby
  23. Mercy
  24. Forced In
  25. Assassin (GOB)
  26. New Born
  27. Time is Running Out
  28. The Globalist + Drones
  29. Take A Bow
    --------
  30. Showbiz
  31. Stockholm Syndrome
  32. Agitated
    --------
  33. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)
  34. Uprising
  35. Knights of Cydonia