With hindsight, compared to my gig today's rotation has been UD/CE.

Incredible.

My gig compared to this one...

Subtract UD

Add CE and AP

Sounds fair

Sadly enough, UD was the song I was least looking forward to hearing. CE and AP were the 2 I was most looking forward to possibly hearing. I'll stop being bitter about it eventually.

Eh, the gigs could be a lot worse. Map, AP and CE all in the same set for the states is pretty impressive. Even the Resistance/UD rotation makes a lot of sense. Map as a staple is the best thing they've done.

I think it's more the length over the actual contents that's dragging the sets down.

What I'd like to see for future arena gigs:

- A different opener to replace Drones (probably Drill Sergeant)

- Keep the OoS rotation slot (Bliss/CE/PIB)

- Add another piano slot (something like Sunburn/SD/RBS)

- Add a heavy rotation slot near the end of the set (SS/NB/Assassin)

- Make Defector a staple (after JFK)

- Drop Prelude (unless Survival follows)

- A Showbiz rotation slot (although this seems unlikely)

Apparently Matt said this tour felt short and that they'd have to come back next year?

On this note, fans (not you), need to stop taking the things he says as eternal truth. I saw that post on the Facebook group. I think we're all fairly certain they're not going to simply go back to the US for no reason next year rather than start work on the new album.

They played citizen erased tonight in DC 😩😩😩 and I saw some lady post an instagram video complaining how the show was too loud while they're playing CE in the background, trying extremely hard not to berate her on Instagram lol

Crowds are shit these days, even in the UK. I saw Massive Attack last week which was 90 minutes of drunks shouting at each other because it was 'boring', the band were almost inaudible at times. Apparently someone was eating a salad at one of their gigs.

These types of crowds are becoming more common.

Apparently Matt said this tour felt short and that they'd have to come back next year?

He also usually says stuff like "Tonight's been really special/this is one of our favourite places/you've been amazing" from what I've seen so it could've just been another fairly throwaway line to butter up the crowd.

What I'd like to see for future arena gigs:

- A different opener to replace Drones (probably Drill Sergeant)

- Keep the OoS rotation slot (Bliss/CE/PIB)

- Add another piano slot (something like Sunburn/SD/RBS)

- Add a heavy rotation slot near the end of the set (SS/NB/Assassin)

- Make Defector a staple (after JFK)

- Drop Prelude (unless Survival follows)

- A Showbiz rotation slot (although this seems unlikely)

If you take tonights setlist and use the realistic ones of these then it really becomes an acceptable length (20 songs) and there's realistically a tonne of rotation room

{Drill Sergeant} Psycho // {JFK} Defector

Dead Inside

{Interlude} Hysteria // Plug In Baby

Map of the Problematique

Citizen Erased // Bliss

{Isolated System} The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

{Intro} Apocalypse Please // United States of Eurasia

Sunburn // Ruled By Secrecy

Munich Jam

Madness

Resistance // Undisclosed Desires

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome/New Born

Reapers

Uprising

The Globalist

{Drones}

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

Now that the tour is over for me, in retrospect I had a good time at all my shows, I just wish it was a bit heavier and more political in order to justify the "Drones concept".

Maybe next time. It's a shame I just found the best spot in the entire venue on my last gig.

So now the US tour is over and the European one is coming, what advice can people who attended the show give in terms of best spot in GA ? :-)

I saw a video on Instagram that was....I think it was the start of Psycho, which I'd expect the very front of the GA to be going mental to. It was something I would have been bouncing to, anyway.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, was standing still holding up their phones.

:facepalm:

Edited by BlueEyedFloozy

So now the US tour is over and the European one is coming, what advice can people who attended the show give in terms of best spot in GA ? :-)

Depending on who you like. There is no ideal spot for everything, but there are ideal spots for who you prefer to watch. You never want to be on the side of the person you enjoy watching. You want to be far away from the person you're watching, on the opposite of "their side"

Sure, you'll be facing their ass during The Handler, but it's great for every other song, except for Time is Running Out, you'll be turning your head a bit (Reapers guitar outro for Matt is on the platform nearest to your spot too so you'll be watching that turned a bit too).

I don't remember whether Europe has this VIP nonsense but the corners of the areas I marked are also good, but not absolutely ideal.

http://imgur.com/jua0PLi (Thanks Jess)

I saw a video on Instagram that was....I think it was the start of Psycho, which I'd expect the very front of the GA to be going mental to. It was something I would have been bouncing to, anyway.

Everyoneand I mean everyone, was standing still holding up their phones.

:facepalm:

I really do believe that respectfully asking the pit to not take out phones/take photos is the best thing they can do, make the first 1-2 songs theatrical, show everything the stage has to offer, then ask "Hey, we want you to enjoy the music, put away your phones and we'll be uploading the gig's audio/video to the website, along with professionally taken photos that will turn out immensely better than anything on your smartphone will"

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Depending on who you like. There is no ideal spot for everything, but there are ideal spots for who you prefer to watch. You never want to be on the side of the person you enjoy watching. You want to be far away from the person you're watching, on the opposite of "their side"

Sure, you'll be facing their ass during The Handler, but it's great for every other song, except for Time is Running Out, you'll be turning your head a bit (Reapers guitar outro for Matt is on the platform nearest to your spot too so you'll be watching that turned a bit too).

I don't remember whether Europe has this VIP nonsense but the corners of the areas I marked are also good, but not absolutely ideal.

http://imgur.com/jua0PLi (Thanks Jess)

Thanks dude ! :-) What's this VIP thing about ? A bunch of people entering into the arena before everyone else ?

Thanks dude ! :-) What's this VIP thing about ? A bunch of people entering into the arena before everyone else ?

GA VIP granted early entrance into the pit, so when you got in there, the barrier was almost always full on the circle areas. I'm looking for VIP experience GA in Europe and I can't seem to find any, but if that's the case and you're first in the queues, you'll have the opportunity at every show.

I might be wrong, and if there's GA VIP in Europe, everyone is fucked.