Really hope they start dropping off one of the playings of Drones and add an extra song to the sets. Still find it criminal they're playing even shorter sets than some of TR Tour ones..

I was a bit disappointed the first time I watched on YT the intro in the first absolute of this tour. Now I think it's mesmerising with its sacred feeling and the glowing orb-drones floating around, but I was hoping they could use a totally different intro, purposedly written just for the tour, like the snippet in that brief teaser for the stage.

And yes, they should add at least two songs more, like Stockholm and something along the lines of Dead Star or Fury.

I was a bit disappointed the first time I watched on YT the intro in the first absolute of this tour. Now I think it's mesmerising with its sacred feeling and the glowing orb-drones floating around, but I was hoping they could use a totally different intro, purposedly written just for the tour, like the snippet in that brief teaser for the stage.

And yes, they should add at least two songs more, like Stockholm and something along the lines of Dead Star or Fury.

I don't mind it as an opener I guess, more the fact it's being played fucking twice.

Holy crap, my heart rate just went through the roof there for a second. I decided that I want to go to one of the London gigs a couple of weeks ago (took me a while, cause my main-muse-travelling-buddy isn't available) and have tried to get myself used to the thought of having to try and get them second hand. Now this...:happy:

I hope all the gigs will have extra standing tickets available. Also, if you click on the link on the homepage you get to gigsandtours, so I suppose that's where they'll go on sale.

Holy crap, my heart rate just went through the roof there for a second. I decided that I want to go to one of the London gigs a couple of weeks ago (took me a while, cause my main-muse-travelling-buddy isn't available) and have tried to get myself used to the thought of having to try and get them second hand. Now this...:happy:

I hope all the gigs will have extra standing tickets available. Also, if you click on the link on the homepage you get to gigsandtours, so I suppose that's where they'll go on sale.

I'm afraid only VIP packages have remained (I wonder why *sarcasm mode: ON*). Maybe you should wait and see if someone decides to resell their ticket because they won't be able to attend the gig.

I know it may sound cinical, but I think it's the fastest, cheapest and most reliable way to get one.

I'm afraid only VIP packages have remained (I wonder why *sarcasm mode: ON*). Maybe you should wait and see if someone decides to resell their ticket because they won't be able to attend the gig.

I know it may sound cinical, but I think it's the fastest, cheapest and most reliable way to get one.

More standing tickets are being released this week.

Really? Wow! I didn't read that. For which gigs?

Looks like it only posted to the UK news splash page: http://muse.mu/news,more-uk-tix-released_1721.htm

UK! Additional tickets - including standing room - will be released on Wednesday 3 February at 9am GMT.

2 April | Birmingham | Barclaycard Arena

3 April | London | The O2

8 April | Manchester | Manchester Arena

9 April | Manchester | Manchester Arena

11 April | London | The O2

12 April | London | The O2

14 April | London | The O2

15 April | London | The O2

17 April | Glasgow | The SSE Hydro

18 April | Glasgow | The SSE Hydro

Really? Wow! I didn't read that. For which gigs?

Yea, sorry. The two posters above my original post also commented on it, but none of us made it completely clear what happened...

Thanks Jessica :)

Edited by fam201

Looks like it only posted to the UK news splash page: http://muse.mu/news,more-uk-tix-released_1721.htm

UK! Additional tickets - including standing room - will be released on Wednesday 3 February at 9am GMT.

2 April | Birmingham | Barclaycard Arena

3 April | London | The O2

8 April | Manchester | Manchester Arena

9 April | Manchester | Manchester Arena

11 April | London | The O2

12 April | London | The O2

14 April | London | The O2

15 April | London | The O2

17 April | Glasgow | The SSE Hydro

18 April | Glasgow | The SSE Hydro

Thank you for the information. :)

Although it's a pity there are no new ticket available for Italian (oops, I mean Milan) gigs... For now, at least.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the gig for what it is, tbf. I've been to gigs where I coulda been happier with them being longer, or where certain ones I liked could've been played (or in the case of some gigs, both), but left feeling happy with it regardless.

But yeah, it should be much longer than 16 songs, even with all the faff stretching it to 1hr40, which is their usual arena gig length.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the gig for what it is, tbf. I've been to gigs where I coulda been happier with them being longer, or where certain ones I liked could've been played (or in the case of some gigs, both), but left feeling happy with it regardless.

But yeah, it should be much longer than 16 songs, even with all the faff stretching it to 1hr40, which is their usual arena gig length.

Only an idiot would post on these boards and say they're humanly incapable of enjoying their gigs in any capacity whilst still criticizing them. Nobody here doesn't enjoy the gigs, its just important to note how frequently across Muse fan sites people post "there's nothing wrong with enjoying the gigs" in response to people pointing out how they can be improved. That's precisely how the status quo gets perpetuated. Most complaints are about what some fans feel is an injustice being done to them for no logistical reason, such as dropping a song slot. The point tends to be that if enough people can say "I could have been happier" then the criticisms are justified. From what I know about the board, people don't complain when they feel like they've been treated fairly.

btw not trying to complain here, but thought I'd add my two cents since you brought it up.

Muse's problem goes beyond them not playing a particular song that you like. Their concerts just seem skimpy in most respects beyond the light show.

I've seen Bruce Springsteen play a 3-hour concert including the entire Born to Run album. And watched Pearl Jam play a 17-song set followed by a pair of 7-song encores. I doubt that anybody left those shows feeling short-changed because they didn't get to hear Glory Days or Jeremy, respectively. Their concerts didn't hinge on cumbersome stages or half-functioning effects because their music spoke for itself.

Green Day still pulls songs off of their old indie albums for the die-hard fans. Do you think they really care if those entire albums are completely unknown to younger fans who've only followed them since American Idiot?

Muse may have the potential and word-of-mouth hype to be the best live band around but they'll never rise to that status with their current sets. I'd say that their rote, hit-parade set lists put them more on par with bands like The Killers and Maroon 5. I've seen both of those bands and enjoyed their shows (especially The Killers) but nobody is touting them as the best live acts in the world. Maybe Muse never asked for that title and don't really aspire to claim it but their fans are complaining more about wasted potential than anything else.

Muse's problem goes beyond them not playing a particular song that you like. Their concerts just seem skimpy in most respects beyond the light show.

I've seen Bruce Springsteen play a 3-hour concert including the entire Born to Run album. And watched Pearl Jam play a 17-song set followed by a pair of 7-song encores. I doubt that anybody left those shows feeling short-changed because they didn't get to hear Glory Days or Jeremy, respectively. Their concerts didn't hinge on cumbersome stages or half-functioning effects because their music spoke for itself.

Green Day still pulls songs off of their old indie albums for the die-hard fans. Do you think they really care if those entire albums are completely unknown to younger fans who've only followed them since American Idiot?

Muse may have the potential and word-of-mouth hype to be the best live band around but they'll never rise to that status with their current sets. I'd say that their rote, hit-parade set lists put them more on par with bands like The Killers and Maroon 5. I've seen both of those bands and enjoyed their shows (especially The Killers) but nobody is touting them as the best live acts in the world. Maybe Muse never asked for that title and don't really aspire to claim it but their fans are complaining more about wasted potential than anything else.

Well put. I think the greatest irony lies in how you said they probably didn't ask for it. They earned it, they earned it during the time when they appeared to be most passionate about playing music live.