Honestly, I love it but UD was guff with the keytar as well, it's always been weak and flat.

Only time it ever improved imo was on T2L Tour when Matt used it as an opportunity to run around the barrier, which was at least entertaining to watch.

"weak and flat" :rolleyes:

"weak and flat" :rolleyes:

...yes? That's a pro-shot from a one-off gig with god knows how many real strings backing them. Not really the best example.

I saw it twice on that tour and in person it was flat and weak. Can't think of a worse song on the tour tbh.

UD is a killer live, just saying :happy:. I love that song. Gimme some slap bass glory :LOL:.

The problem is, when I heard it live, I had like 5 couples kissing by my side, so the experience was totally ruined by some bastards. And no keytar, no fun, sorry :LOL:

Edited by topo_musero

I've never been a fan of UD, live or otherwise. It's been played at all 5 concerts that I've seen. I've always found it to be a plodding buzz kill. I wouldn't say that their presentation of the song on this tour helped either. The visuals were something different but I still don't really care to watch a band perform in the dark behind screens. It was almost like watching more prerecorded playback like the Isolated System segment. And what was with the dumb red light-up glasses? The whole thing just seemed off and made me think about how much better that 5-minute slot could have been utilized.

Loved it on TR, was less impressed during T2L, but at least they seemed to have dropped it for the 2nd leg gig.

I don't quite get the blacked out stage thing, at least from the videos I've seen. Visuals are pretty stellar, but could have been incorporated in some way that the band is visible, surely?

The glasses are just more shit to throw to the crowd. :chuckle:

How much did he actually use the Keytar during the song on TR tour anyway? It was pretty boring imo on TR tour with matt standing behind the mic playing a few parts on the keytar.

Much preferred it on T2L tour when it actually seemed to serve a purpose. Still boring af though.

He barely did anything with it, but it rather looked cool. :chuckle:

It seemed like a hell of a lot of work for nothing.

The intros he'd do with it were cool, and I dunno, it just added something interesting to the song for some reason. Very "wtf is that" moment.

T2L he wasn't even visible for a portion of the song, so not much of a trade off.

I love UD as a song, but for me it just never worked live at all.

There is one performance, think it's from the Big Day Out festivals in Australia 2010 (proshot on YouTube somewhere) that I love.

It's played slightly faster and it really helps.

But otherwise, it just doesn't work at all live imo, whereas Dead Inside totally does. Mainly because it's a much better song (and that's said as someone who does genuinely like UD).

I love UD as a song, but for me it just never worked live at all.

There is one performance, think it's from the Big Day Out festivals in Australia 2010 (proshot on YouTube somewhere) that I love.

This one? This is literally the only performance I enjoy outside of that Royal Albert Hall one performed with the actual strings arrangement.

UD is a decent song but it's one of those ones I really just would not be upset about not seeing. Especially when they've got Citizen Erased, Bliss, Map all rehearsed.

Exactly.

I went to the Detroit show where they didn't play a piano song, didn't play any rarities, didn't play anything off of Origin but still made time for UD. I couldn't stop thinking about all the other songs they could have picked instead of that. And putting it right after Madness is a mistake too.

Exactly.

I went to the Detroit show where they didn't play a piano song, didn't play any rarities, didn't play anything off of Origin but still made time for UD. I couldn't stop thinking about all the other songs they could have picked instead of that. And putting it right after Madness is a mistake too.

Hey... we got Map, closest thing to a 'rarity' sadly. But yeah, they also did that in 2013... along with Sunburn and New Born. Really stings comparing this tour to last. :$

I've seen Muse 5 times and heard Map 4 times. If that's a rarity, then we're doomed.

To be fair, you can't necessarily judge how rare a song is in general by how many times you've personally seen it. I've seen Dead Star and CE 3 times out of 5 (and Map only once, incidentally) but that doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

On the T2L Tour it was played exactly as much as Sunburn (according to setlist fm) and it's only just become a regular again over the last few gigs/weeks so I'd still class it as generally pretty rare.

The more significant thing for me is that, aside from the Drones songs, there wasn't anything in the set that I hadn't heard before. Plus, they never really bring anything new to the regular material. When the "rare" song is something that I've heard at all but one concert and everything else is pretty much the same, I can't help but find it disappointing.

This Muse concert was the first one I've seen that seemed "by the numbers" and ultimately forgettable. The most memorable part of the show was the big drone crashing into the crowd and being dragged away by the crew. That's pretty sad.

Off topic but this is from the other nights gig

Around 3:15, Matt pulls his hand up to his mouth but the notes keep playing, cracking skills!..

Not 100% sure if you're implying he's miming or not but, just in case you are, he's definitely playing there. In fact, he's barely even playing any notes, he's just sustaining the one he's on and maybe hammering on the one above a little bit. Basically, what he's doing doesn't require his picking hand.