I really wouldn't think something polite like "gosh, I wish you guys played longer" (or played an older song or two) sounds ungrateful.

It's at least partially a compliment. You'd think they'd like to know they have fans here that know their material especially, since they seem so damn set on believing there aren't any of us.

I don't think anyone's suggesting phrasing it like 'you guys are totally ripping us off with that set length' even if that's what they believe.

Just don't ask them how they like playing in the US, especially if alcohol has been involved.

On a slightly different note, anyways, there's a reason they don't play for longer (although 1-2 song difference wouldn't make any difference at all,) and you can see it in the fan reviews all over the internet, and even a bit in some random YT videos; people start leaving before the end of the gig.

I'd hoped it was just a Dallas thing, because it was super late and people were even leaving before it started, but I've seen multiple mentions of it for most of the rest of the gigs.

Once the end of the gig starts rolling around, people have seen all the stage props, and the songs they came for, and once everything slows down, they bail.

People have terrible attention spans, probably early morning work or school, and they're attracting people who haven't listened to the albums.

Maybe they should save SMBH, Starlight or Madness for the encore to get people to stay... Bands usually keep a huge hit for the closer, and I don't think KoC is what people are really waiting for here.

Nine songs in, a lot of people have heard what they came for, and the excitement over the stage show has waned.

Maybe they could close with CE or Bliss, for the people that stuck around. :phu::LOL:

one of the most disturbing things about this tour is the number of failures every night:

TORONTO:

The Globalist: min 3:42 video LAG + 6:25 strange solo... Perhaps because Matt is very close to the dilldrone...

Supermassive : min 1:00 drone fail.

Undisclosed: video LAG all the time...

The Handler..... What is happening with the visuals? Compare:

Toronto:

min 3:30 and LAG at 6:23

Mexico:

perfect (the shadows are moving like Chris and Matt)

Drones: Drone without light

On a slightly different note, anyways, there's a reason they don't play for longer (although 1-2 song difference wouldn't make any difference at all,) and you can see it in the fan reviews all over the internet, and even a bit in some random YT videos; people start leaving before the end of the gig.

I'd hoped it was just a Dallas thing, because it was super late and people were even leaving before it started, but I've seen multiple mentions of it for most of the rest of the gigs.

Once the end of the gig starts rolling around, people have seen all the stage props, and the songs they came for, and once everything slows down, they bail.

People have terrible attention spans, probably early morning work or school, and they're attracting people who haven't listened to the albums.

Maybe they should save SMBH, Starlight or Madness for the encore to get people to stay... Bands usually keep a huge hit for the closer, and I don't think KoC is what people are really waiting for here.

Nine songs in, a lot of people have heard what they came for, and the excitement over the stage show has waned.

Maybe they could close with CE or Bliss, for the people that stuck around. :phu::LOL:

It doesn't help they start later this tour because of the setup. I remember leaving a concert early last year for the first time in ages because it started at midnight and I was exhausted. But I don't know if that number has gone up or not compared to before.

Oh wow. And they do save Uprising and Mercy for the end of the gig, in addition to KoC. Must be so strange for them to face dead crowds leaving before the end of the gig, especially given the contrast with the Psycho tour and some festivals. Add all the malfunctioning props; this leg seems to be a nightmare for them. The hardcore fans being the collateral victims of all those factors adding up.

Oh wow. And they do save Uprising and Mercy for the end of the gig, in addition to KoC. Must be so strange for them to face dead crowds leaving before the end of the gig, especially given the contrast with the Psycho tour and some festivals. Add all the malfunctioning props; this leg seems to be a nightmare for them. The hardcore fans being the collateral victims of all those factors adding up.

It's not like, droves of people. Although I heard Dallas was more substantial.

Just something I was talking about with someone from Boston this morning.

It's honestly very, very common for bands to play short sets nowdays; we were talking about how 90 minutes would be unacceptable for a small gig back when we were younger, and how startled we were to see that sets just aren't that long anymore for the most part.

Probably has a lot to do with how people consume music, and how many other things there are demanding our attention.

That, and Muse is dealing with a crowd here that their music doesn't really mesh with, in the big picture.

A very casual crowd.

But, I mean, I get it; they're catering to that crowd, and their attention spans. Of course, the stage show has a lot of down time, and the band itself has a ton of down time. Could still add more songs if they tightened things up, for sure. Throw us a goddamned bone like Canada got.

I still stick to the fact that they are intentionally drawing this crowd in the US, so if they don't like it, they need to deal with it fairly (meaning, no bad attitude, etc) or they need to draw a different crowd. They can, they've shown that they can, it just would mean smaller venues.

I don't know if Uprising is a huge hit or not with the masses there, but it fell a bit flat with the crowd the last time I saw them versus Starlight and Madness, and I do think moving one or both of them to the end of the set (Starlight was encore last tour, for example) would be a step in the right direction. Madness would probably be ideal for an encore opener, with the way our crowds are.

Keep the asses in the seats through The Globalist.

Do they normally leave before the encore, though? Or like nine songs in?

I can see if I can post the videos my friend took, but groups of people near him were leaving super early.

He's got a video of about a dozen groups in his seated area leaving during The Globalist and Uprising, and said none of them came back.

If so, I guess it's just something I've never experienced at my gigs.

I can see if I can post the videos my friend took, but groups of people near him were leaving super early.

He's got a video of about a dozen groups in his seated area leaving during The Globalist and Uprising, and said none of them came back.

If so, I guess it's just something I've never experienced at my gigs.

That would be the Perfect time for them to bust out Plug in baby or Citizen erased or something that's not one of their radio singles, since all the people coming for Madness or starlight or leaving do something for the fans that have struck through the whole show, although i realize i'm beating a horse that's been dead for weeks lol

That would be the Perfect time for them to bust out Plug in baby or Citizen erased or something that's not one of their radio singles, since all the people coming for Madness or starlight or leaving do something for the fans that have struck through the whole show, although i realize i'm beating a horse that's been dead for weeks lol

It might be alive... There's strong rumors of CE getting played at Barclays.

It's just really, REALLY terminally ill. :chuckle:

I noticed last night that a lot of people started to leave after The Globalist once the second Drones started, which to a first time concert goer ( or a casual fan) might seem like the end of the show honestly.

oi guys

So I'm considering making a thread with a poll for what rarities the fanbase should hashtag to come back for this year. Might require spreading the word to other sites like Twitter and Reddit. Figured collectively choosing one or two rarities and making one big push for them would be more effective than sporadically doing it for individual gigs.

Good idea, bad idea? Thought I'd run it by here first to see what people thought.

Obviously feel free to suggest me songs to include as well (most likely won't be including stuff like CE, Bliss, Map and AP since they'll probs be in rotation anyway), though I've already got what I think is a decent list. Keep it reasonably realistic too, obvs.

Assassin

Butterflies & Hurricanes

City Of Delusion

Dark Shines

Dead Star

Fury

Futurism

The Groove

Hyper Music

Micro Cuts

MK Ultra

Muscle Museum

Ruled By Secrecy

Showbiz

Sing For Absolution

The Small Print

Sunburn

Take A Bow

Unnatural Selection

Uno

Recess and Escape should be in that list... especially Escape...

I noticed last night that a lot of people started to leave after The Globalist once the second Drones started, which to a first time concert goer ( or a casual fan) might seem like the end of the show honestly.

Now that you mention it, playing Drones first and then after TG might actually make it look like the end of the gig.

I usually stand around at gigs like a dope until the lights go on, but I've been to tons. Just not tons of Muse ones.

Yeah, i can't wait to see NYC get hooked up with Canadian style sets and then see Newark and Philly (the gig i'll be at) get shafted

There's been people who've tried organizing Tweets to the band and management, or bringing signs (although that just impacts the gig after the signs anyways,) but there hasn't been a lot of cooperation, sadly.

I'll likely not be able to go, but if Philly gets the worst set of the entire tour, you can blame me for buying tickets and cursing it. :chuckle:

Now that you mention it, playing Drones first and then after TG might actually make it look like the end of the gig.

I usually stand around at gigs like a dope until the lights go on, but I've been to tons. Just not tons of Muse ones.

There's been people who've tried organizing Tweets to the band and management, or bringing signs (although that just impacts the gig after the signs anyways,) but there hasn't been a lot of cooperation, sadly.

I'll likely not be able to go, but if Philly gets the worst set of the entire tour, you can blame me for buying tickets and cursing it. :chuckle:

I was honestly considering Trying #newbornforphiladelphia, but i feel like Putting PIB/CE in that slot would be a better shot, honestly at this point i'm probably gonna put #Morethan16songsForPhilly

I guess I don't go to many arena shows, and the small stuff I've been seeing has more of a dedicated fanbase that wouldn't leave until it was over.

That's super nuts; I couldn't believe it when I saw the videos he sent me. People have more money than sense, apparently.

Still couldn't hurt to throw the favorites in the encore, and try and string the traffic beating bastards along.

Then again, last gig I was at, some drunk asshat screamed for the band's big hit through the entire 24 song set like there was some chance they weren't going to play it.... so... maybe play Starlight and Madness first...

Didn't GA sell out, though? I think the stage just made it look more empty; they never stuff the floor full at any gigs, but you don't notice because it's all in the very back opposite the endstage.

I also keep hearing that Boston had some really crazy safety restrictions that held back the number of GA tix that could be sold, as well as even where people were allowed to stand on the floor.

But I 100% agree they should do smaller venues, and I never really understood why they don't, as they keep claiming they barely break even on the arena gigs. They must rake in the cash with stuff like the Psycho Tour.

It would help them build up a dedicated fanbase, too.

Didn't GA sell out, though? I think the stage just made it look more empty; they never stuff the floor full at any gigs, but you don't notice because it's all in the very back opposite the endstage.

I also keep hearing that Boston had some really crazy safety restrictions that held back the number of GA tix that could be sold, as well as even where people were allowed to stand on the floor.

But I 100% agree they should do smaller venues, and I never really understood why they don't, as they keep claiming they barely break even on the arena gigs. They must rake in the cash with stuff like the Psycho Tour.

It would help them build up a dedicated fanbase, too.

Did it sell out? It definitely didn't look like it, the crowd mostly concentrated around the barrier. Most of the top seats didn't fill up either. It just didn't seem like a really big crowd, and yes the security there was kinda crazy.

They also made an announcement before the band went on about how the show was being recorded and the use of flash was prohibited. Does this happen at every show?

They also made an announcement before the band went on about how the show was being recorded and the use of flash was prohibited. Does this happen at every show?

Yeah, they don't want it to reflect off of the curtains and interfere with the visuals. I'm silly and I recorded it on my last show -- was always excited to hear that warning since it meant the show was about to start. :awesome: It also reminds me of the announcements before amusement park rides. :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chzDjz_Ds94