A friend of mine went to a Notre Dame vs Louisville basketball game a few years ago. Louisville led by 8 points with less than a minute to go. My friend left the game because he figured it was all over at that point. ND came back to tie the game and they ended up playing 5 overtimes before ND won it in the end. My friend who is a big ND fan listened to the whole thing over the radio while driving home. He's swears that he'll never leave a game early again.

I didn't say it was a smart thing to do. :chuckle:

We know what we're getting into with sports here; we're either going to suck all year, or we'll finally get into the playoffs and then miss a really easy kick.

I was there :awesome:.

Manchester MEN, November 11 2006: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/manchester-evening-news-arena-manchester-england-1bd7b58c.html

I thought I'd never get to see Showbiz live. Then I saw it at two gigs in a row (Eden Project 2006 and then Manchester).

I hate you :p It's the only song I'm actually desperate for now. I know I'll never ever get HCM or other obscure ones, but I'm still holding out for Showbiz!

Lol, only just clocked on to this poll thingy… it's fun and harmless, but hopefully people realise it'll have zero influence whatsoever on any shows, otherwise there'll be some pretty disappointed fans :LOL: Matt's the setlist king and he plays it pretty damn safe, especially at big shows. Muse's version of pushing the boat out with sets on this tour is CE, Apocalypse, Bliss, MOTP etc making it into the set every so often. If I got two of those plus Matt bashing the shit out of his guitar on one of the dates I'm going, I'll consider myself v lucky ;)

I just wish they'd ban phones in the crowds just say "enjoy the show, we'll have the video available on our website so you can share with friends and family" and release proshot video/audio. The crowds started sucking when smartphones stopped sucking and that's no coincidence.

At least get rid of them in the pit. I was behind a VIP who was snapchatting during the whole show and only focused on the band during Starlight and Madness. I've never wanted to slap someone more in my life.

It would be great if they did this but making the videos available to purchase. The only downside is of course inevitable rampant rips of the videos as someone purchases them.

UD was played but The Globalist wasn't? :wtf:

both played. great show. got an extra song but a crappy one :LOL: all kidding aside i do enjoy UD live. madness and starlight can go away. the music gods tried to intervene on madness, but to no avail.

everything else was pretty brilliant. they sounded great, mix sounds great and pretty massive, and i noticed a great improvement in dynamic range on this tour. the stage is beautiful and as intimate as it gets for an arena show.

If they have to drop anything I'd much rather it were one of IS, Prelude, Interlude, D&B jam or Man with a Harmonica than a proper song (although IS is just about justified by its visuals). Also the D&B jams shouldn't be a thing at all, they should play Minimum or Earl's Court 2004 Dracula Mountain if they want to give Matt's voice a break for a song.

umm

What's not to love about some riffage and Matt wearing hand puppets and stuff?(?????)

(EDIT - I realise that the ummm was about the fact that Dracula Mountain is a D&B jam - I was just under the impression from the pro-shot recording that there was a guitar in there too but if not then fair enough)

And honestly, I know this isn't gonna be a popular opinion but I really don't think the bass jams pack that much punch. I haven't come out of any Muse gig I've been to and heard people go "god that drum and bass thing they did halfway through the set was great", and for good reason. They get boring quite quickly as well - the current jam overstays its welcome by a good minute at least. Minimum would be great, you'd get the added value of seeing Matt fucking around like he did during Liquid State on the T2L tour or during this video (which is great):

[YT]

[/YT] Edited by frozenbanana

Nope, they were being totally serious.

"Please forgive me but I'm too lazy to think of an entire set at the moment but here are some general ideas that I would implement in my personal dream setlist:

Explorers. Yes, you heard it right. Explorers in Rome absolutely stole the show if you ask me. I think it's a far superior alternative to Undisclosed Desires (which is amazing in the studio version but just can't hold up live)"

Kind of reminds me of THAT setlist I feel the need to repost every so often. Let's see if I can find it...

Edit: lol

This is awesome!!! I love it, very creative as well .

Okay I am not so... Technical on set lists and things. I thought that the Toyota Center in Houston was a great show with a great set list. I'm not sure if there are really rules to a setlist or not, so I will just kind of write what I would love to see in a show. Not much different from what I actually saw.

1) INTRO - The Second Law - Unsustainable - Band hides the whole time

2) Uprising

3) Madness

4) Hysteria

5) Panic Station

6) Time is Running Out

7) Follow Me

8) Supremacy

9) Map of Problematique

10) Stockholm Syndrome

11) Invincible

12) Knights of Cydonia

13) Animals

14) Butterflies and Hurricanes

15) Undisclosed Desires

16) Survival

17) Exo-Politics

18) Explorers

19) The Second Law: Isolation

20) Supermassive Black Hole

Encore -

21) Starlight

22) Resistance

NOTE: I chose Unsustainable first because I think it is a very great way to pump the crowd up. It pumps me up, at least. And the excitement and anticipation is great. Then I felt like why not start it off with a great and popular song. I always felt like that there should be a great beginning and a great ending. I think that the beginning is great and in my opinion so would be the ending. Finishing off with Supermassive Black Hole and then beginning the encore with Starlight and ending the show with Resistance. Resistance is one of my favorite songs, it is right up there, and I think it is a great way to wrap up a night. Not to mention all the extras they could throw into the song to prolong it. I love every song top to bottom in the list though, but I added the most famous ones in areas I think they would be well suited and received by the audience.

From reddit:

"Explorers in Rome absolutely stole the show if you ask me."

This is why we can't have nice things.

Yikes, reminds me I ran into a friend at a Christmas party this year and found out he was going to the same show as me, and he goes "Are they gonna play Resistance??!! They have to its my favorite song!" Kind of puts the whole set list thing in perspective

Yikes, reminds me I ran into a friend at a Christmas party this year and found out he was going to the same show as me, and he goes "Are they gonna play Resistance??!! They have to its my favorite song!" Kind of puts the whole set list thing in perspective

See I love Resistance and I had a blast when I saw it live. I think it's a little unfair the way this board attacks certain songs and while I don't really wanna see Starlight live, they play it because most people at a Muse show wanna see it and I'm not really going to argue against them playing a really popular single. All of my friends know Resistance and they are not Muse fans.

Explorers, on the other hand I get. I think the version from Rome is really good but I can see that being super boring live. It's not a single. It's not a crowd pleaser. And it's not a fan favorite. So that shouldn't be played.

Love Resistance and UD on the albums and during the TR tours (double neck guitar/keytar), but they sound weak live nowadays. UD without the keytar is pointless.

Love Resistance and UD on the albums and during the TR tours (double neck guitar/keytar), but they sound weak live nowadays. UD without the keytar is pointless.

Honestly, I love it but UD was guff with the keytar as well, it's always been weak and flat.

Only time it ever improved imo was on T2L Tour when Matt used it as an opportunity to run around the barrier, which was at least entertaining to watch.