Well they do have to submit their intended setlist before performance in China, for approval.

Indeed. I know when The Killers played there in 2013, they forgot to submit the lyrics to a song - a love song that was one of their early B-sides, no less - and were therefore banned from playing it. Pretty sure Dom said they were banned from playing Defector and Uprising, although I'm still pretty surprised Knights of Cydonia was permitted.

Revolt 1/2-step down is a weird one - gives it the feel of when the pitch of a song is changed for inclusion in a movie.

In films, songs are re-pitched slightly higher than normal, and not lower. :)

Anyway, the live version of Revolt - although I think it's very neat - also puts me a little off, to be honest: I find the chorus absurdingly similar to All Those Things That I Have Done by The Killers. It almost sound as plagiarism to me. :LOL:

To be fair, the lyrics to KOC don't seem to be an attack on anyone in particular and soubd like generic "we must fight for our lives" lyrics.

Uprising and Revolt are illustrated political attack songs.

Maybe it was more to do with stuff like "How can we win when fools can be kings?" or "You and I must fight for our rights"? I dunno, I'm not really totally clued up on exactly what is and isn't allowed.

Completely off-topic but I saw an interview last night and was kinda surprised when Matt said Invincible was his favourite song from Black Holes. Why drop it after one tour then yer bloody tit (play it pls, for me). Granted, the interview was just after Black Holes came out but still.

Maybe it was more to do with stuff like "How can we win when fools can be kings?" or "You and I must fight for our rights"? I dunno, I'm not really totally clued up on exactly what is and isn't allowed.

Completely off-topic but I saw an interview last night and was kinda surprised when Matt said Invincible was his favourite song from Black Holes. Why drop it after one tour then yer bloody tit (play it pls, for me). Granted, the interview was just after Black Holes came out but still.

My point is that theyre just generic lyrics that aren't directed at anyone in particular.

Lyrics like "Rise up and take the power back/it's time the fat cats had a heart attack" are more likely to do it; hell they even mention "fat cats" right in there.

Didn't he also say at one point that Explorers was his favourite song from T2L. Glad that didn't stick around at least.

Didn't he also say at one point that Explorers was his favourite song from T2L. Glad that didn't stick around at least.

Oh, I dunno, I thought Madness was his favourite from that one? Maybe that's changed given the context of what's happened since then though (trying to be vague so it's not classed as 'speculation on personal lives' or anything).

Either way, Invincible pls.

Oh, I dunno, I thought Madness was his favourite from that one? Maybe that's changed given the context of what's happened since then though (trying to be vague so it's not classed as 'speculation on personal lives' or anything).

Madness was the one he was most proud of because of how it was done. Doesn't mean it was his favourite.

The board clamouring for Invincible :LOL:

In films, songs are re-pitched slightly higher than normal, and not lower. :)

Anyway, the live version of Revolt - although I think it's very neat - also puts me a little off, to be honest: I find the chorus absurdingly similar to All Those Things That I Have Done by The Killers. It almost sound as plagiarism to me. :LOL:

Oh wrong way :chuckle:

I'm a big Killers fan and I don't see similarities between All These Things and Revolt. Either that or I'm clearly not that big given I'm pretty sure I last heard that song when seeing them at Wembley in 2013. I do see Revolt as kinda like an album track on The Joshua Tree, yeah, but I'm not quite convinced by a Killers comparison. And I like Revolt... granted I like it now. When I first heard it I hated it.

To be fair, the lyrics to KOC don't seem to be an attack on anyone in particular and soubd like generic "we must fight for our lives" lyrics.

Uprising and Revolt are illustrated political attack songs.

It is vague, yeah, but wouldn't have thought a place with state censure would read "You and I must fight for our rights" in an unfavourable context.

Then again I'm also surprised Psycho, Resistance and Citizen Erased were allowed given that's also on a political bent. Though obviously Defector, Uprising and Revolt are substantially more direct than those numbers I suppose.

Yeah I remember shortly after I first joined here, it was the most hated song. Little did they know what was to come :eek:

I swear someone also said around then that people were booing TiRO on the Absolution arena tour, which sounds pretty weird.

I swear someone also said around then that people were booing TiRO on the Absolution arena tour, which sounds pretty weird.

It had a bad reaction on here from what I recall, though hardly feels out of place on Absolution. Supermassive got worse 'snap' reactions though, far worse than Starlight. Then again I know people who hated New Born and Plug in Baby for not fitting with Showbiz

It had a bad reaction on here from what I recall, though hardly feels out of place on Absolution. Supermassive got worse 'snap' reactions though, far worse than Starlight. Then again I know people who hated New Born and Plug in Baby for not fitting with Showbiz

I was about to write that but thought I made it up as implausible. :chuckle: If they're still fans, or at least were in 2012, what the fuck must have they made of Madness?

TIRO's an odd one there - its more bass-groove and dance feel must've felt really different to other Muse stuff when it first came out, but I guess stylistically its not really far removed from Hysteria or Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. Though that reaction makes it even more strange that on both this tour and the last one, some gigs only had TiRO as representation from Absolution (my gig on The 2nd Law arena tour being one of them). Supermassive really does look like a different beast altogether, or at least in 2006 it must really have felt like a totally different animal.

In term of whatever I was around for, I seem to think Uprising got a good reception at first, while Survival got a real extreme welcome (some loved it and some thought it was total shit), and Madness got a pretty poor reception.

It's mostly just me I think :chuckle: I don't really see many other people requesting it.

If they have to play a ballad-y guitar song though, I can't of many better. It certainly beats out stuff like Guiding Light, Aftermath, Unintended, Madness and Blackout for me.

To be fair, I don't think I've never been a massive fan of TIRO and it's always been worse live imo.

It's mostly just me I think :chuckle: I don't really see many other people requesting it.

If they have to play a ballad-y guitar song though, I can't of many better. It certainly beats out stuff like Guiding Light, Aftermath, Unintended, Madness and Blackout for me.

Invincible needs to come back. That solo :facemelt:

Stockholm Syndrome + riffs into Psycho would be a good way to end the main part of the set.

To be fair, I don't think I've never been a massive fan of TIRO and it's always been worse live imo.

Depends on how they play Blackout enit. Can't think of much that tops BH&R era Blackout

Depends on how they play Blackout enit. Can't think of much that tops BH&R era Blackout

Given the way this tour's gone so far, I can't Blackout ever getting back to that unfortunately :(

(I'd still take Invincible over BH&R-era Blackout though, only just)

Given the way this tour's gone so far, I can't Blackout ever getting back to that unfortunately :(

(I'd still take Invincible over BH&R-era Blackout though, only just)

To be honest I think I would probably take Invincible now as well even if it was decent Blackout, just because it's been so long

Blackout is, imo, their best slow song, and a highlight in every show during Absolution and BH&R Tours. But again, the lack of Matt's guitar during the T2L Tour versions was very, very sad.