TiRO will probably always be my favorite Muse song, and the one I'd be disappointed the most if they didn't play live.

And I've always loved Invincible; Gran Rex performance is probably one of my fav things.

Completely off topic: does anyone know what gig it was that Matt threw his guitar and put that hole in his amp?

Can't really tell one gig from the next, since he wears the same thing everytime now. :chuckle:

TiRO is fantastic and such a good song here in the States live, because it's one of those "Man, I've heard this song before!! What a great song!" for all the Madness fans and then they all start going crazy for it. It's fun live. That bass is fantastic live, too.

And I like Revolt... granted I like it now. When I first heard it I hated it.

I find Revolt becomes enjoyable when you stop taking it so seriously and just listen to it as a silly, over the top pop rock tune. Hell it's almost kind of a release after listening to 8 straight songs of intense subject matter.

Then again I'm also surprised Psycho, Resistance and Citizen Erased were allowed given that's also on a political bent. Though obviously Defector, Uprising and Revolt are substantially more direct than those numbers I suppose.

Which reminds me. Iron Maiden will be playing their first shows in China next year and I'm curious to see what will be allowed. I know for a fact that 2 Minutes to Midnight probably won't be allowed as it's the only overtly political song they're likely to play nowadays. I think all the songs from the new album are safe... except for Death or Glory but I'm probably over-estimating.

I swear someone also said around then that people were booing TiRO on the Absolution arena tour, which sounds pretty weird.

Blasphemy!!!!

TiRO is fantastic and such a good song here in the States live, because it's one of those "Man, I've heard this song before!! What a great song!" for all the Madness fans and then they all start going crazy for it. It's fun live. That bass is fantastic live, too.

TIRO always gets me movin' every time and it's just one of those songs where you can feel the energy of the crowd through your feet, even if you're up in the shitey seats. It really is quite an amazing feeling.

I didn't mind Madness last tour but they need to lose it this tour; it doesn't fit the rather quite dark tone of the show and if they wanted to play a T2L song they should have gone with Animals or Survival.

I was listening to some Black Holes and realized that Soldiers Poem could be a cool piano slot song that would fit reasonably well with the lyrical theme/vibe of the Drones tour. Although im not sure if it was the only option for the piano slot as they've been doing I'd pick it, but i'd enjoy it more than seeing USoE for the third show in a row lol:rolleyes:

You'll regret it if you don't, Jessica :erm:

I probably will, but considering we fired like a half dozen people in the last few days for calling in sick, I might regret that more. :chuckle:

I'm also stuck with tickets to PA and DC, unless I want to take a substantial loss, it seems, so even though the cost of airfare is kinda gross, I might consider doing those ones after all.

I do worry about going to the last gigs on a leg of the tour, though.

Does it feel like this US tour is mainly weekends and Wednesdays...? :erm: Bastards.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

why? Sydney's often last in Australia & is usually one of their better shows even if last time we were shafted a little setlist wise :rolleyes:

Australia though, they've usually had some time off before starting. I guess I just worry they get lazier as the tour goes on. :chuckle:

I also do worry with the time of year they're touring that part of the US, the rigs with the stage could get bogged down in the snow, leading to cancellations, and no hope of my going to a different gig if it is cancelled.

He said it was his favorite song he's ever written.

Best song he's ever written, and a lot of people assumed that was a nod to the circumstances around the writing of the song, and not really towards the quality of the song itself.

Also, it's been by far and away the most successful Muse song here (and at least at the time, a record setting alt rock song) so there's something to it being "the best" anyways.

GA tickets to the first tier of US Muse gigs on Stubhub for below or right on face value... :stunned:

Could call in sick for one day of work and see a gig for like $160...

GA tickets are going for $50 in Houston. Kinda pissed that I paid $75 pre sale. Although the lower bowl is still going for around $80 and is sold out on TM, seems like it's because the GA for these shows is gonna be pretty massive. Think about it, average GA extends halfway down the floor. At least that's how I can rationalize it. Because it doesn't make much sense, otherwise.