If they get the flying dildo and center stage obsession out in one tour, I guess that would be a positive.

I just have a hard time believing the US tour was booked and sorted out that far in advance and they waited until the last minute to announce the dates all half-assed?

I mean, I guess I hope something went wrong, because otherwise it makes it seem more likely there was some nefarious shit going on, like encouraging people to buy tickets to Detroit before announcing Chicago, etc.

And why shoot themselves in the foot by announcing so late?

BTW... according to some mexican fanclubs on Twitter/FB, they said that the Drones balloons are not the real ones they wanna use in the tour (they used that balloons because altitude)... The real drones will start touring on Texas's gig...

Source:

If they get the flying dildo and center stage obsession out in one tour, I guess that would be a positive.

I just have a hard time believing the US tour was booked and sorted out that far in advance and they waited until the last minute to announce the dates all half-assed?

I mean, I guess I hope something went wrong, because otherwise it makes it seem more likely there was some nefarious shit going on, like encouraging people to buy tickets to Detroit before announcing Chicago, etc.

And why shoot themselves in the foot by announcing so late?

Yeah that late announcement part may have not been the best thinking. I swear someone said the basketball scheduling being very late might have had something to do with it.

I'm a bit bored of talking about that side of things now tbf, given I think we've been talking about it since before the US tour was even announced. Not that I'm going to deny its a little weird the UK shows were announced first, despite them not being for 5 months.

I guess a part of me is now more interested now in seeing what the full production looks like, and if sets improve (although I'm prepared to wait and see for when the tour hits Europe for that bit).

BTW... according to some mexican fanclubs on Twitter/FB, they said that the Drones balloons are not the real ones they wanna use in the tour (they used that balloons because altitude)... The real drones will start touring on Texas's gig...

Source:

Huh. Guess we'll see what the full production is in Houston on Tuesday then, albeit to an inevitably smaller crowd.

Edited by forevermusic

That means if you live high you are free from goverment drones? The poor bastard from Reapers must live in a beach, then.

And what a shitty fascist regime that can't spare quality drones.

Free from helium balloons, anyways. Didn't someone say they were struggling with them, and they were drifting down into the crowd and stuff...?

And I'm completely not sick of complaining about the US announcements, as they managed to prevent me from going by announcing Chicago so late I'd already been committed to work. :phu: :'(

I imagine most of the shows will have the lower bowls filled, especially when they curtain off the upper bowls and move those people down below.

aka they're not very good

Don't take me wrong...I am thrilled to see the band in Dallas on Wed Dec 1st...but I too was shocked that the date was announced in October...not event 2 months before the show.

Looked at StubHub for Houston, show is tomorrow. Upper deck is most certainly gonna end up curtained off, tickets are going for $20 up there. But GA is back to $70, and from website it looks like lower bowl is nearly sold out. Not terrible, but not really much different from The Resistance tour. 2nd Law tour upper deck was about maybe 15% full. But here's what you have to consider...about a third of the stadium was blocked off for the stage in the past. We'll see what happens. Not sure the ticket sales will be much different from TR tour--at least in Houston. They are pretty big here too, we have a horrible radio station that has been playing Mercy every other song.

What we thinking for this Houston Show then? I take it the drones are going to be different, what about setlist-wise? Is an increase in length likely?

Unfortunately for me since the rarest songs I've seen are Ruled by Secrecy and Sunburn...I think it'll be super vanilla. Maybe Bliss or something but I would expect a generic set list, in that 17-18 song range.

But I don't care, the stage looks great, I like a lot of the songs this board doesn't, I love the energy of their shows and like super theatrical stage setups. I will have fun, so don't really care. If they break out a rarity or two and fix the setlist, cool! If not, I don't care.

Expecting a setlist so bland I'll probably forget to even check it.

I saw into the future so you don't even have to bother to remember:

1. Drones + Reapers
  2. Psycho
  3. Dead Inside
  4. Resistance
  5. The 2nd Law: Isolated System
  6. The Handler
  7. Supermassive Black Hole
  8. Prelude + Starlight
  9. Feeling Good
  10. Munich Jam + Madness
  11. Undisclosed Desires
  12. JFK + Revolt
  13. TIRO
  14. Uprising
  15. The Globalist + Drones
    ---
  16. Mercy
  17. Knights of Cydonia

90% sure that will be it.

1. Drones + Reapers
  2. Psycho
  3. Dead Inside
  4. Hysteria
  6. The Handler
  8. Prelude + Starlight
  9. Feeling Good
  10. Munich Jam + Madness
  11. Undisclosed Desires
  12. JFK + Revolt
  13. TIRO
  14. Uprising
    ---
  16. Mercy
  17. Knights of Cydonia

Yeah that sounds about right.

1. Drones + Reapers
  2. Psycho
  3. Dead Inside
  4. Resistance
  6. The Handler
  8. Prelude + Starlight
  9. Feeling Good
  10. Munich Jam + Madness
  11. Undisclosed Desires
  12. JFK + Revolt
  13. TIRO
  14. Uprising
    ---
  16. Mercy
  17. Knights of Cydonia

Ugh. Sad that you're right.

on the subject of stages - saw alt-J last night and it was the by far the best "stage show" I've ever seen (I've seen Muse 10+ times since 2006). Simple but visually stunning - essentially just LEDS, lights and a few mobile screens. Complimented each song perfectly with very little repetition. I don't think they need to strip back their stage but could do it with less gimics (actors and tacky drones) just an amazing light show set to the music would suffice.

on the subject of stages - saw alt-J last night and it was the by far the best "stage show" I've ever seen (I've seen Muse 10+ times since 2006). Simple but visually stunning - essentially just LEDS, lights and a few mobile screens. Complimented each song perfectly with very little repetition. I don't think they need to strip back their stage but could do it with less gimics (actors and tacky drones) just an amazing light show set to the music would suffice.

I went to the same Wembley Arena date with you and that was nice!