To be fair I would love to see Blackout live purely for the fuzz guitar solo, but tbh there's not really any song on Absolution that I would not want to see live.

I want to see it done properly. Got the Unsustainable Tour version, and was initially happy to be getting it at all, but looking back, Chris on a Stratocaster might work for Unintended, but it is not a sub for Matt's full-on fuzz riffing, like at Wembley 07.

That performance there is probably the best song on HAARP.

GA tickets to the first tier of US Muse gigs on Stubhub for below or right on face value... :stunned:

Could call in sick for one day of work and see a gig for like $160...

Not bad.

Shame here in the UK its all still ridiculous (lowest GA I could find for my booked London gig was £92, which is still just shy of £20 more than face value, and that's before the fact viagogo is charging an extra £13 in booking fees... granted that's what Ticketmaster took out of the price I paid for the London shows. Bastards.)

I find Revolt becomes enjoyable when you stop taking it so seriously and just listen to it as a silly, over the top pop rock tune. Hell it's almost kind of a release after listening to 8 straight songs of intense subject matter.

Blasphemy!!!!

Yeah Revolt is a lot more flippant fun than the pretty heavy stuff before it. The video also helps, perhaps because it is inherently ridiculous.

And no - I thought I made it up, but apparently that did happen. Although SMBH seemed to get the more extreme reaction.

I didn't know people still think these Hitler videos are funny:stunned:

Yeah they're so 2011.

Not bad.

Shame here in the UK its all still ridiculous (lowest GA I could find for my booked London gig was £92, which is still just shy of £20 more than face value, and that's before the fact viagogo is charging an extra £13 in booking fees... granted that's what Ticketmaster took out of the price I paid for the London shows. Bastards.)

My whole trip's ended up costing me about £500 so far, and that's before travel costs :$

Reeeeally hoping it'll be worth it (inb4 "hint: it won't lel"). I'm keeping myself sane with the thought of sets getting a bit longer when they come over to the UK and Europe.

I don't get how Muse aren't even playing in Atlanta or Nashville. They are screwing over a huge part of the US. I was planning on doing 3 gigs this time, but now the closest gig to me is 12 hours away so I'll be seeing none. They already have dates scheduled during any possible summer festivals down here. It sucks when you keep up with this stuff everyday for a whole album/tour cycle just to get shafted.

I don't get how Muse aren't even playing in Atlanta or Nashville. They are screwing over a huge part of the US. I was planning on doing 3 gigs this time, but now the closest gig to me is 12 hours away so I'll be seeing none. They already have dates scheduled during any possible summer festivals down here. It sucks when you keep up with this stuff everyday for a whole album/tour cycle just to get shafted.

Atlanta shows perpetually sell like absolute shit, could have something to do with that. Although so do Phoenix shows, and they're performing there.

I feel so depressed about this tour, myself.

Even though there's a gig 7 hours away from me (which blows in the winter anyways) the notice was too short. Literally ONE WEEK earlier, and I could have got off work. :'(

I don't think they made decisions based on what sells well for a lot of these gigs, because they picked some that were low last time.

I think they decided to do NY, LA, Canada, etc, and then just said "fuck it" and did dates that were on the drive between the "worthwhile" ones.

NY didn't even sell out. They're clearly punching above their weight.

And they better not use this as an excuse to skip the US entirely next time. Play smaller fucking venues...

I feel so depressed about this tour, myself.

Even though there's a gig 7 hours away from me (which blows in the winter anyways) the notice was too short. Literally ONE WEEK earlier, and I could have got off work. :'(

I don't think they made decisions based on what sells well for a lot of these gigs, because they picked some that were low last time.

I think they decided to do NY, LA, Canada, etc, and then just said "fuck it" and did dates that were on the drive between the "worthwhile" ones.

NY didn't even sell out. They're clearly punching above their weight.

And they better not use this as an excuse to skip the US entirely next time. Play smaller fucking venues...

Playing Barclay Center is not the same as playing The Garden which they would have sold out. Being out in Brooklyn, the Barclay center is much harder to get to. People from Westchester County (just north of Manhattan) can take a 35 mintue train and a subway shuttle to the Garden. People from Jersey, Long Island AND Philly can take a train about an hour and literally get off the train in the basement of MSG. Barclays Center is still a trip for those in the city and on Long Island. It is a trek for everyone else.

Everything about this tour - the setlists, the scheduling, the price gouging in some countries - has unfortunately made me lose a lot of respect for Muse. This is the first time I'm actually considering moving on from them soon and I never thought I'd say that. And honestly, their recent musical output doesn't justify keeping up with them too much if they're going to choose to neglect the entire southeast United States.

Everything about this tour - the setlists, the scheduling, the price gouging in some countries - has unfortunately made me lose a lot of respect for Muse. This is the first time I'm actually considering moving on from them soon and I never thought I'd say that. And honestly, their recent musical output doesn't justify keeping up with them too much if they're going to choose to neglect the entire southeast United States.

"Moving on" from a band just because you're salty about their touring cycle is petty.

"Moving on" from a band just because you're salty about their touring cycle is petty.

If not really liking a band's recent musical output and thinking that their live shows/tours are going progressively downhill (whilst the price is going up) isn't a reasonable reason to stop following a band then I don't know what is.

To be totally honest, those South American sets made me lose a fair amount of respect for them as well.

If not really liking a band's recent musical output and thinking that their live shows/tours are going progressively downhill (whilst the price is going up) isn't a reasonable reason to stop following a band then I don't know what is.

To be totally honest, those South American sets made me lose a fair amount of respect for them as well.

That's not what I'm criticizing, being salty about not the band not playing gigs in a certain area is petty. Losing respect is different from trying to simply stop caring about a band. He also regrettably acknowledged a decline in quality of recent musical output only because Muse is neglecting to tour an area of the US, saying that makes continuing to follow the band less sensible. Just comes off as whiney IMO

That's not what I'm criticizing, being salty about not the band not playing gigs in a certain area is petty. Losing respect is different from trying to simply stop caring about a band. He also regrettably acknowledged a decline in quality of recent musical output only because Muse is neglecting to tour an area of the US, saying that makes continuing to follow the band less sensible. Just comes off as whiney IMO

Am I not allowed to criticize the band? I have been legitimately angry with Muse for their lack of respect for the fans and disappointed in the majority of their music recently. You seriously argue with just about every single post I make on this forum for some odd reason. And tell me, how many gigs are you going to this year? Or have already been to. I'd love to see your reaction, being someone who gushes over everything they do, if suddenly you realized there would be no chance for you to see them for years.

Also, what do you mean I regrettably acknowledged a decline in their output only because of their tour dates? That's not what I said at all. I've felt that way about Drones since the first time I heard it. All I was saying was that I already am not liking their recent stuff much, so if they aren't even going to tour anywhere near me then there isn't much point in staying caught up, is there?

That's not what I'm criticizing, being salty about not the band not playing gigs in a certain area is petty.
Good thing that wasn't what he said then. "Everything about this tour - the setlists, the scheduling, the price gouging in some countries - has unfortunately made me lose a lot of respect for Muse"

lmfao

Good thing that wasn't what he said then. "Everything about this tour - the setlists, the scheduling, the price gouging in some countries - has unfortunately made me lose a lot of respect for Muse"

Once again, I clarified already that that's fine and dandy, but to criticize the bit that he mentioned afterwards about the "moving on" with regards to the fact that Muse haven't come around the southeast and after begrudgingly acknolwedging a decrease in music quality only due to the aforementioned is a valid criticism.

Once again, I clarified already that that's fine and dandy, but to criticize the bit that he mentioned afterwards about the "moving on" with regards to the fact that Muse haven't come around the southeast and after begrudgingly acknolwedging a decrease in music quality only due to the aforementioned is a valid criticism.

No you didn't. You said exactly what I quoted and then "He also". So obviously you had two points, and that was one of them.

Out of curiousity, where exactly did you clarify that?

Edited by Tjet