Starlight is guff live nowadays anyway, let alone with Matt not playing guitar for it. Revolt sounds nowhere near as good live as it does on the record but I'd still take it over post-2007 Starlight any day.

Starlight was still pretty good during The Resistance Tour imo.

I actually don't mind the transition itself, but the tease is pretty shite considering how much better Survival is than Starlight live. Plus, Prelude is a completely pointless addition to the sets anyway.

Nah, there's absolutely nothing that ties the two together sonically and it just sounds awkward. Would take Survival over Starlight any day of the week though.

Starlight was still pretty good during The Resistance Tour imo.

Nah, there's absolutely nothing that ties the two together sonically and it just sounds awkward. Would take Survival over Starlight any day of the week though.

It was decent but I'd still take Revolt over it. Starlight was only ever genuinely great in 2006 imo, it's been in steady decline ever since.

Well, they're in the same key (BbM), aren't they? I think the sudden bass of Starlight works in the same way as the sudden piano of Survival, it's just the rest of the song is so shite it makes the whole thing pointless unfortunately.

Edited by Jobby

Prelude into Starlight isn't as jarring as I thought it would be - same key and similar to the suddenness that the piano of Survival does, although yeah, Survival is a superior song. JFK into Revolt (a 1/2 step down version to boot) is very jarring.

I think Matt should play Starlight on the piano, as it would liven the song up a little and give it something different. Or at least it certainly can't be any shitter than Matt wandering around awkwardly gurning to the cameras and leaving Morgan to juggle everything. It was alright on The Resistance tour, but I think as far as the obvious singalongs go, Time is Running Out is better on record and more fun live.

Starlight was at it's best during TR tour no? Bass tone was beefy as hell compared to BH&R and the quiet middle section was great, was all just pretty fab

Quite like the look of Revolt live, looks pretty fun

Starlight was good during the TR Tour. It was after the last stadium tour when it was turned into... something bad.

Please Matt, use your guitar.

Starlight was at it's best during TR tour no? Bass tone was beefy as hell compared to BH&R and the quiet middle section was great, was all just pretty fab

Nah, not for me at least. Not by a long shot.

The bass improved but I'm not sure about everything else. The biggest shame is that the heavy sections lost their energy massively. I also preferred it when Matt would accompany the piano bits on guitar and sing the whole thing with a bit more power instead of softly crooning.

Stalight was at its prime in 2006. Those early performances with Matt playing the piano intro on guitar were amazing. Starlight's been shit ever since Matt's slowly been dropping guitar parts.

Tbh I thought it sounded shit with him playing the piano line on guitar alongside the piano itself.

1:19 in this disagrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkn_4dwLvPw

In fact, the three songs broadcast from that gig (KoC, Bliss, Starlight) all sound amazing.

If Starlight was still like that live, I'd take it every time.

Oh yes, when Starlight ROCKED. That's right, i'm saying Starlight WAS great. Also,this one is also very good. (at 5:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z0TyE7nGPo