last arena tour was just 2 songs less at most venues, stadiums were like that - as there is 1 album more now and no stadiums for this tour - it should be that length if there wasn`t the problems mentioned on my other posting :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was just being sarcastic. Of course they have to improve on the length of the gigs because they got materials and aging is not an excuse. They charge people ridiculously too.

Yeah I think it could well be. If they did decide to add in a few more songs (they should be playing at least 21 at this point in their career) then why should Mexico have to suffer such a short set? If it's down to a lack of rehearsals or Matt's fitness/voice issues they've had ample time to sort these kind of things out. Europe shouldn't get priority/better or longer sets over anyone else.

For the first time I'm considering selling some of my tickets. Never thought I'd say that :(

It wasn't the Mexicans. He's not Trump. I reckon the whole world tour would be in this length.

It's hardly worth them lugging the piano around on tour tbh if they're just going to play one piano song a night.

thats maybe the biggest shame - space dementia for example was one of the highlights of every gig ages ago or new born or butterflies or sunburn - just to mention a few. Everyone (also the "chart" fans) would love a 3-5 song piano session in the middle of the gig - but these times are over it seems :mad:

Edited by Kobe

If he's too weak to hold a guitar and play piano, he probably isn't in any condition to tour at all.

Matt has been known to have issues with his back. It's been mentioned by the guys at Manson's a few times recently that his guitars are now all weight relieved and he keeps requesting to make them lighter and lighter. In my opinion is why he uses the Matt black Manson's so often because they have no effects or MIDI pads and they weigh a great deal less than the other guitars in his rack.

Is it possible that if he is having back problems that this is affecting his voice? I don't know much about the mechanics of singing but I know that back problems often cause people to become more breathless during exercise as it can affect the diaphragm.

I'll need to check out some videos of The Globalist and Revolt later. Setlist is definitely rather underwhelming though. It reminds me a bit of Placebo's sets, where at every gig for the most part they play like 8 new songs, then play the one or two biggest songs from every other album.

Amen to these. even 2009 sets start to look brilliant compared to the recent ones, at least you'd get SS at every gig and the occasional MK ultra, even UD made sense because they were promoting that particular album.

I'm curious what's the excuse for bringing UD back this tour, there was no barrier walk or anything last night was there?

The barrier walk was in last part of Dead Inside.

"On T2L we had a hard time working out how to play songs live since we had spent more time in front of a computer than actually playing our instruments. This time we wanted a live feeling, with just three guys and their instruments"

*Uses more playback than ever*

I think this is referring to the album making process, not live shows.

Videos show that matt did play the solo of Dead Inside (with a reeeeealllyyyyy weird set up of the guitar), and take the guitar on the solo of Uprising until the end.

For Dead Inside the guitar is fitted to a stand, you can tell at the end of solo because he just walks away from it

Unless Matt's got some more serious, undisclosed health issues, I don't think the guitar thing is medically related. He's not THAT old, and honestly unless there's reasons we don't know, this is his job, and imo people paying to see them deserve more than they're getting. It feels like they're not trying all that hard, sometimes.

The gig might have been a little longer than we've been seeing, but the song count wasn't even much more than the festival tour, with SO MUCH wasting time and playback.

I never really understand why people are so keen on rotations, tbh, and maybe I'm in the minority, but usually I only manage to see one gig if I'm lucky.

I would be even more disappointed to get the pop/staples setlist if I knew there was a rotation out there that featured rarer songs.

I don't care if they play the same damn set every gig of the tour if they find a balance between what they seem to feel they "have" to play, and some deeper album cuts. I've seen a lot of bands achieve this very well.

It would start by cutting out all the bullshit and if Matt really needs several lengthy breaks in the middle of the set, then it's going to need to be a longer gig to compensate...

Anyways, has anyone heard what the GA visibility was like from not the first few people towards the front? Because that stage is fucking low.

Going to a show knowing exactly which songs are you gonna get takes away some fun i guarantee you that, so rotation is needed when you got 7 albums.

Biggest concern i see is that they think they have more casual fans going to their concerts wanting to hear Uprising/Madness/SMBH (which is true) than hardcore fans so there is no point playing SS,Micro Cuts,Fury etc... Could they play a longer setlist (not asking for 30 just 20-22) and please them all? Yes.

I feel bad for the mexican fans, hopefully this shows and the first ones in the US are just a test for the real thing.

Let's give them the chance since these is the first gig , we all know that the Europe tour will get better sets , since they think that the rest of the world don't know anything before BHaR

Well, Matt's said the sets won't change much yet so I can't see anything major happening that would redeem this stuff.

When you look at it, the balance of that set is ludicrously poor. Literally nothing for older/hardcore fans. Apart from...Apocalypse Please, maybe?

Unless Matt's got some more serious, undisclosed health issues, I don't think the guitar thing is medically related. He's not THAT old, and honestly unless there's reasons we don't know, this is his job, and imo people paying to see them deserve more than they're getting. It feels like they're not trying all that hard, sometimes.

The gig might have been a little longer than we've been seeing, but the song count wasn't even much more than the festival tour, with SO MUCH wasting time and playback.

I never really understand why people are so keen on rotations, tbh, and maybe I'm in the minority, but usually I only manage to see one gig if I'm lucky.

I would be even more disappointed to get the pop/staples setlist if I knew there was a rotation out there that featured rarer songs.

I don't care if they play the same damn set every gig of the tour if they find a balance between what they seem to feel they "have" to play, and some deeper album cuts. I've seen a lot of bands achieve this very well.

It would start by cutting out all the bullshit and if Matt really needs several lengthy breaks in the middle of the set, then it's going to need to be a longer gig to compensate...

Anyways, has anyone heard what the GA visibility was like from not the first few people towards the front? Because that stage is fucking low.

I would personally want rotations because I think that setlist is awful. I usually only go to two gigs per tour (a small one near the start and a large one at the end) so by that time they usually change up a bit between the two.

Going to a show knowing exactly which songs are you gonna get takes away some fun i guarantee you that, so rotation is needed when you got 7 albums.

Biggest concern i see is that they think they have more casual fans going to their concerts wanting to hear Uprising/Madness/SMBH (which is true) than hardcore fans so there is no point playing SS,Micro Cuts,Fury etc... Could they play a longer setlist (not asking for 30 just 20-22) and please them all? Yes.

I feel bad for the mexican fans, hopefully this shows and the first ones in the US are just a test for the real thing.

The easy answer is to just not look at the setlists before going. But I guess not playing the same old songs on every tour would also be nice. Whoever mentioned Placebo...well they do rotate some of the older songs (even if Every You, Every Me will never be dropped ever). Also their songs don't vary wildly in musical style so it's not like comparing UD with Stockholm Syndrome

I've only seen Muse once at their stadium gig in the Netherlands.

If they would play the same set as yesterday in march (three years after the stadium set) then the only 'new' old songs I would get would be Hysteria and Apocalypse Please.

Too bad that I'm guessing those songs are the ones that will get rotated and songs like Undisclosed Desires/Time Is Running Out/Starlight and possibly even Isolated System will be staple...

However, I'm very keen on the new album and look very much forward to seeing Reapers/Psycho/Globalist and still hoping they will do Deflector.