Can't be compared with the TR tour Uprising.

TR Tour -> Doubleneck guitar

T2L Tour -> Normal Guitar

Drones Tour -> No guitar

Next Tour -> Morgan on lead vocals and guitar

It was at it's best on the T2L Tour imo. It was a bit 'flat' at times on the TR Tour, like it was still finding it's feet.

I'm still not sold on this stage. I really cannot get over not seeing the band from the front the whole time.

I don't see this great "visual experience" that was touted as the reason the band needed to be in the center, and the flying stuff Matt gave as a reason for the center stage were balloons with a little fan on them.

I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand. In the same way I get the setlist was lousy for a band that's been around as long as they have, but I'd still honestly be fine with it if it was an endstage and I got to see the new Drones songs.

I'd probably complain about how short it is, justifiably, but defend their clinging to the "big hits" because the crowds do tend to be pretty casual.

Same, all the way through that Uprising video I couldn't help but notice all the times I'd be looking at the band's backs, if I could see them at all :( That, coupled with the 'no guitar' bollocks, a short set and the song choices...I'm just not seeing any incentive.

I can fully understand playing the big hits and whatnot, I just think they should throw the older fans a bone. Like I said earlier, there's literally nothing in that set for the more hardcore fans (apart from maybe Apocalypse Please), it's 100% catered to the casual fans and that's simply not a fair balance imo. I'm not expecting MM, Showbiz, Futurism and Fury at every gig but is one or two songs that hard? It's not like they'd even have to drop anything, just play a couple more songs.

Edited by Jobby

I liked the wall of bass when it begun the show in 2009. Not been so convinced by it since, although it was surprisingly good at the O2 gig in 2012.

Matt literally has talked about it in the past though.

Is Matt's lisp included in your rule? Is his vocal technique? I mean if you're gonna go anal, I'm sure you wouldn't settle with just the tip.

Has he?

Now you're dead inside

Aaaaa ya beat me too it. :chuckle:

Given the number of dates some cities are having, maybe the 2nd night syndrome will become into the 4th-5th night syndrome.

While I'm hoping for Map tonight, I guess we'll get Feeling Good, Resistance and 3 good repeats of Drones.

MUSE: I WANT TO BELIEVE

Guys please read the rules, speculating on Matt's health breaks two rules (and is frankly pretty silly):

7. Keep your nose out of band members private lives

8. Do not knowingly post false information about the band

Setlist is better than I was expecting, not sure what the fuss is about.

The lack of guitar doesn't bother me anymore. Nobody listens to Starlight or Uprising for the phenomenal chord strumming, so if it gives us a better vocal performance then who cares?

Really need a better video of Globalist, it sounded fucking immense. The stage also looked incredible though I'm slightly annoyed with myself for spoiling it.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Let 's be positive! Great! Totally agreed

Someone postulated that Matt's back is bad, thus the dropped guitar, because Manson has said Matt has been asking for lighter guitars that are easier for him to use for a while now.

It was shot down because Matt also jumps around a lot.

Someone got anal about it, for some reason.

I'm okay with enforcing the rules to that crazy extent, as long as everyone who replaces their r's with w's gets banned.

And Matt spends the best part of the best song on the album being visible by a handful of fans who slept outside for two days.

While I'm hoping for Map tonight, I guess we'll get Feeling Good, Resistance and 3 good repeats of Drones.

Highly doubt Map'll happen tonight. Matt seemed to allude at the rehearsal that it's not in their plans for the Mexico/NA gigs by saying that they'll bring it back when they come to Europe.

Like I said before, I'm expecting the same set. If not then maybe Feeling Good for Apocalypse Please (now that would be a shitshow), Resistance in for something and Defector in for something else.

Edited by Jobby

Someone postulated that Matt's back is bad, thus the dropped guitar, because Manson has said Matt has been asking for lighter guitars that are easier for him to use for a while now.

I'm okay with enforcing the rules to that crazy extent, as long as everyone who replaces their r's with w's gets banned.

And Matt spends the best part of the best song on the album being visible by a handful of fans who slept outside for two days.

Basically it's busy as usual :LOL:

Yeah I have since found out Dead Inside was taking over the barrier handshake slot. Seeing as I thought that's why UD was back, there is something that seems pretty fucking dumb about both song's roles.

Meanwhile, I knew Manson's said Matt wants lighter guitars - that's been known since the new numbers in summer 2012 were under specified weight control. I was just curious if it was baseless speculation or Matt had actually said it, but I get the sense I'm probably asking in the wrong place. But yeah, business as usual.

I'm 1.70m and I stood in the middle.

I'll attach some photos so you can get a clear picture of how it was. I did record Revolt by accident thinking it was going to be Defector (oh, the disappointment), but I also recorded The Globalist. I'm trying to downsize them and I think I'll upload them later after treating myself to a delicious CERVEZA!!

Can't wait to see Revolt, it's impossible to find on youtube :(

I'm not sure I'd put standing in line all day in sub-freezing temperatures in the easy category.

Regardless, I have tears in my internal organs, which does make it physically impossible for me nowdays.

It also means I likely wouldn't be able to maintain my closer spot once inside, as well.

While I'm a little tall for a girl, most guys are significantly taller than I am, and I often have difficulty seeing when bands have a NORMAL height stage, in GA and have to move around a ton. The taller Muse stages were a bit of a godsend for me, even if I did have to look up a bit.

Even if it wasn't freezing outside in Jan/Feb (which it severely is) queuing and barrier are completely not a possibility for me, and the low stage has scared me more than ever that if I'm halfway back, I'm not even going to be staring at the back of the band's heads half the night, but the back of some guy in the crowd for the entire thing.

How many more reasons do you need before you realise seated tickets are most appropriate for you? :p

Apocalypse Please is one that I've never manage to see over the years so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing it. Though I bet I'll get the USoE rotation.

The rest of that set is just naff, I'm more bothered about the amount of pre-recorded songs used and set length than Matt's lack of guitar playing, absolutely shocking for a band who's been going as long as they have.

Apocalypse Please is one that I've never manage to see over the years so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing it. Though I bet I'll get the USoE rotation.

The rest of that set is just naff, I'm more bothered about the amount of pre-recorded songs used and set length than Matt's lack of guitar playing, absolutely shocking for a band who's been going as long as they have.

Yeah I remember a big shitstorm on here when they did 16 at a gig in France on The Resistance tour (Amneville, I think?), and then the same when it happened in Liverpool the following week. Its even less excusable now they have 2 extra albums.

For the record I like Isolated System, but it doesn't work as a de-facto 4th song.

How many more reasons do you need before you realise seated tickets are most appropriate for you? :p

I haven't done big band gigs much in the last decade, I tend to forget how shit they can be, but mostly I go to venues without seats.

Muse last time in Minnesota was pretty great, and I got really close because not that many people were even pushing for the front.

Got a bit cocky, and Denver was a surprise for me. I did, however, win the war, and ended up with another great view. Just more hassle than I'd like.

I really only had a few hours to think about this upcoming Muse tour, and grabbed GA without thinking about it much. If the stage was higher, I doubt GA would have been much of a problem, and I'd have just stayed more into the middle.

How I also ended up with a pair of tickets for a second gig was a series of events and fuckups I'm still not sure I comprehend. :chuckle:

Seats seem better for this tour anyways, and I've seen a lot of people looking to trade GA for seats.

Yeah I remember a big shitstorm on here when they did 16 at a gig in France on The Resistance tour (Amneville, I think?), and then the same when it happened in Liverpool the following week. Its even less excusable now they have 2 extra albums.

For the record I like Isolated System, but it doesn't work as a de-facto 4th song.

I remember that yeah, I was at the Liverpool gig too. 16 songs was bad back then, but at least at those gig we got New Born, piano Cave and Stockholm Syndrome...seriously where the hell is SS? Isolated System has to be in there for some sort of vocal break for Matt. Perhaps they'll rotate that with Unsustainable? Again, another waste of a set-list spot imo.

I'm going to see Chrvches tomorrow night, they're touring their second album and will play 16/17 songs. Says it all really. It would take so little effort from the band to turn these gigs around, but they seem incapable of doing even that.

Just saw a tiny clip of Revolt. Normally I can't tell when something's lowered all that much (still can hardly tell in Starlight,) but this one was pretty obvious. :chuckle:

How did it sound?

Didn't care for the IG clip, but it was 15 seconds long...

I thought it took a bit of energy out of the song but it didn't ruin it imo.

Don't understand why Revolt's been lowered instantly but Dead Inside still remains in it's original key despite Matt struggling with it since...ever. (For the record, I understand Revolt would probably be pretty tricky in it's original key, I mean that I don't understand why they haven't done the same for DI)