Regarding Matt not playing the guitar, the fact that he picks it up just for the 'flashy' parts (i.e. solos) and seemingly delegates only the 'boring' parts to Morgan makes me feel like it's more of an ego/laziness thing than it is a health issue. He did pretty much the same thing for Guiding Light in 2013, didn't he? And then he still had the guitar on his back.

Plus, like Tjet said, he still jumps around and throws himself about so it can't be that crippling.

JFK into Revolt?

Prelude into Starlight?

Muse are trolling us haha. Love it.

Yeah, I love it when they troll people who've paid a lot of money to go see them.

haha, those quirky guys ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay, we have to give them chances. Again. Let's see what's the deal tonight.

I'm expecting exactly the same tbh. Maybe Defector in for something.

I'm really surprise you're still on about this visibility thing when so many of the pictures floating about show that the center stage is as low as or lower than eye level

Which means that it's more than possible that it'd be hard for shorter or average height people to see if they were a little further back from the barrier. It's understandable to wanna hear if it was a problem for people or not.

I won't imagine there'll be many changes. For instance, I agree Isolated System is appearing far too early (if it has to appear at all), but there's a big Isolated/Handler visual, so that's clearly staying.

Maybe Feeling Good instead of AP just to give it the golden shit award. And yes I am optimistic. :p

Remember the TR Tour? Starting off with Cave on piano and replacing it with Feeling Good, then just dropping Map for a few gigs. Started bad, got worse, picked up when MK started getting played. Last gig of the Tour in Europe (Turin) actually had a decent setlist...but I think NA got shafted

Remember the TR Tour? Starting off with Cave on piano and replacing it with Feeling Good, then just dropping Map for a few gigs. Started bad, got worse, picked up when MK started getting played. Last gig of the Tour in Europe (Turin) actually had a decent setlist...but I think NA got shafted

And Zepp gig did become a turning point for some deeper cuts being played like HM, Fury, etc. But, hey, it's MUSE!!!

I'm really surprise you're still on about this visibility thing when so many of the pictures floating about show that the center stage is as low as or lower than eye level

Which means that it's more than possible that it'd be hard for shorter or average height people to see if they were a little further back from the barrier. It's understandable to wanna hear if it was a problem for people or not.

I really don't understand why this has been a tough concept for people to get...

While I'm a little tall for a girl, most guys are significantly taller than I am, and I often have difficulty seeing when bands have a NORMAL height stage, in GA and have to move around a ton. The taller Muse stages were a bit of a godsend for me, even if I did have to look up a bit.

Even if it wasn't freezing outside in Jan/Feb (which it severely is) queuing and barrier are completely not a possibility for me, and the low stage has scared me more than ever that if I'm halfway back, I'm not even going to be staring at the back of the band's heads half the night, but the back of some guy in the crowd for the entire thing.

It would be a hell of a lot of money for me to fly out somewhere and see nothing.

So I guess we can't discuss when a band member breaks something and cancels gigs either?

The rule is not to speculate on private details that the band haven't shared, and health issues are about the worst kind of speculation you can make as they tend to be spread around as misinformation.

And no one is posting false info. We're speculating. Get out of your own arse.

There's no need to be upset...

I really don't understand why this has been a tough concept for people to get...

While I'm a little tall for a girl, most guys are significantly taller than I am, and I often have difficulty seeing when bands have a NORMAL height stage, in GA and have to move around a ton. The taller Muse stages were a bit of a godsend for me, even if I did have to look up a bit.

Even if it wasn't freezing outside in Jan/Feb (which it severely is) queuing and barrier are completely not a possibility for me, and the low stage has scared me more than ever that if I'm halfway back, I'm not even going to be staring at the back of the band's heads half the night, but the back of some guy in the crowd for the entire thing.

It would be a hell of a lot of money for me to fly out somewhere and see nothing.

It's relatively easy to just wait in line for a closer GA spot and if not, I never see women get denied closer passage to the barrier if they don't shove people to move up/aren't drunk + belligerent. I'm not the tallest guy ever myself, but I combat this by waiting in line early because I never have any luck trying to move forward.

It's relatively easy to just wait in line for a closer GA spot and if not, I never see women get denied closer passage to the barrier if they don't shove people to move up/aren't drunk + belligerent

I'm not sure I'd put standing in line all day in sub-freezing temperatures in the easy category.

Regardless, I have tears in my internal organs, which does make it physically impossible for me nowdays.

It also means I likely wouldn't be able to maintain my closer spot once inside, as well.

I've never experienced this letting of women up closer thing. Maybe I'm old and just not that attractive.

In fact, I was about six people back at Muse Denver last time, had to run to the bathroom after the opening act, and even though my boyfriend stayed in our spots, an older woman and the father of a couple of teens physically blocked me from getting back to him, got in my face and said "you move your meat, you lose your seat."

I arrived at the queue around 5:00-5:30 PM, the doors opened at 6:30 PM. I was like 15-18 feet away from the stage and even though the stage is definitely lower than how it was in T2L I could still see the band, even Morgan was visible at some times. I do think that the experience is better from further away.

Speaking of waiting in line, some people showed up at 5am before last night's gig and there were already 180 people queuing. Then people started queuing before tonight's gig before doors even opened for last night's.

And that's just a level of crazy I wouldn't even go in for if I was in perfect health, and it was a perfect temperature. :noey:

I arrived at the queue around 5:00-5:30 PM, the doors opened at 6:30 PM. I was like 15-18 feet away from the stage and even though the stage is definitely lower than how it was in T2L I could still see the band, even Morgan was visible at some times. I do think that the experience is better from further away.

How tall are you? ;) And where did you stand?

And that's just a level of crazy I wouldn't even go in for if I was in perfect health, and it was a perfect temperature. :noey:

Yeah I'm not really that hyped for a gig. I'll wait for an hour or two, but anything more than 2 hours seems a bit OTT for me. Although of course, other lifestyle choices are available. :p

I still remember seeing Green Day at Wembley in 2010 and when passing the front of my GA line to join the back, I saw duvets, pillows, sleeping bags and foil blankets at the very front. I thought that was pretty nuts, not least given its an open-air stadium and it had rained both the night before and while I was on the train down to London. Although ofc since, I've been to plenty of open-air stadium shows and seen these to be fairly commonplace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDBZeyHcIY

New low for Uprising then. I thought it'd taken a step down since the T2L Tour anyway but it's straight-up shit now imo.

Unless sets improve a fair amount when they come over to Europe, I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my little London trip :erm: This kind of performance just isn't what I'm interested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDBZeyHcIY

New low for Uprising then. I thought it'd taken a step down since the T2L Tour anyway but it's straight-up shit now imo.

Unless sets improve a fair amount when they come over to Europe, I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my little London trip :erm: This kind of performance just isn't what I'm interested in.

Keep the trip, go see a different band in Brixton/Camden

I'm still not sold on this stage. I really cannot get over not seeing the band from the front the whole time.

I don't see this great "visual experience" that was touted as the reason the band needed to be in the center, and the flying stuff Matt gave as a reason for the center stage were balloons with a little fan on them.

I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand. In the same way I get the setlist was lousy for a band that's been around as long as they have, but I'd still honestly be fine with it if it was an endstage and I got to see the new Drones songs.

I'd probably complain about how short it is, justifiably, but defend their clinging to the "big hits" because the crowds do tend to be pretty casual.

Matt not playing guitar still rubs me the wrong way, though.

I used to sit in line all day for gigs, but never once in the winter (in an area with an actual winter.)

I've also been hospitalized for dehydration and kidney failure over a decade ago, which I don't really recommend.

I have more of a problem with Dead Inside without guitar. Its pretty shit he does it during Uprising, but least he's actually doing it during the bridge and outro (I had assumed Morgan did the whole thing when I first heard this). As far as I could tell, DI is now like UD on the last tour, where he's high-fiving the barrier peeps. Which seems to be that UD is just there to give Dom walkies.

The rule is not to speculate on private details that the band haven't shared, and health issues are about the worst kind of speculation you can make as they tend to be spread around as misinformation.
Matt literally has talked about it in the past though.

Is Matt's lisp included in your rule? Is his vocal technique? I mean if you're gonna go anal, I'm sure you wouldn't settle with just the tip.

How tall are you? ;) And where did you stand?

I'm 1.70m and I stood in the middle.

I'll attach some photos so you can get a clear picture of how it was. I did record Revolt by accident thinking it was going to be Defector (oh, the disappointment), but I also recorded The Globalist. I'm trying to downsize them and I think I'll upload them later after treating myself to a delicious CERVEZA!!

Edited by aikiclo