I guess I have to say I'm a bit surprised Matt made an entire album that's difficult for him to sing, tbh.

The Revolt clip sounded a little dull, but it was super short and hard to tell.

I know it sounds amazing on the recording, but it doesn't seem enjoyable for him live.

Isn't he doing the entire ending of DI in falsetto now? I guess that makes sense with him mugging for the crowd during the difficult ending. :'(

I remember that yeah, I was at the Liverpool gig too. 16 songs was bad back then, but at least at those gig we got New Born, piano Cave and Stockholm Syndrome...seriously where the hell is SS? Isolated System has to be in there for some sort of vocal break for Matt. Perhaps they'll rotate that with Unsustainable? Again, another waste of a set-list spot imo.

I'm going to see Chrvches tomorrow night, they're touring their second album and will play 16/17 songs. Says it all really. It would take so little effort from the band to turn these gigs around, but they seem incapable of doing even that.

Iirc the reason the Liverpool gig got shafted was because the band had to finish early and hurry to get all their shit on the ferry to get to Dublin.

Sorry folks, I cant figure how to insert video... so just a link to part of globalist.

Screens are insane, as well as matts singing... but what about people? Whats going on here? The best part of the song, and they are just standig like in a theater? Bleh.

EDIT:and mercy:

... :-D nice sing along :-D Edited by matewr

I don't quite get the point of uploading those videos to YT when you can't hear the band over the singing...

Agreed although I don't really blame them cos its hard not to get carried away in the moment. But generally yeah if you are filming a performance and are just going to shout and holler over the sound of the band then I don't know. At least we get to see what it looks like visually but on a couple of clips I couldn't hear the band at all. Only those nearest the camera. Plus with a quieter (for some of it) song like the globalist I reckon that's one for everyone to be quiet and listen to it and not scream randomly throughout. Although I appreciate the excitement.

At least he plays the Uprising riff so it's not a 100% catastrophe.

If anything, that actually makes it worse for me. It gives off a "k morgan stay in your hole and do these bits cuz i cba and I'll do the solos/cool bits, cool? cool". It's pretty cringe, like something a vain 14-year-old would do in his first band.

At least he plays the Uprising riff so it's not a 100% catastrophe.

I was under the assumption Morgan was doing the whole thing like the pisspoor Starlight in 2013. Probably will be the case by the end of the tour though.

Tbh I thought Uprising was the worst song at Brighton and both band and audience were bored by it. No chance of it being dropped though.