I've learned to accept The Globalist on the album, but don't think I'll ever get used to how unfinished the heavy part feels like. Needed at least 2 more minutes with singing (and actual lyrics)

I just moments ago found it easier to accept its short length if I just treated it as (although it really isn't the same 'song') a shoehorned adaptation of Helsinki Jam in the same length just put into the song for sake of beefing it up. Naturally I'd like more, but oh well

This all just sounds awful.

Those 'drones' are lolariously shit :LOL:.

I'll give it until the New Year to see how things shake down, but if it's still cack - one standing ticket for the last London show up for grabs.

You could easily see Aftermath come in for Revolt and Feeling Good for Apocalypse Please too. I guess Resistance will come in for something too (probably Madness or UD, but also Hysteria)

You could easily see Aftermath come in for Revolt and Feeling Good for Apocalypse Please too. I guess Resistance will come in for something too (probably Madness or UD, but also Hysteria)

So much of it just makes NO sense though.

Drones twice, Isolated System after like four songs, bringing back Prelude as an intro to Starlight, JFK into Revolt, no guitar in Dead Inside or Uprising (wtf!?!), a set with Madness, Dead Inside AND Undisclosed Desires, the same old tired riffs (Back In Black, etc), STILL closing with MWAH and Knights.

Ergh, fuck this. They've managed to make the sets from the last few months even worse. And with those possible (read: likely) rotations, we really could see some of the worst Muse sets of all time in the coming months.

Drones twice, Isolated System after like four songs, bringing back Prelude as an intro to Starlight, JFK into Revolt, no guitar in Dead Inside or Uprising (wtf!?!), a set with Madness, Dead Inside AND Undisclosed Desires, the same old tired riffs (Back In Black, etc), STILL closing with MWAH and Knights.

Ergh, fuck this. They've managed to make the sets from the last few months even worse. And with those possible (read: likely) rotations, we really could see some of the worst Muse sets of all time in the coming months.

The set that I got at Werchter this summer was pretty fucking amazing, though.

I thought the early sets in the 2009 European Tour would take some beating but Pop-Muse is back?!?

The rest of the set seems like: "Hmmm Interlude works well as a good build up for Hysteria, lets do a random dip to pair other tracks together'.

Setlist.fm lists 21 songs but in reality it's 17 discounting an instrumental jam and tracks that are less than 1 minute. Or was Isolated System actually performed by the band?

The set that I got at Werchter this summer was pretty fucking amazing, though.

Hence why this makes no sense whatsoever. At the Belfast gig they played Fury, Uno, Hyper Music, Agitated, Animals. These songs seem to be the ones they actually enjoy playing and clearly think their fans want to see them. So when it comes to actually touring and playing to large rooms of people they decide to play 6 tracks on playback, including the same one twice and do a by-the-numbers pop gig, which is fine if you are expecting a pop band.

I

Hence why this makes no sense whatsoever. At the Belfast gig they played Fury, Uno, Hyper Music, Agitated, Animals. These songs seem to be the ones they actually enjoy playing and clearly think their fans want to see them. So when it comes to actually touring and playing to large rooms of people they decide to play 6 tracks on playback, including the same one twice and do a by-the-numbers pop gig, which is fine if you are expecting a pop band.

That's what is so depressing right now, you are right about that. The whole album and the sound, approach is rockier, so why make the tour so poppy?!

I thought the early sets in the 2009 European Tour would take some beating but Pop-Muse is back?!?

Setlist.fm lists 21 songs but in reality it's 17 discounting an instrumental jam and tracks that are less than 1 minute. Or was Isolated System actually performed by the band?

Amen to these. even 2009 sets start to look brilliant compared to the recent ones, at least you'd get SS at every gig and the occasional MK ultra, even UD made sense because they were promoting that particular album.

I'm curious what's the excuse for bringing UD back this tour, there was no barrier walk or anything last night was there?

"On T2L we had a hard time working out how to play songs live since we had spent more time in front of a computer than actually playing our instruments. This time we wanted a live feeling, with just three guys and their instruments"

*Uses more playback than ever*

You compare their sets from March through to June to last night and it's like it's a different band up there. So disappointing, plus 17 songs is absolutely piss poor. Matt still doesn't sound great either :(

Going by setlist.fm's 'Average Setlist' function for the Psycho Tour (Belfast through to KROQ Weenie Roast) gives the following:

Psycho

Dead Inside

Interlude

Hysteria

Bliss

Supermassive Black Hole

Stockholm Syndrome

Plug In Baby

Agitated

Hyper Music

Uprising

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Animals

Knights of Cydonia

Could easily rejig it a bit and add new Drones songs to get:

Psycho

Map of the Problematique

The Handler

Dead Inside

Interlude + Hysteria

Bliss

Supermassive Black Hole

Stockholm Syndrome

Apocalypse Please

[showbiz Piano Song]

Resistance

Mercy

Plug In Baby

Hyper Music

Agitated

Uprising

Starlight

Revolt

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Animals

The Globalist

[JFK]

Defector

Knights of Cydonia

Could easily rejig it a bit and add new Drones songs to get:

Psycho

Map of the Problematique

The Handler

Dead Inside

Interlude + Hysteria

Bliss

Supermassive Black Hole

Stockholm Syndrome

Apocalypse Please

[showbiz Piano Song]

Resistance

Mercy

Plug In Baby

Hyper Music

Agitated

Uprising

Starlight

Revolt

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Animals

The Globalist

[JFK]

Defector

Knights of Cydonia

Too much for Muse.

Too heavy and too un-mainstream for "fans"

Have you guys thought that the whole set is as is it due to Matts weakness (voice and fitness).

- Mainly pop songs that are easy to sing.

- He doesn`t play guitar on nearly half of the songs.

- Breaks after 3 or 4 songs all the time.

- Rarely any piano songs left.

It`s really worse than I expected and it`s still a best of thing and no concept concert (as they told us earlier) at all. But maybe that will change in the states or with the Europe gigs - I really hope for 3 more full songs in Europe with (at least) 1 showbiz track and ce added to the current (shitty) setlist.

If it all stays like that I`m really thinking about selling my ticket as I dislike half of the songs - and there really would be much better alternatives for all of them.

Have you guys thought that the whole set is as is it due to Matts weakness (voice and fitness).

- Mainly pop songs that are easy to sing.

- He doesn`t play guitar on nearly half of the songs.

- Breaks after 3 or 4 songs all the time.

- Rarely any piano songs left.

It`s really worse than I expected and it`s still a best of thing and no concept concert (as they told us earlier) at all. But maybe that will change in the states or with the Europe gigs - I really hope for 3 more full songs in Europe with (at least) 1 showbiz track and ce added to the current (shitty) setlist.

If it all stays like that I`m really thinking about selling my ticket as I dislike half of the songs - and there really would be much better alternatives for all of them.

If he's too weak to hold a guitar and play piano, he probably isn't in any condition to tour at all.

Too much for Muse.

last arena tour was just 2 songs less at most venues, stadiums were like that - as there is 1 album more now and no stadiums for this tour - it should be that length if there wasn`t the problems mentioned on my other posting :rolleyes:

Yeah I think it could well be. If they did decide to add in a few more songs (they should be playing at least 21 at this point in their career) then why should Mexico have to suffer such a short set? If it's down to a lack of rehearsals or Matt's fitness/voice issues they've had ample time to sort these kind of things out. Europe shouldn't get priority/better or longer sets over anyone else.

For the first time I'm considering selling some of my tickets. Never thought I'd say that :(

If he's too weak to hold a guitar and play piano, he probably isn't in any condition to tour at all.

it seems that he really has to concentrate on singing more than before, otherwise he wouldn`t drop the guitar on the songs mentioned earlier. It´s really a shame for ticket prices like we have now but maybe it`s really his age that makes all that necessary, I don`t know....:$

On the other hand there are bands that are much older than muse (McCartney, U2, Stones to mention a few of them) that do 25+ song gigs. I would prefer a 25 full song gig without Matt at the guitar to what happened yesterday in Mexico.