Man if this is anything to go by, Space Dementia would sound so damn good today:

Probs more likely to sound like the Reading one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91pnw2XTs6E

with Matt's 'hero voice' :LOL: honestly sounds pretty great even with Matt's newer more refined way of singing on it though anyway, would be amazing if it one day popped up again.

Probs more likely to sound like the Reading one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91pnw2XTs6E

with Matt's 'hero voice' :LOL: honestly sounds pretty great even with Matt's newer more refined way of singing on it though anyway, would be amazing if it one day popped up again.

Yeah true, I forgot about that one. Not as good imo, although the outro sounds massive. I wish they'd drop MWAH and just play the SD outro following KoC again.

I'm not really aware of other performances of the song (perhaps the OoS tour) but I love the Reading 2006 Forced In. Super cool that they played it there. Probably never to be heard from again

It was used as the intro to Bliss loads of times at the start of the BH&R tour and a couple of times for TIRO(?) iirc, last seen at Wembley 2007. It was played over the PA before Knights at Wembley 2010 as well but I guess that doesn't really count.

T'was a great creepy intro though, I'd love to see it come back.

It was used as the intro to Bliss loads of times at the start of the BH&R tour and a couple of times for TIRO(?) iirc, last seen at Wembley 2007. It was played over the PA before Knights at Wembley 2010 as well but I guess that doesn't really count.

T'was a great creepy intro though, I'd love to see it come back.

They used it as an intro for Muscle Museum on the Absolution Tour where a Robot would appear and walk around the screen (if I rememeber rightly).

Why was it played at Wembley 2010? Was it just the second night? Had some Teddy bear video with it as well IIRC

No idea. It was quite cool though :LOL: and it was before Take a Bow, not Knights. They also had the MTV Video for MK Ultra before the gig so we though that was them 'playing MK Ultra' for us.

• 3 weeks later...

With Dead Inside it seems to be a safe bet that the newer the performance, the better.

Psycho is probably all down to audience reaction. The Handler, one of the early performances where he did the ending as properly as he could and did that raise to an E5 at the last falsetto.

Reapers and Revolt seem to be the same everywhere from what I've seen. Mercy no idea, I try to stay away from that song.

I agree that Dead Inside seemed to get better as the tour continued, but my favorite version from the tour was actually from the first night in Mexico. Rather than singing "Don't leave me out in the cold" lower (as he did for the majority of the Drones NA tour), he sings that part in falsetto as well as the "Don't leave me out to die" part. He puts a a unique spin on that last part which I haven't heard from any other concert.

I agree that Dead Inside seemed to get better as the tour continued, but my favorite version from the tour was actually from the first night in Mexico. Rather than singing "Don't leave me out in the cold" lower (as he did for the majority of the Drones NA tour), he sings that part in falsetto as well as the "Don't leave me out to die" part. He puts a a unique spin on that last part which I haven't heard from any other concert.

He did it at every South American Tour show as well. Sounds so much better when he lowers it and sings it in full voice. The falsetto really draws out a lot of the emotion.

He did it at every South American Tour show as well. Sounds so much better when he lowers it and sings it in full voice. The falsetto really draws out a lot of the emotion.

Instead, I have to confess I like the falsetto delivery a bit more. I find it more emotional and needing than the lowered chest delivery.

In fact, I think it doesn't detract any tension from the momentum, because the more intense music in live performances of the song makes up for it.

I always rave about these two performances but I've been reminiscing a lot lately so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swR8So8e9kg

Not the best recording but probs my favourite purely because it shows the pure, unadulterated :srsb33f:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXUYib1dK_I

version highlights the bass and how brutal the chorus' were but I went with one that showed off the visuals a bit more because look at them (also that last "bringing me down" at 3:39 is beaut)

Also,

. Fun fact: 4:02 - possibly the best moment of my life. Edited by Jobby