• 1 month later...

Was mega at Download as well iirc, probably the best performance of it I've seen (bar the sentimental/contextual value of Leeds 2011). Fast New Born came back :happy:

Don't know why it's completely disappeared from sets, always gets a huge reception. Maybe they consider it a rarity like Dead Star, CE and MC now.

Micro Cuts though :facemelt: Fucking immense, definitely a 'best ever' shout imo. Was nice to see after the kinda disappointing version I saw at Leeds 2011. I thought Agitated from Download kinda went under the radar a bit also. Easily the best ever version of that for me, don't even think it was planned to be played either.

Both great versions, but I thought micro cuts at Leeds fest was better. I agree with you on agitated though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaF_CEZVNPc

Here's that aforementioned New Born from Download actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mLeEj8iW9E

Bloody hell, it's even better than I remembered it :facemelt: Best New Born in years, surely?

Both great versions, but I thought micro cuts at Leeds fest was better. I agree with you on agitated though

Meh, the excessive palm-muting took a lot out of the Leeds/Reading performances for me. It sounded way better when he let loose a bit more at Download imo, not to mention dem vocals.

• 2 weeks later...

Might not be the #1 performance (I've actually not watched that many of SFA tbh, but I'm aware there's one or two where he does some of the high notes) but I hadn't seen it before and thought it was worth posting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bock88tUrgc

I'm not normally a massive fan of SFA but fuck me, that sounds absolutely massive. Especially the solo onwards, he might not go for the high notes but the power in his voice :stunned: Actually got me hyped about the possibility of it coming back at some point on this tour.

Wasn't really a fan of the verse chugging at Download, that harmonic just before the main riff at the start is perfect though <3

Worked much better in general at Manchester Academy imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZTh3rwaT0o

Fuck me, that was a great gig. Just realised, I think I've seen every performance of Dead Star this year (only two, yeah, but still) :chuckle:

Wasn't really a fan of the verse chugging at Download, that harmonic just before the main riff at the start is perfect though <3

Worked much better in general at Manchester Academy imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZTh3rwaT0o

Fuck me, that was a great gig. Just realised, I think I've seen every performance of Dead Star this year (only two, yeah, but still) :chuckle:

That gig was sooo good. I dunno which I enjoyed more, that performance of Dead Star or the moment when I realised Fury was about to be played.

I love what Matt does with the second four rounds of the riff intro in that Manchester version though from approx 2.44 in that video above. It's as if he plays it with muted power chords or something like that and it sounds MASSIVE.

Dead Star is so fucking amazing. Always been right up there with my very favourite live songs. Favourite songs in general tbh. It was when they used it to advertise Kerrang magazine back in 2002/03'ish I really became aware of it properly. Ooof.

That gig was sooo good. I dunno which I enjoyed more, that performance of Dead Star or the moment when I realised Fury was about to be played.

I had Fury and The Groove spoiled for me by soundchecks :chuckle: Plus, you could see the setlists from the front.

Didn't affect the gig at all though, still an amazing time. Probably the best day of my life all-in-all - taking into account the build-up, the set, the performance, the crowd, meeting them after...such a happy day :happy:

I love what Matt does with the second four rounds of the riff intro in that Manchester version though from approx 2.44 in that video above. It's as if he plays it with muted power chords or something like that and it sounds MASSIVE.

Dead Star is so fucking amazing. Always been right up there with my very favourite live songs. Favourite songs in general tbh. It was when they used it to advertise Kerrang magazine back in 2002/03'ish I really became aware of it properly. Ooof.

I actually don't tend to rate Dead Star that highly live tbh, at least not at open-air gigs :$ Just tends to fall a bit flat from what I've seen, particularly during the verses. Amazing at indoor venues though, especially smaller ones. Then it really does become one of their best.

He's doing it as power chords yeah just no palm muting - sounds HUGE dayum

Dead Star is so far up on my list of Top 5 songs I want to see

Fury

Dead Star

Map of the Problematique

Citizen Erased

Ruled By Secrecy

any of those next time they're in Sydney would do very nicely to be honest :p

This must have been posted a million times, and we have had great performances on this tour, but I feel the need to share my love one more time for the 2013 performance of Micro Cuts in Montreal.

I'd totally say it is the best rendition ever of Micro Cuts. Matt's vocals are incredibly strong, his falsetto is as pure as crystal and he nails that chorus like never before. :awesome: + the surprise effect + the Freedom outro. :awesome: