5 songs you want to see live at least once

Spectrum IV

Got a feeling we might get Exo in full once in 2019 or 2020, for 10 years since TR. Surprised you'd be so keen on LS tho, it was better than on-record but still pretty meh live imo.

Loved it live and I really thought it would be a staple in their live shows for a while. Gives Matt a chance to rest a bit and nicely changes things up. Thought it would be their 'Guns of Brixton' where the Clash let Paul do his thing for one song. Was surprised when it didn't survive the cut after T2L tour.

Excellent lists here. I've seen them 4 (5?) times and have never seen the following (fat chance it would happen, but I can always dream):

Assassin

Unintended

Exopolitics

City of Delusion

Falling Away With You (going to watch the video right now as it's Valentines Day!)

• 8 months later...

Post-SBE:

City Of Delusion

Hate This & I’ll Love You

Hoodoo

Invincible

Shine (Acoustic)

Tough call for Shine, buncha stuff that deserves to be in there (Cave, Uno, Host, CTMEOY, HCM, In Your World, Fillip, RBS) but that’s flavour of the month I guess.

Amazing how consistently I’ve kept crossing off huge names from my bucket list over the years and yet there’s still, like, 25+ songs I feel at least some need to see :chuckle:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Spiral Static (Though I'm not sure I'd like to hear current Matt even try...)

Why? The highest note is a brief G5, which he was smashing last year in Showbiz, and it’s a part he could pretty easily avoid without really affecting the song anyway.

Why? The highest note is a brief G5, which he was smashing last year in Showbiz, and it’s a part he could pretty easily avoid without really affecting the song anyway.

He's stated they had difficulty recording the song back then. I assumed because it was hard to sing but it could have just meant technical issues. But I have the feeling the reason it's never been played live since, what, 1997, and even then 3 times, is because its not easy to sing? I can't technically analyse the song since I don't have any knowledge regarding vocals but the vocal range seems really great and goes from super low to high at the end.

You're right though, I didn't know the Showbiz note was the same. Maybe he could do it then, thinking about it!

All the same, I actually don't think I care if he can fully hit the notes or not. I just want to hear it live!

If I'm gonna guess why it hasn't been performed (other than being a b-side that is rarely requested) I'd say the low notes in the verses. Honestly I don't think he could even do those A2s comfortably today, considering how much he struggled with Madness. But then again they're not super important, and there's really no technical reason to why they wouldn't be able to perform it, at least not vocally.

Post-SBE:

City Of Delusion

Hate This & I’ll Love You

Hoodoo

Invincible

Shine (Acoustic)

Tough call for Shine, buncha stuff that deserves to be in there (Cave, Uno, Host, CTMEOY, HCM, In Your World, Fillip, RBS) but that’s flavour of the month I guess.

Amazing how consistently I’ve kept crossing off huge names from my bucket list over the years and yet there’s still, like, 25+ songs I feel at least some need to see :chuckle:

Are we the same person? :pope:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...