Wow people post legitimate thoughts or speculation about the album in the previous pages and they are shot down. But hell argue about the semantics of a throwaway comment 'til the cows come home.

Besides, gypsies do cheat, they cheat the taxation system. They also cheat land-owners out of rent they duly owe. That's not racist, that's just fact.

Gypsies have set up camp in my hometown on 4 occasions. On each occasion houses were robbed. Bear in mind this is a town with a population of 2000 give or take and these things just don't happen. So a good deal of them steal too, from my experience.

The only reason words like Gyp or Gypo are deemed derogatory is because of things like this, nothing more.

I've been punched by several white people. I will now refer to punching as "caucasioning". It's not racist, it's a fact.

Wow people post legitimate thoughts or speculation about the album in the previous pages and they are shot down. But hell argue about the semantics of a throwaway comment 'til the cows come home.

Besides, gypsies do cheat, they cheat the taxation system. They also cheat land-owners out of rent they duly owe. That's not racist, that's just fact.

Gypsies have set up camp in my hometown on 4 occasions. On each occasion houses were robbed. Bear in mind this is a town with a population of 2000 give or take and these things just don't happen. So a good deal of them steal too, from my experience.

The only reason words like Gyp or Gypo are deemed derogatory is because of things like this, nothing more.

Speculation about their personal lives isn't allowed. None of the things posted were legitimate speculation.

And the rest of your post is incredibly delusional (and borderline racist).

Do you want me to go through all the shit white people have done to the rest of the world?

Racist?, so it's racist to suggest gypsies illegally live on land they don't own? Someone should have told me before.

You don't have to tell me the stuff white people have done over the years and continue to do, I am well aware. Just like I wouldn't have to tell anyone what the general consensus on gypsies is if people were honest.

Once perhaps, Irish and Romany gypsies were a peaceful group of travellers but if any of you have met any living today, you will know most are fairly poorly educated (by their own choice and admission) and the men love a good tear up.

Now about that new album...

I heard a rumour that the first single will be the album's last track called "Darker Than Charcoal". It is influenced by the dark side of Gliese 581 and it is a 10 minutes long droney post-space rock song with ghostgaze influence.

"slang doesn't always intend to imply offense against a group but rather convey the connotation of the word"

ie racist prejudice.

"I associate gypsies with stealing and cheating, so therefore gyp will mean to steal and cheat...but it's not racism! Quit being so politically correct!"

You missed my point entirely. I was not aware of the origins of the word as stated, and used it in an innocuous manner yet racist accusations are thrown around. It's silly

Ah yes, let's put the negativity on the people against racism and not the ones condoning it. Because it's suuuch a buzzkill for white people to be told that they're hurting others.

Also you realizing categorically saying "white people" = racists without knowing my ethnicity at all is hugely ignorant and racist.

Archived