25 is usually the golden number in terms of anniversaries. Also the 1 year thing makes sense because a relatively big album tour could take place and the following year the special anniversary shows could happen. The 8th album thing bears no relevance I should have probably mentioned that.

I think it's just Jonny. Could be wrong though.

Kaoss pads allow live sampling, looping, all kinds of ambiance sounds (which to be fair he played with a bit in Isolated System, live) and for Matt probably even a way to control all the effects that are plugged into the guitar. Imagine all the improv Matt could be doing with the songs, instead of just a glitchy feedback solo during Supermassive.

He just uses it as a toy, basically. Kinda like the keytar in the TR tour.

Kaoss pads allow live sampling, looping, all kinds of ambiance sounds (which to be fair he played with a bit in Isolated System, live) and for Matt probably even a way to control all the effects that are plugged into the guitar.

That's exactly my point. Why take away matt's guitar playing so he can mess around with a kaoss pad, when Morgan do that at the same time with a lot more possibilities?

Since the "guitar playing" doesn't really involve any mindblowingly tricky parts...

The point can be made for Morgan too, btw. It's not about Matt personally, just the use the band decides to make of the pad.

edit: actually I don't see how it'd "take away matt's guitar playing". And you originally stated that he couldn't do more with it, which is obviously not the case.

Since the "guitar playing" doesn't really involve any mindblowingly tricky parts...

The point can be made for Morgan too, btw. It's not about Matt personally, just the use the band decides to make of the pad.

edit: actually I don't see how it'd "take away matt's guitar playing". And you originally stated that he couldn't do more with it, which is obviously not the case.

I said he couldn't do more with it that Morgan couldn't take further...

How could matt be playing 'normal' guitar and be messing around on the pad at the same time? I'm taking about live of course, and in the studio, then why the kaoss pad, there are tons of other midi controllers.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm with clydebank on this (I think, haven't really paid attention to what you guys wrote, seems like fabri is more interested in disagreeing with people who are usually wrong than actually making a point)

What's going on here, a disagreement ending with people taking in everyone's views and admitting their own faults. That certainly makes a change, latterly all discussion seems to end with arguments about what words are racist :LOL:

But yeah, you can do so much more with kaoss pad's, sustainers and even whammy pedals (Matt owns a DT now). Is this a problem? I'm not sure really as pushing creative boundaries can be good, it can sometimes be rubbish :p

I said he couldn't do more with it that Morgan couldn't take further...

How could matt be playing 'normal' guitar and be messing around on the pad at the same time? I'm taking about live of course, and in the studio, then why the kaoss pad, there are tons of other midi controllers.

as much as I wish Matt would do more with it in the realms of ambience (i.e. what he fiddled with for IS live and what he used it for in early performances of invincible) I do agree that it would take a lot away from his guitar playing live... I do wish he'd have another song to use the glitchy, octave tremolo kind of sound he uses in SMBH live for because it would be cool to see the full extent of what he could do with it

Archived