It's a bit premature, yes, but I think we all have our own ideas of what Muse should sound like 3/4 years down the road.

Personally, I'm just hoping they grow tired of Queen and U2. I can't imagine them doing those kind of songs in 2015. That would mean it would have been almost 10 years of those kind of songs (since BHaR). One of the best songs off The 2nd Law in my opinion is Animals, and I honestly think they could listen to Radiohead again. You may disagree with me, but the Radiohead/Jeff Buckley/Rage Against The Machine was miles better than the new stuff imo, as much as I love it all. Songs like Panic Station and Follow Me are good fun, but their darker stuff (Ruled By Secrecy, Citizen Erased, etc.) has so much more emotion to it.

I'm not much of a writer but you get the idea. :p

I'd like to see them make an album where they really give it their all in terms of technique and playing ability. I want to see them push themselves to a new level.

The Beatles really hit their stride when they stopped touring and stayed in the studio. Obviously Muse would never stop touring as the concerts are just as big as the albums if not bigger, but I'd also really like to hear what they'd come out with if they stayed in the studio.

Also, if they dabbled in more electronica like Isolated System I'd be very happy. I mean Follow Me is a great song, but IS really showed what they can do with electronics. Kinda like Take A Bow, but even further.

They just really need to take a break after this tour, maybe let Matt do some side projects for a while if he wants. Then they should come back and write a cohesive/flowing album without all the blindingly obvious influences (U2, Queen). Have influences by all means, but my problem with the T2L is that it just sounds like a collection of individual songs/mix tape with a vague lyrical theme being the only connection.

They just really need to take a break after this tour, maybe let Matt do some side projects for a while if he wants. Then they should come back and write a cohesive/flowing album without all the blindingly obvious influences (U2, Queen). Have influences by all means, but my problem with the T2L is that it just sounds like a collection of individual songs/mix tape with a vague lyrical theme being the only connection.

^This. Honestly, I think Muse may go on a break or something. Didn't they say they already fulfilled their album contract with The 2nd Law?

I can see a hiatus soon...even though I don't want one :unsure:

Agree! Songs with Radiohead and RATM influences are just dope. And yes, they should stop taking influence from Queen and U2 on their song, because I don't really like songs based on those bands. I want heavier stuff, which makes Muse sound like some badass rock band. I wanna see them getting deeper into heavy riffage, with some arpeggios, funk, and rachmaninoff-esque piano works. Or anything on piano that's tedious(Sunburn,B&H solo) :awesome:

jeez, already an LP7 thread?:LOL:

anyway, the only thing I miss is real heaviness. And I want my hammering piano back, too:'(

edit: inb4 anynone goes "survival and supremacy aren't heavy enough for you" no they aren't. when I say heavy, I mean dead star/micro cuts.

It's a bit premature, yes, but I think we all have our own ideas of what Muse should sound like 3/4 years down the road.

Personally, I'm just hoping they grow tired of Queen and U2. I can't imagine them doing those kind of songs in 2015. That would mean it would have been almost 10 years of those kind of songs (since BHaR). One of the best songs off The 2nd Law in my opinion is Animals, and I honestly think they could listen to Radiohead again. You may disagree with me, but the Radiohead/Jeff Buckley/Rage Against The Machine was miles better than the new stuff imo, as much as I love it all. Songs like Panic Station and Follow Me are good fun, but their darker stuff (Ruled By Secrecy, Citizen Erased, etc.) has so much more emotion to it.

I'm not much of a writer but you get the idea. :p

Pretty much what you said. However, I would like it if they went more prog as well. I loved the classical influences on The Resistance and also would like to see more songs in the vein of Hoodoo.

Tracks resembling Space Dementia would also be great.:)

agree they need to take a break or do something to boost up the muse mojo again, and everyone will have different views on this....

i think that songs like supremacy, animals and explorers are on the right track and what I kinda expected on this album but either more piano and especially awsum guitar riffs and awsum guitar in general in the next album, they need a good balance like many of their previous albums have where as this is just songs throw into an album

Sometime bands have albums that aren't so great but after, they go on to make a better ones ?? not to say 2nd law is bad, its just lacking in some parts but still not bad.......

thats me annyhow

Archived