I thought it was just a way of saying let's forget all the other stuff and return to album focus.

That's exactly what it was.

Like saying "how about those [insert football team name]" to change the subject...

Did people really think he was teasing talking about the album...?

And god, I hope he doesn't read the drivel we put down on here. :LOL:

Not that his Twitter is likely much better.

I wasn't into Muse until Abso, but I have read a good deal of interviews from the Showbiz/OoS time... Doesn't exactly sound like Matt wasn't enjoying himself...

On the other hand, the songs everyone bellyaches about like Madness, NSC, and Follow Me WERE written during dark periods of his life.

And he's said he was incredibly stressed out and thinking about the end of the world and insanity during writing/recording Abso (and it shows.)

None of this is any good indication of what the album is going to be like.

inb4 "a good muse album = a raw muse album"

If just like an album of songs which are well thought out, interesting to listen to with a decent number of tracks which could genuinely be good singles - not songs written cause they think they'll be popular but songs that just end up being awesome and good enough to appeal to a bigger audience.

I just want it to be coherent, not cheesy, don't want it to be over-the-top and want more of an emphasis on guitar/bass/drums/piano... basically, a good Muse album!

By the way, not sure if this has been posted, but found this a nice compilation of info on album 7. Some of it's wild speculation, but there's a few interesting things to refresh people's memories:

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/95516/1/15-things-to-expect-from-muses-upcoming-new-album#gallery

As for the speculation on when exactly album 7 may be released, Chris said this a while back: "I don't think we will do any UK festivals until the next album is out." I guess that (sort of) confirms that it should be out by the time they do Download at the very latest.

Archived