Not every dark album needs a grim background .

and besides, there are a lot of grim events still happening in the world, and knowing Matt's interest in geopolitics, he can find plenty of dark inspiration elsewhere

that being said, I am realling looking forward to the new album :LOL:

Nearly, as Dom says on Twitter :)

If they've finished recording it then they've fucking raced through it. Although, as said...

Well there's more to making an album than just recording it, be could be referring to mixing and mastering.

Hmmmm.

Either way, I'm intrigued to see it just to see if its as heavy as they say it is.

as I've said before, a constant (-ish) survival ending-level heaviness is what would qualify as 'fairly heavy' by muse standards at the moment imo.

No that's what would qualify as heavy. Don't see how Muse's heaviest moment would be "fairly heavy" by their own standards.

and besides, there are a lot of grim events still happening in the world, and knowing Matt's interest in geopolitics, he can find plenty of dark inspiration elsewhere

Hence my reference to Reign In Blood. Angel of Death came solely from Kerry King reading or watching something about the Holocaust and going "well, that sounds fairly metal."

Not intending to derail anything, but to address those that said "the album was already written anyway," the reports of ~a certain personal event~ just came out now, although it is said ~this~ happened months ago, so nobody knows for sure if ~it~ played into the writing process or not.

Not intending to derail anything, but to address those that said "the album was already written anyway," the reports of ~a certain personal event~ just came out now, although it is said ~this~ happened months ago, so nobody knows for sure if ~it~ played into the writing process or not.

And if there is nothing about that certain event on the album, Matt will probably pull a NSC and release a stand alone single about it.

Archived