Well the private life discussion is a little weird I guess, but to say it is irrelevant is just completely wrong. Personal lives influence music more than pretty much anything else and Matt has written some great songs on the back of his breakups.

As cruel as it sounds, it wouldn't really be such a terrible thing if Matt is in a dark place for a while whilst making this album. Hopefully then we can be temporarily done with dross like Madness, Big Freeze and Explorers. Alas I believe the songs were written when the whole thing was going strong but it shouldn't matter really I guess.

Well the private life discussion is a little weird I guess, but to say it is irrelevant is just completely wrong. Personal lives influence music more than pretty much anything else and Matt has written some great songs on the back of his breakups.

As cruel as it sounds, it wouldn't really be such a terrible thing if Matt is in a dark place for a while whilst making this album. Hopefully then we can be temporarily done with dross like Madness, Big Freeze and Explorers. Alas I believe the songs were written when the whole thing was going strong but it shouldn't matter really I guess.

What a load of horseshit. So you want Matt to be in a 'dark place' because it's conducive to the music you want? That's pretty callous.

What a load of horseshit. So you want Matt to be in a 'dark place' because it's conducive to the music you want? That's pretty callous.

Didn't this discussion crop up last year?

I'm pretty sure it did, so I'll just roll out the same response- creative types can quite often write really dark material without being in a really dark place at the time of writing. I'm pretty sure Matt Berninger, for example, is in a relatively good headspace these days. I'd also throw in Jacob Bannon as an example from heavy music. Also, for that matter, Slayer during the making of Reign In Blood.

Not every dark album needs a grim background a la Dirt and Iowa.

Personal lives influence music more than pretty much anything else and Matt has written some great songs on the back of his breakups.

Which songs? The only Muse song I can recall being written after an actual breakup is NSC. Furthermore the band's best works (IMO) were written during said relationship, which was also the longest relationship of Matt's life.

The above is why discussing band members' private lives isn't allowed, because it inevitably degenerates to wild speculation and flagrant abuse of Yoko syndrome.

Matt is not his girlfriends, nor is he Muse.

Since Matt wrote Madness (Album 6) based on his relationship with Kate...maybe there will be another song about their relationship...or maybe even a good breakup song!

(to whom it may concern - this info is in the public domain...thus it is fair game to respectfully talk about how Album 7 might be influenced)

Since Matt wrote Madness (Album 6) based on his relationship with Kate...maybe there will be another song about their relationship...or maybe even a good breakup song!

(to whom it may concern - this info is in the public domain...thus it is fair game to respectfully talk about how Album 7 might be influenced)

Here ya go buddy

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=10463140&postcount=6441

Again.

Keep your nose out of band members private lives

"Avoid speculating, discussing or questioning aspects of the band members personal lives. The way to determine what is private and what is acceptable is if a band member has themselves mentioned the item in an interview or similar media and only to the level of detail that they have expressed."

First of all, I never said I wished, I just said if he was, then it couldn't hurt the albums chances of the subject matter being a bit more in line with Muse's older discography, which is pretty much universally accepted as the better stage of the Band's career so far.

Second, even if I did wish that (which I didn't) would it be more/less acceptable if it was someone I knew as opposed to a complete stranger?

First of all, I never said I wished, I just said if he was, then it couldn't hurt the albums chances of the subject matter being a bit more in line with Muse's older discography, which is pretty much universally accepted as the better stage of the Band's career so far.

Second, even if I did wish that (which I didn't) would it be more/less acceptable if it was someone I knew as opposed to a complete stranger?

The last time he was in a darker place (as far as we know) we got NSC, so your point is not really valid. And either way it doesn't fucking matter, because the songs for the album have already been written.

Archived