What about that tappy fretboard device thing that popped up earlier in the thread and was pictured on his guitar? Could imagine getting something pretty awesome involving that

Also, moar Drop A

Had forgotten about that. Will certainly be interesting.

What about that tappy fretboard device thing that popped up earlier in the thread and was pictured on his guitar? Could imagine getting something pretty awesome involving that

Also, moar Drop A

Maybe it could be a device that picks up the individual strung note and then via a pedal/midi build controls a picking action? That could be quite cool?

Because sustain makes everything better?

No, it's because this could fundermentally alter the sound, the hammer jammer tends to give you a short tapping sound and a sustainer will give you a massive extension to this sound. A lot of sonic potential with that set up!

With the possibility of Matt using a 7-stringed guitar, part of me wonders if he'd consider using an even lower tuning on LP7.

This video shows a 9-stringed guitar, with the lowest string tuned to C#. The riff at 0:33 could possibly sound like a heavy Muse riff a la Execution Commentary with that heavy bass sound.

Forget the rest of the song, it's hardly something I'd expect Muse to come out with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXi3jnjc5NU#t=33

I can really hear it myself. I really hope the album ends up with some bits as heavy as that, it'll be amazing if it does!

I wouldn't object- I'd love to hear Stockholm Syndrome, Futurism and Citizen Erased with a super-heavy tone. I wonder if Deftones are on Muse's radar much these days.

Cue even more outrage from the metal community if he does, though. Proof that 8-stringers are the preserve of un-kvlt posers!

That would be incredible!

The "Because the [insert feature here] makes it so much better, right???!!!1 posts are getting old.

Sometimes it is actually for a valid reason that someone will suggest or prefer a feature, and not just for the hell of it.

Yeah, that wasn't really my point, hope my second post at the top of the page made this clear :D I should have explained the point in the first post but I forgot this isn't the kit and tab section of the forum and you guys aren't all guitarist, hence I didn't actually explain it initially. Hope that makes sense!!!

I think like every feature on Matt's guitars, it's fine as long as it's not overused. There isn't a lot of use for the kaoss pads anymore, I'm not missing it. I'm sure I'll grow tired of the sustainer if he starts using it too much.

Just hoping for some songs like Stockholm Syndrome: fat guitar sound, no fancy guitars needed.

Hmm I always thought a 25th anniversary show would have made more sense.
Why?

Plus if they continue on the one album every three years cycle, it would be a year after their 8th release.

And if they did the 20th anniversary, it would have been 2 years after their 6th release. Not sure why it makes a difference.

Archived