Mixture of heavy stuff with classical/orchestral influences like Supremacy, and more subdued, haunting songs like Isolated System. Please just no more Queen and U2. Especially no more U2.

I'd like a concept album that actually flows well from start to finish, like the first half of OoS but sustained for an entire album.

That being said, I'm sure the next album will be just as diverse and opinion-splitting as their last two albums.

Mixture of heavy stuff with classical/orchestral influences like Supremacy, and more subdued, haunting songs like Isolated System. Please just no more Queen and U2. Especially no more U2.

I'd like a concept album that actually flows well from start to finish, like the first half of OoS but sustained for an entire album.

That being said, I'm sure the next album will be just as diverse and opinion-splitting as their last two albums.

Well as someone who loves prog (classic and contemporary) I would love a concept album.

Album number 7 will not be cohesive whatsoever; the tracks will go something like this:

1. Fast-paced opener on guitars with riffs and a harpsichord mid section.

2. Synth arpeggios with cheesy lyrics, sung entirely in falsetto.

3. Acoustic guitars with a chord regression in a harmonic minor key. Has harmonica solo.

4. A happy little pipe organ interlude.

5. BIG symphonic piece with wub and glockenspiel. Somehow still sounds like U2.

6. Heavy, dirtily-distorted guitars in this piece, counterbalanced by high-pitched piano and Queen harmonies

7. Groovy bass line, accompanied by a countermelody on a harp. Dom doesn't play drums, instead he eats croutons by a microphone for the rhythm section.

8. A 7 minute epic about fatherhood. The Guiding Light/Big Freeze of this album except longer

9. Harpsichord makes a reappearance because cohesiveness.

10. A deeply profound and emotional song. featuring electric piano and the sound of weeping.

11. Ending track with epic symphonic arrangements and riff similar to nyan cat in a minor key.

I predict this will happen and it will be Muse's best album since Origin of Symmetry.

For me, I'd love to see existing elements used, but just in a more coherent manner.

Instead of different genres all over the effing place. Add some musical and instrumental consistency to the album.

I want to see more electronica (not so much dupstep, but generally), more rock, metal, classic Muse riffs. More classical and symphonic etc, but laid out, for example, like this.

1. classical and heavy rock based

2. symphonic with eletro based chorus

3. trancey spacey electronic

4. Metal riffs with electro influences

5. Classical with electro

etc etc

So the elements used in each track have a significant likeness from previous or latter tracks.

Also, concept albums please. And longer songs.

If they're going to continue taking so many influences I'd like to see them influenced by: Iamx, 65daysofstatic, ours, nine inch nails, porcupine tree, pain of salvation, etc.

Some industrial, progressive and post-rock influences wouldn't go amiss I don't think. Unfortunately I don't think they'll ever make a cohesive album again, as their favourite thing about T2L seemed to be the diversity.

Less Queen, U2, and pop. Someone should remind Matt that they used to listen to RATM and Nirvana.

Electronic influences are okay, as long as there's still rock in it as well. More like MotP than Follow Me or Undisclosed Desires.

Generally, whatever they do, I want them to actually stick to a direction instead of trying to fit as many genres as possible in one album.

Something really experimental and minimalistic, full of unusual time signatures, song structures and guitar tunings. A mix of quirky noise pop that sounds like the bastard child of Deerhoof and The Jesus & Mary Chain, eerily subdued songs in the vein of Screenager or Hoodoo, and neo- chamber pop with a mixture of orchestral and electronic instrumentation. Lyrically more abstract than the last few albums, like OoS albeit less overtly angsty. Matt's voice would be pushed lower in the mix.

I doubt this would ever happen though. :LOL:

Album number 7 will not be cohesive whatsoever; the tracks will go something like this:

1. Fast-paced opener on guitars with riffs and a harpsichord mid section.

2. Synth arpeggios with cheesy lyrics, sung entirely in falsetto.

3. Acoustic guitars with a chord regression in a harmonic minor key. Has harmonica solo.

4. A happy little pipe organ interlude.

5. BIG symphonic piece with wub and glockenspiel. Somehow still sounds like U2.

6. Heavy, dirtily-distorted guitars in this piece, counterbalanced by high-pitched piano and Queen harmonies

7. Groovy bass line, accompanied by a countermelody on a harp. Dom doesn't play drums, instead he eats croutons by a microphone for the rhythm section.

8. A 7 minute epic about fatherhood. The Guiding Light/Big Freeze of this album except longer

9. Harpsichord makes a reappearance because cohesiveness.

10. A deeply profound and emotional song. featuring electric piano and the sound of weeping.

11. Ending track with epic symphonic arrangements and riff similar to nyan cat in a minor key.

I predict this will happen and it will be Muse's best album since Origin of Symmetry.

that would be awesome!

Something really experimental and minimalistic, full of unusual time signatures, song structures and guitar tunings. A mix of quirky noise pop that sounds like the bastard child of Deerhoof and The Jesus & Mary Chain, eerily subdued songs in the vein of Screenager or Hoodoo, and neo- chamber pop with a mixture of orchestral and electronic instrumentation. Lyrically more abstract than the last few albums, like OoS albeit less overtly angsty. Matt's voice would be pushed lower in the mix.

I doubt this would ever happen though. :LOL:

Yes it would be great if album number seven could have the elements that you have just described.

The 2nd Law was a step in the right direction compared to TR imo, I would like an album that fits better as a whole/has its own general sound. Like OoS or to a lesser extent Absolution. As far as sounds or genres go I trust Muse but as long as they have the style and drive that Muse is known for (or should be at least): High pitched out-worldly vocals; crazy original sounding guitar parts; fat, driving, distorted, enveloped filtered bass lines, thundering and bombastic drums; all wrapped up in a nice Prog Rocky package :) with extra eclecticity please.

For me, I'd love to see existing elements used, but just in a more coherent manner.

Instead of different genres all over the effing place. Add some musical and instrumental consistency to the album.

I want to see more electronica (not so much dupstep, but generally), more rock, metal, classic Muse riffs. More classical and symphonic etc, but laid out, for example, like this.

1. classical and heavy rock based

2. symphonic with eletro based chorus

3. trancey spacey electronic

4. Metal riffs with electro influences

5. Classical with electro

etc etc

So the elements used in each track have a significant likeness from previous or latter tracks.

Also, concept albums please. And longer songs.

That'd be so good. And electronic and classical can work really well together

• 4 weeks later...
Acoustic seems like the way they are gonna go, as long as there is an LP7 in the next 3 years they can do whatever they want <3

I think they'll do LP7 once this tour is over, do the tour for that and then take a break for a few years. I won't mind if they do. They've been working non-stop for 13 years and if we go by past tours they'll have LP7's tour done by 2019 so that would be 20 years.

Muse still seems way too enthusiastic for The 2nd Law to be their final album. With that in mind, I like the direction they took here, and I hope they go even further. Let's get some of that intensity and emotion we all loved so much from the first four albums, but with the epic grandness that they've achieved in the last two layered on top.

Archived