What makes you think it'll be acoustic?

Because Matt said that he'd like to do that in the future.

Which probably means they won't do anything acoustic

Because Matt said that he'd like to do that in the future.

Which probably means they won't do anything acoustic

Exactly.

I wouldn't mind seeing more stuff like Follow Me, and maybe adding a little guitar in with the electronica.

Or... I wouldn't mind seeing them just do an all out 80s album. :LOL:

Muse still seems way too enthusiastic for The 2nd Law to be their final album. With that in mind, I like the direction they took here, and I hope they go even further. Let's get some of that intensity and emotion we all loved so much from the first four albums, but with the epic grandness that they've achieved in the last two layered on top.

Totally agree. An album that pulls in old fans of their older stuff, but at the same time pull in a newer fanbase that can appreciate their beauty. But then again, they're Muse, so who knows what direction they're gonna take with a new album :logic:

Totally agree. An album that pulls in old fans of their older stuff, but at the same time pull in a newer fanbase that can appreciate their beauty. But then again, they're Muse, so who knows what direction they're gonna take with a new album :logic:

This album was already partially like that. We had Animals, which felt like something straight out of Absolution, we had the 'big' sound of The Resistance, and we had the new introduction of Dubstep/electronica.I have only high hopes for whatever they have next, since they've totally proven that The Resistance was no decline.

I think they'll do LP7 once this tour is over, do the tour for that and then take a break for a few years. I won't mind if they do. They've been working non-stop for 13 years and if we go by past tours they'll have LP7's tour done by 2019 so that would be 20 years.
They've also talked about other stuff like doing a film for each album, or in matts case wanting to do film scores but I hope he leaves that until he is older and can't rock out any more :chuckle:

Maybe a double album? You could split that into a poppier side and a heavier/more progressive side. I'd certainly like a longer album, with Chris contributing more stuff, and some more aggressive pieces. And I'd like to see the "dubstep by guitar" thing integrated fully into a few songs, like Morello solos.

Aye aye. Maybe they could tie that in with the dubsteppy guitar textures :)

Oh yes! Could be a good combo.

Electronic orchestral disco funk. I don't know....I sense Matt's desire to do more film score type music, but they also seemed to really like exploring the "groove" on T2L. And I could see electronics becoming even more prevalent. So maybe some kind of bizarre combo. :LOL:

A concept, progressive album with electronica, acoustic, post-rock, funk, prog rock and generally heavy parts. But I'm in dreamland and that ain't gonna happen

Would be nice to see a nice little acoustic song. Something like Unintended or Soldier's Poem type. That would definitely be nice.

1. huge build-up song, starting with an orchestra and then goes metal with awesome guitar riffs in the end

2. Chris song with sexy bassline, short but effective

3. continues the style from song 3, but more guitar, more progressive parts and with Matt's voice

4. a piano song with Matt&Chris duett

5. their usual pop song. minimalistic techno, and hopefully cool drumwork, probably cheesy lyrics and vocals, but still better than UD

6. an acoustical masterpiece, long, progressive, with cool vocals and guitar, solo with an unusal instrument (maybe accordion or something like that)

7. something like Survival, but not as raw, more serious lyrics, but still with a badass guitar solo, choirs, strings and stuff

8. massive metal/rock song, written by Matt, but sung by Chris (a little SS-y)

9. a capella, a là queen intro, then evolves into a dubstep song with guitar (like Unsustainable, but with lyrics)

10.+11.+12. three-part symphony, maybe even cooler than Exogensis (if that's possible...), with Chris doing some vocals now an then, many piano parts but also more heavy parts, probably featuring a lot of techno stuff, like IS. The end of the third part is going to be played on an acoustic guitar. duration: ~20 min.

would that be awesome? :awesome:

No Chris solo vocal songs pls. Wouldn't mind him to heavily feature in some songs but not again.

yeah well they'll be doing it anway. I don't mind it. I just don't love the songs he's writing/singing, but his voice is ok imo.

A concept, progressive album with electronica, acoustic, post-rock, funk, prog rock and generally heavy parts. But I'm in dreamland and that ain't gonna happen

This so damn much.