The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Liquid State

Take a Bow

But the direction they will probably go down with LP7;

Save Me

Supremacy

Hoodoo

Recess

^^ or to put it bluntly, another more established Hullabaloo (soundtracks) album.

Either way :D

5 songs they should go down the route of and may well do so:

MK Ultra

Supremacy (more RATM like riffs, less James Bond next time)

Panic Station, obviously

Follow Me (right idea, not executed as well as it could have been)

Supermassive Black Hole

MK Ultra

Panic Station, obviously

Supermassive Black Hole

I can't think of a single thing wrong in Follow Me.

Matt doing film scores? If Stanley Kubrick were still around, he'd be all over this. :awesome:

Maybe a double album? You could split that into a poppier side and a heavier/more progressive side. I'd certainly like a longer album, with Chris contributing more stuff, and some more aggressive pieces. And I'd like to see the "dubstep by guitar" thing integrated fully into a few songs, like Morello solos.

LP7 needs to have industrial stuff.

Aye aye. Maybe they could tie that in with the dubsteppy guitar textures :)

Oh yes! Could be a good combo.

A concept, progressive album with electronica, acoustic, post-rock, funk, prog rock and generally heavy parts. But I'm in dreamland and that ain't gonna happen

1. huge build-up song, starting with an orchestra and then goes metal with awesome guitar riffs in the end

2. Chris song with sexy bassline, short but effective

3. continues the style from song 3, but more guitar, more progressive parts and with Matt's voice

4. a piano song with Matt&Chris duett

5. their usual pop song. minimalistic techno, and hopefully cool drumwork, probably cheesy lyrics and vocals, but still better than UD

6. an acoustical masterpiece, long, progressive, with cool vocals and guitar, solo with an unusal instrument (maybe accordion or something like that)

7. something like Survival, but not as raw, more serious lyrics, but still with a badass guitar solo, choirs, strings and stuff

8. massive metal/rock song, written by Matt, but sung by Chris (a little SS-y)

9. a capella, a là queen intro, then evolves into a dubstep song with guitar (like Unsustainable, but with lyrics)

10.+11.+12. three-part symphony, maybe even cooler than Exogensis (if that's possible...), with Chris doing some vocals now an then, many piano parts but also more heavy parts, probably featuring a lot of techno stuff, like IS. The end of the third part is going to be played on an acoustic guitar. duration: ~20 min.

would that be awesome? :awesome:

inb4 Fabri requests the Reznor/Justice collab again

Damn, I was about to post it :(

But, again, I want them to embrace industrial and dance.

MK Ultra

Panic Station, obviously

Supermassive Black Hole

That would be cool:)

Perhaps also some ambient.

I liked everything here.

Anyways to build upon what I was saying earlier.

A consistent electronic album.

TaB/MoTP/Easily/UD/MK Ultra/Follow Me/Madness (and more)

Even for MoTP, something similar to Rich Costey's edit could be neat. Still prefer the album version but his is good too.

All those are sort of similar (don't bite my head off) but they are the heavy, medium and softer sides of electronic incorporated with rock. Could be good.

Anyways to build upon what I was saying earlier.

A consistent electronic album.

TaB/MoTP/Easily/UD/MK Ultra/Follow Me/Madness (and more)

Even for MoTP, something similar to Rich Costey's edit could be neat. Still prefer the album version but his is good too.

All those are sort of similar (don't bite my head off) but they are the heavy, medium and softer sides of electronic incorporated with rock. Could be good.

That could work nicely, if they roped in someone who really gets electronic music- step forward Trent Reznor? They could still get a shedload of variety out of a template like that. I'd still want some Chris songs, industrialise them a little and the result could be awesome. And it'd give Matt a chance to do loads of weird, glitchy solos- like Unsustainable, but with more variation.

I'm also thinking Matt's grand piano style offset with Burial-esque clickety-click beats :)

And more funk would be very welcome.

Double album? About the length of The Fragile- something on the scale of Use Your Illusion would be ridiculous. Baroness managed to pull it off nicely this year, after all.

If they did I think there'd have to be a pronounced difference in style on each side- Use Your Illusion went totally the wrong way and just splodged everything together on both discs, even aside from the quality of individual songs it was a mess, and I had a similar problem with SoaD's Hypnotize/Mezmerize. Have a really electronic take on one side and then more regular rock and symphonic pieces on the other, maybe.

Archived