Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

It does remind me of IBTY, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I haven't been paying much attention to the lyrics, so I can't comment on those. It also reminds me of Madness a little, with the way it builds up, but I think Explorers does it better. It's an improvement over other recent ballads like Guiding Light. I quite like it overall.

After getting over the initial :LOL: with the "go to sleep line" I wonder if there is a deeper meaning? Conspiracy theorist (which Matt is in to) like to say they "woke up" or took the red pill (think Matrix). Maybe Matt is saying "go back to sleep" kind of tongue in cheek and just ignore how we are fucking up our planet.

Maybe too deep…:p

Overall, a decent Christmas lullaby.

just listened to it. I thought it was supposed to be bad...

It made me cry. I don't cry over music.

Me too. :$ Between this and Save Me, I'm a mess.

I don't get all the hate for Explorers :wtf: it's definitely not the worst song.

It's nowhere near the worst. I think Big Freeze is getting more hate at the moment anyhow.

for many years I've looked for the perfect song to be played at my funeral, I think i might just found it

:'(

I almost completely forgot about the 'lullaby' Matt had promised us until I heard the intro :LOL: ... this needs to grow on me but it's got potential. If this is the cheesiest we'll get (Survival is only cheesy lyrically: the riffage saves it from falling into that category!) it's not the end of the world.

I hear a Beatles-like sound, and then it suddenly gets Christmassy... 'Free me from this world' could easily be 'Feed the world' :LOL:

It starts with Shine, have a bit of Soaked in it, and the chorus reminds me TOO MUCH of Invincible. I like it, but otherwise I think I would have liked it more :(

Invincible was my first thought too!

That one part of Matt's singing that is exactly like Don't Stop Me Now, catches my ear every time :LOL:

That one part of Matt's singing that is exactly like Don't Stop Me Now, catches my ear every time :LOL:

That bit really bugs me...i dont generally mind them trying to be Queen except for that part of this song and the random queen-esque vocal harmony in madness

Do quite like this song though, bit too long but would probably like to see it live. Actually thought the 'go to sleep' bit was quite a nice (if not slightly odd) touch as well

Archived