How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

It has it's redeeming qualities, but there are bits in the song that I really don't like. I hate the choir, I don't like the beginning either. It seems like a heavier track though, which is a plus. That falsetto is amazing too. I give it a C+ ...

idgaf about the lyrics, really. Of course the lyrics are going to be about winning, determination, and other cliches. Actually the simplicity and ridiculousness of the lyrics were clearly intentional and proved they were really having fun with it.

Musers, stop crashing the fucking boards, haha!

I don't wanna be scared about a disco song, but I am :LOL:. Still can't get over how fucking EPIC that song is! Surprised it was chosen for London 2012: I thought it would be too OTT for the small-minded corporate folks at LOCOG :p

well, I was scared of this song because people were shitting themselves...look how that turned out. Survival is fantastic. People hating it... no, I won't waste any words on them. it's probably not at all their best, but for the olympics...it's a perfect song.

Right then so, summary from the interview:

- Survival will be on the album

- They're playing at the ending ceremony and they'll be playing Survival there

- Unsustainable IS the only 'dubstep' song on TSL

- There is only ONE song in the trailer, not two as everyone thought

- Panic Station will be a jazzy 80s song with a similar sax riff to Superstition by Stevie Wonder

- The 'main' (presumably 'first') single will be pretty 'minimalistic' (so not Unsustainable/the trailer song then)

I think that's about it.

Archived