How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

It upsets me sortof that so many people hate the song, especially those in the media who have the ability to make others dislike it without even hearing it. But then again I just remind myself that the only people who's opinion matters to me is my own and you guys, and a lot of fans love the song which is enough for me, and I adore it, aside from the flaws it's fun and catchy and powerful. So I'm happy :happy:

I'm more upset many people hate it because of the fact that this will be getting so much exposure, and as a fan of Muse, I naturally want everyone to love them, and for those whose first Muse song will be this, they might be put off altogether. If it were a different occasion, I wouldn't mind that they made a bad song.

Though I don't really think it's a bad song as much as a "wtf did I just listen to" song that I happen to enjoy very much.

I'm more upset many people hate it because of the fact that this will be getting so much exposure, and as a fan of Muse, I naturally want everyone to love them, and for those whose first Muse song will be this, they might be put off altogether. If it were a different occasion, I wouldn't mind that they made a bad song.

Though I don't really think it's a bad song as much as a "wtf did I just listen to" song that I happen to enjoy very much.

I agree. I couldn't care less if NME hated it but if my friends are going to hear bad press about it and not like it when they hear it themselves that will upset me.

However I wouldn't want Muse to have done anything different, I admire them for taking a chance and doing what they want (apart from lyrics wise..I hope :chuckle:) and if the Olympic organisers wanted it then thats what they get!

lol

Welcome back. lol

Agreed.

"I'm working with the Staging Crew for when they first play this live at the Olympics. State of the Art show, which Matt and the lads have been involved with. The last third (around the four minute mark) of the song is something special, the way the entire stadium turns into something out of a sci fi movie. Obviously not allowed to give many details, but it's completely epic. Something like 300 performers involved. Amazing CGI. Set the whole stadium on fire, literally."

It's Muse AND the Olympics. It will probably be the most OTT event in history to date.

I think someone at Watch TV doesn't really like the song that much. This apparently was shown during an advert today...

AwudjUwCEAANOSP.jpg

:eek:

Oh and it's entered the charts at No. 25.

Genius.

I think that's more a slightly sick interpretation...

What do you use fuses for if not for exploding things?

Right, I shall finally give my opinion of the song!

I'm not gonna lie, when I first heard it on Radio 1, my initial reaction was 'what was that' when the prelude finished. However, after listening to it since, several times may I add, I have grown to love it a ridiculous amount. It's bombastic and crazy and mad and screams Muse. Lyrics are not amazing, but as Matt said he wrote it from the perspective of an athlete (a method he got from Bono I believe) so it works when you look at it from that perspective.

When the main UsoE style riffs finish till the end, the vocals are amazing and the riff is just crazy and I can imagine it being a killer live (the riff, not the whole song).

Ps you know Matt said he worked with a famous pianist, you don't think he was talking about Sir Elton John do you? There were those rumours flying round last year that he wanted to collab with the band at the Olympics. Just a note to consider, Elton is also in the line up for the ending ceremony. Possible collab performance? If so, the amount of glitter needed will be immense.

Right, I shall finally give my opinion of the song!

Ps you know Matt said he worked with a famous pianist, you don't think he was talking about Sir Elton John do you? There were those rumours flying round last year that he wanted to collab with the band at the Olympics. Just a note to consider, Elton is also in the line up for the ending ceremony. Possible collab performance? If so, the amount of glitter needed will be immense.

I'm thinking Laing Laing.

I'm hoping Laing Laing.

I'm praying Laing Laing.

Oh did I spell it wrong :LOL:

Why I think he's amazing :erm:

I tend to hate all his interpretations of basically everything he plays (except the time I saw him live, but it was the world debut of a song that was composed with him specifically in mind. :LOL:) I don't deny that he's talented, because he is, and I like his playfulness tbh, but whenever I watch him, it always seems like the way he's playing is more about showmanship than genuine feeling.

His brand of OTT might work though. OTT band, OTT song, OTT ceremony, let's get an OTT pianist, why not.

Guest bellamylookalike

That would be the perfect amount of ridiculous to work.

Elton's cool now anyway, even J. Frusciante covers Tiny Dancer ;)

I tend to hate all his interpretations of basically everything he plays (except the time I saw him live, but it was the world debut of a song that was composed with him specifically in mind. :LOL:) I don't deny that he's talented, because he is, and I like his playfulness tbh, but whenever I watch him, it always seems like the way he's playing is more about showmanship than genuine feeling.

His brand of OTT might work though. OTT band, OTT song, OTT ceremony, let's get an OTT pianist, why not.

Piano is really important to me and he amazes me to watch but each to their own :yesey:

I can take OTT :awesome:

I will be in the same city as muse for definite when I go to the olympics oh em gees fangirl feels :D

Piano is really important to me and he amazes me to watch but each to their own :yesey:

I can take OTT :awesome:

I will be in the same city as muse for definite when I go to the olympics oh em gees fangirl feels :D

Agree to disagree. :happy:

Ooh, you're going to the olympics? When?

Archived