How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

This was on Youtube:

"I'm working with the Staging Crew for when they first play this live at the Olympics. State of the Art show, which Matt and the lads have been involved with. The last third (around the four minute mark) of the song is something special, the way the entire stadium turns into something out of a sci fi movie. Obviously not allowed to give many details, but it's completely epic. Something like 300 performers involved. Amazing CGI. Set the whole stadium on fire, literally." Tim733733

Hope it's real, sounds amazing.

:awesome:

This was on Youtube:

"I'm working with the Staging Crew for when they first play this live at the Olympics. State of the Art show, which Matt and the lads have been involved with. The last third (around the four minute mark) of the song is something special, the way the entire stadium turns into something out of a sci fi movie. Obviously not allowed to give many details, but it's completely epic. Something like 300 performers involved. Amazing CGI. Set the whole stadium on fire, literally." Tim733733

Normally I only watch the opening ceremony, but this is too :awesome: to pass up! (not that I'd pass Muse anyway)

I'm kind of late to this, but...

When I first heard Survival, I was completely dumbfounded at how weird the song was; it was nothing like what I'd expect for a song for the Olympics. I think that's why I enjoy it so much, it's just so out there and bizarre that it becomes an amazing song. Apart from the shit lyrics and Matt's subpar vocal delivery in parts, the tune is just love, what with those awesome riffs and the weird Russian-esque choir :happy:

This was on Youtube:

I'm going to be blinded. :awesome:

:LOL: just was watching TV, the sports program talking about the build up to the olympics and they were all laughing and saying how bad survival is.

I get that the song is a bit polarizing... but find it sad that the media can't just let it go... There's better things to talk about. Unless you're on a band's message board, I suppose.

:LOL: just was watching TV, the sports program talking about the build up to the olympics and they were all laughing and saying how bad survival is.

It's an unusual song, and is not going to be liked by everyone, especially boring people.

This was on Youtube:

So do I. Looking forward to it. :D

I hated Micro Cuts the first few times I heard it but now I love it. Some Muse songs just take a bit more perseverance than others.

Same with me and "Megalomania".

I used to not like it compared to other tracks on the album. After listening to it a few times, it grew on me. Now, it's one of my favorite parts of the album.

This was on Youtube:

Things just keep getting better :D

It's an unusual song, and is not going to be liked by everyone, especially boring people.

You need to understand that your willingness to follow and defend muse no matter what they do is equivalent to some sort of drone that just keeps on droning forever, making you inherently boring.

They made a terrible song.

You need to understand that your willingness to follow and defend muse no matter what they do is equivalent to some sort of drone that just keeps on droning forever, making you inherently boring.

Your point would have been relevent if the song was bad

"defend Muse no matter what they do"?

You really don't follow this forum a lot do you?

Archived