How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

You need to understand that your willingness to follow and defend muse no matter what they do is equivalent to some sort of drone that just keeps on droning forever, making you inherently boring.

They made a terrible song.

No need to be insulting. :erm:

You need to understand that your willingness to follow and defend muse no matter what they do is equivalent to some sort of drone that just keeps on droning forever, making you inherently boring.

Same can be said of those who only insult the band cos it's clearly not 'cool' to like them anymore. Not saying that's what you're doing, but there are two sides to every argument.

You're not good at this

I just can't get over how terribly innappropriate the lyrics are... 'vengaence is mine' and 'you won't pull ahead' :LOL: Seriously impossible for matt NOT to be taking the piss.

"Light the fuse" is a little, well, ironic at best, considering the security measures being taken regarding terrorist attacks.

"Light the fuse" is a little, well, ironic at best, considering the security measures being taken regarding terrorist attacks.

Now that you mention it. :stunned:

There was a countdown to the Olympics (like a short excerpt in my television channel here) and I didn't hear Survival. :LOL: I still recall last year when USoE was just released, it was used in an advert of American Idol (as in made by my tele channel) only a day after. Muse fan somewhere. :happy:

I lol at people who defend every single song made by Muse simply because it was made by them. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to love all of their songs. This argument was had on one of my recent Facebook statuses regarding Survival. Someone came in and said something like "You guys suck at being Muse fans and don't bother going to see them on this tour yada yada". This is pretty much what she says every time my fellow Muser friends or I say something that doesn't praise them. Then another Muser friend came along and said "It seems like you'd defend Muse even if they put out a song with a series of fart noises." That quote seems to describe a lot of people on the .mu boards. >.>

Good for you, OpenMinded. You go, OpenMinded!

My opinion of this song is that it's fucking horrible :LOL: Like the same level of horrible as the movie The Room. When I'm in need a good laugh, I'll listen to this song/watch that movie due to them being so poorly scripted and made that it's hilarious. That being said, the instrumentals starting at about 4:00 is badass and I hope to see some moshing at shows during that part so I can finally have a rock show experience at this rock band's shows.

I should also add that this song still shits over The Resistance.

The song is ridiculous. Not at all what I expected and slightly disappointing in a way. The vocals were great, the lyrics were awful and the strings were very meh. Some parts of the song were pretty nice though.

I never said anything about Muse fans not liking every Muse song being boring. My comment was aimed at sports reporters and was meant partly tongue in cheek.

It is an unusual, quirky song so it's going to get stick. Maybe the commentators in question were Muse fans, I don't know, but I was thinking more of how it might come over to people generally, who aren't particularly into Muse.

It is pretty different even for Muse, and it's not like an average rock song and certainly not like the majority of stuff played on the radio.

I don't think I've seen anyone in this thread defend/say they like the song simply because it's Muse so where these complaints are coming from, I'm not sure. The people who like the song seem to have genuine reasons, as do the people who don't like it.

The song is ridiculous. Not at all what I expected and slightly disappointing in a way. The vocals were great, the lyrics were awful and the strings were very meh. Some parts of the song were pretty nice though.

At least they surprised basically everyone.

Archived