How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

While the lyrics aren't amazing this one in particular sticks out to me.

"And I'll reveal my strenghth

To the whole human race"

There is something epic about the way he sings it, and the message behind it.

The rest is good, pwoper Musey cheese and I love it.

becoz butthurt?

Will, What the fuck? Either have a discussion, or piss off. I'm not trying to be antagonistic with anything I'm saying. I couldn't give half a flying fuck if you think Survival is the best thing Muse has ever done! Opinions are like assholes, etc. etc! Seriously -- why would you give a shit what someone else might consider a "guilty pleasure" amongst that persons peer group? Whatever....

I think survival hits the spot in regards to being an olympic song, but comparing it to previous olympic songs, it's radically different. Normally it's slower songs about unity, coming together, inspiration etc. Instead, we ended up with 'Fuck that, lets tear the stadium down with angsty bass, epic riffage and a choir!' :LOL:

"Not because they dared cover muse or anything like that" is what I said. Can't believe that was taken as a literal statement, but it's my fault for forgetting this is internet world and tone of voice counts for nothing ;)

Rufus Wainwright love at this place genuinely surprises me, but you know, that's cool!

It should not stop someone saying around here what they think though right; in this case, I find his music abhorrent. Ha that's too strong sorry, I just don't like it ;)

You've wink faced me to kingdom kong! :stunned:

Look I love Muse to pieces, but it's like you're trying to take mighty music high ground with them. As if Muse are sitting up on a podium, sneering and spitting on the likes of 'Rufus Wainwright' :chuckle:, when they don't quite have the right to do that. Nickelback on the other hand...

:awesome:

EDIT: Just put it on my iTunes to find some kind of remix of the Cantina Theme from Star Wars blasting out. As awesome as I remember it then. :LOL: <3

Ahhhh triple j :happy: <3<3

Okay. Beat me to verbal pulp. I deserve it. :$:LOL:

Whoever did the editing on that video deserves a fucking Oscar. And while I still feel that the song as a "stand alone" doesn't work, it works like fuck with that video! Brilliant! (I'm still not a fan of the song as a stand alone though.....) It's a very nice, modern twist on the Olympic games, and Muse deserves a major pat on the back. I'll bend over now, and you can all kick my ass -- kay? :LOL:

Big Fat Bonus -- My biggest complaint with song is the "corniness" of the choral work, and the notion that the song might work well without it. Well, live -- that burdensome choral work won't be there. ;) It could be truly a super fucking fun live song.

I <3 Muse. I should have trusted them more. :LOL:

ETA -- Whomever did the video received major personal bonus points from "moi" for including several examples of Olympic equine events. :D Sporthorses are my "thang" meng. :)

Okay. Beat me to verbal pulp. I deserve it. :$:LOL:

Whoever did the editing on that video deserves a fucking Oscar. And while I still feel that the song as a "stand alone" doesn't work, it works like fuck with that video! Brilliant! (I'm still not a fan of the song as a stand alone though.....) It's a very nice, modern twist on the Olympic games, and Muse deserves a major pat on the back. I'll bend over now, and you can all kick my ass -- kay? :LOL:

You know the video itself, while well done, is no more than a simple montage that probably could've been done by any editor. I think it says something about the song though considering how just putting a few Olympic scenes in there can bring up the perception on it. Seems like they added all the cheese, all the theatrics, but made sure they would fit perfectly with the theme they were going for. And it looks like it has.

They removed all the unnecessary parts, I think. :chuckle:

Indeed. I actually can't recall what they left out, let alone why the left-out-bits were there in the first place. Given that it's about two minutes' worth of music in a five minute song that was excised, that tells you a bit.

Guest bellamylookalike
You've wink faced me to kingdom kong! :stunned:

Look I love Muse to pieces, but it's like you're trying to take mighty music high ground with them. As if Muse are sitting up on a podium, sneering and spitting on the likes of 'Rufus Wainwright' :chuckle:, when they don't quite have the right to do that. Nickelback on the other hand...

Winking get's me out of all sorts of things ;)

I've already said to you it was sarcastic; that is honestly how I intended that comment. I don't get precious over any music or art. Everything has a before. Rage's snakecharmer came before Hyper music and John Cale's arrangement of Hallelujah came before Rufuseses. I'll be gone. :(

Archived