How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Gosh. :LOL:

To be honest, I am looking forward to Muse playing 'Survival' live during the Olympics closing ceremony. I think they'd plan something big, possibly in epic proportions.

"I'm working with the Staging Crew for when they first play this live at the Olympics. State of the Art show, which Matt and the lads have been involved with. The last third (around the four minute mark) of the song is something special, the way the entire stadium turns into something out of a sci fi movie. Obviously not allowed to give many details, but it's completely epic. Something like 300 performers involved. Amazing CGI. Set the whole stadium on fire, literally." Tim733733

From Youtube

Sorry to sound hyperbole-y here.

I thought the song was ok-ish. Certainly not their best, the lyrics are very uncomfortable, and that they were trying to do a bit too much with it.

Then I saw the full video that the BBC are using with the song (see previous page for the vid).

Oh. Em. Gee.

If there was one perfectly set-up song to accompany this video, it would be this one. It fits wonderfully, really brings out the feeling and message that is portrayed, and was somewhat inspiring: it even made me perform a 8km jog from work to home this evening. Absolutely fantastic.

Edit: Even the lyrics don't seem bad AT ALL when watching the video. Quite suitable.

Isn't this the screens on Comedy Central?

Either way... :LOL::facepalm:

It's definitely on Comedy Central! :LOL:

I watched it for most of the weekend. It appears for literally like a quarter of a second during the adverts so the only way to read it would be to pause. ;)

You know what, I actually really bloody love this song.

Sure the lyrics are lame as, and the ending is rather obnoxious, lol. :p

But that just isn't even to make it a bad song, there's far too much win in the rest of it, I love the bouncy piano, the chord transitions in the verses, the riff is just immense, and the guitar wankery is brilliant, so is Matt's falsetto. Love it! :D

Has the actual meaning of the song been discussed? It quite clearly goes well with the whole theme of The 2nd Law - very similar to Unsustainable. It's a tragic song about the human race (ha ha, race) and how survival also means staying above the nature and literally defeating other races for us.

I feel like the Olympic committee didn't think this thing through. Sure it sounds like Olympics, but it's in a funny way also a part of the message. While the song should wake people to think of what the hell humans (as a species), our leaders and whole nations are doing, people actually think that it's about sports. I see this as a part of the tragic meaning behind the song. I hope Matt intended it like this.

Well it was said by Matt, wasn't it? I just automatically assume that anything that comes from his mouth is complete nonsense. :LOL:

:LOL: I think there are at least some things he says that aren't nuggets of nonsense

Isn't this the screens on Comedy Central?

Either way... :LOL::facepalm:

I think someone at Watch TV doesn't really like the song that much. This apparently was shown during an advert today...

AwudjUwCEAANOSP.jpg

:eek:

Oh and it's entered the charts at No. 25.

:LOL: the bit about danny boyle and the farm (and :LOL: at the whole thing really)

Anything new in here during the past 24 hours or just the usual trollin'? :p

Just a rumor started by the one who guessed many things right, seems like in august the band will release an EP containing Madness, Prelude+Survival and full Supremacy.

Oh and apparently the album tracklist leaked: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/529560_464051926957671_2083409213_n.jpg in the zoomed version you can read the first five: Madness > Panic Station > Prelude > Survival > Follow Me

Just a rumor started by the one who guessed many things right, seems like in august the band will release an EP containing Madness, Prelude+Survival and full Supremacy.

Oh and apparently the album tracklist leaked: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/529560_464051926957671_2083409213_n.jpg in the zoomed version you can read the first five: Madness > Panic Station > Prelude > Survival > Follow Me

Thanks for the update :happy:

Looks like they've kept most of the titles from the board in the Twitpic. I wonder if 'Hiding To...' will feature :p. Still a bit sceptical about this EP - the dude needs to give us more info to appear credible. I don't like getting my hopes up, lol.

Thanks for the update :happy:

Looks like they've kept most of the titles from the board in the Twitpic. I wonder if 'Hiding To...' will feature :p. Still a bit sceptical about this EP - the dude needs to give us more info to appear credible. I don't like getting my hopes up, lol.

I tend to believe him because so far he predicted perfectly everything he could predict :chuckle: we'll see

Archived