Gas mask cover is bloody awesome! :D If only Muse would keep it as stark and raw as that. Their cover artwork has always been a bit 'abstract', for lack of a better word, and simple (not in a bad way), but it could stand to be a bit edgier, which is what I like about that mask cover.

Yeh I've always found muses art work very cartoony. But I like that, it's in tune with their more comic and quirky take on music

Also erm... Infinity Land maybe? There's a gasmask on there somewhere?

Haha, that's creepy cos I thought of Puzzle cos it's a naked person with their head in their hands, and you thought of Infinity Land cos of the gas mask, which are both incorporated in the fan art for T2L!

9890.jpg

and 91.jpg

Yeh I've always found muses art work very cartoony. But I like that, it's in tune with their more comic and quirky take on music

I see your point but the OoS is cover 'cartoony', for example, yet I find it to be one of their darkest albums (certainly not comic). I think the cartoon quality is more coincidental considering there's supposed to be a deeper, underlying meaning to covers like Origin and The Resistance.

Hey Beibi, do you do this sort of stuff for a living?

I'm working in an advertising agency, but the work I do daily is a lot more boring than this, hehe

Another can of worms, no? ;)

I'm so envious of Beibi's skills, like, how in the world do you mix those images so well? I use GIMP sometimes and I'm the kind who relies a lot on custom brushes and know nothing much about intricate effects and details. Plus I have a library of custom fonts. :LOL: I really like those that you did, my favorite being the one for The Resistance. Though I'm not so keen on the two that you posted a few pages back. It didn't evoke as much feelings as it did seeing the weird distorted tree or something for The Resistance one. I felt there was a much more deeper significance as to the crows, the ground and stuff like that.

In fact, I'd swap The Resistance one for The 2nd Law, while the one with the gas mask with The Resistance. I think they fit better that way. :happy: Good job anyways, still jealous!

Olly's artwork where there's those cubes flying down was really well done as well, I wish it could be used for some Muse single. :)

I'm using Photoshop, and apart from the obvious photo-montage all I do is colour adjustments :)

I guess the TR cover is more shocking because of all the work was made on it, but I don't think the ones for The 2nd Law are less interesting, they have a lot of meaning, but considering some comments I'm not sure if I captured it too well?. The gas mask is the more obvious one, it represents how the society is feeling right now: vulnerable, trapped, naked, asphyxiated... And in the second one, she is like a Venus, as if she were born from oil, representing how much dependency we have of it... not sure if I'm making any sense :LOL:

Again, thanks for the comments :)

I guess the TR cover is more shocking because of all the work was made on it, but I don't think the ones for The 2nd Law are less interesting, they have a lot of meaning, but considering some comments I'm not sure if I capture it too well?. The gas mask is the more obvious one, it represents how the society is feeling right now: vulnerable, trapped, naked, asphyxiated... And in the second one, she is like a Venus, as if she were born from oil, representing how much dependency we have of it... not sure if I'm making any sense :LOL:

No, don't worry, I understand what you're trying to say and it does fit into the picture. I like how you're clear of what you actually want to convey (maybe because you work in ad agency :LOL:) through the images that you made. Anyways, shall respect your intended meaning. ;)

Reminds me alot of the cover of one of Biffy Clyro's albums, has that kind of feel to it.

Do you mean Puzzle? Yeah, reminiscent of it. It also reminds me of a Placebo cover.

Definitely my favourites so far. First one reminds me of Infinity Land

:supersad:

Because he said Infinity Land first and no one said anything. :( Tragic.

That's okay, Dom. When I read your comment, in my head I agreed with you. :yesey:

ah, I see! Well, that's what I thought when I read his comment :yesey: Stupid posers don't know nuthin about early Bif! :mad:

Archived