My attempt. Two versions of the same idea. The pictures used under the spoiler :)

div><div class="ipsSpoiler_contents"><p><a href=http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg542/scaled.php?server=542&filename=lifeinwartimeh1bymjranu.jpg&res=landing' alt='scaled.php?server=542&filename=lifeinwartimeh1bymjranu.jpg&res=landing'> scaled.php?server=72&filename=42739805.jpg&res=landing

div><div class="ipsSpoiler_contents"><p><a href=http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/410/nightsong2bymjranumstoc.jpg' alt='nightsong2bymjranumstoc.jpg'> scaled.php?server=72&filename=42739805.jpg&res=landing flood73099.jpg

Definitely my favourites so far. First one reminds me of Infinity Land

Everyone likes this one and so do I (of course), but are you people so sure about the font (color)?

Well, it had to go with the picture. Not exactly sure black text would look so good, and anything else (orange, red, etc.) just doesn't look right. Blues and whites were really the only options to go with if they wanted that picture to look good.

Don't worry I'm sure he'd be a dick even if he used his real name.

:LOL:

Now now, there's a difference between cursing and namecalling. We welcome generic gratuitous profanity. :p

Generic profanity? Is that saying I can't get creative with my profane endeavors? :(

But yeah, the past couple of pages of this thread have been ridiculous, Will's a sweetheart.

And, by the way, holy crap at all of your guys' talent.

My attempt. Two versions of the same idea. The pictures used under the spoiler :)

scaled.php?server=155&filename=t2lcd.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=542&filename=lifeinwartimeh1bymjranu.jpg&res=landing scaled.php?server=72&filename=42739805.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=535&filename=t2lcd2.jpg&res=landing

nightsong2bymjranumstoc.jpg scaled.php?server=72&filename=42739805.jpg&res=landing flood73099.jpg

:yesey: I'd actually like Muse to do something a little edgy like that. I dunno, BH&R onwards always seemed kinda childish to me.

I whole heartedly disagree...Muse aren't emo

Pretty much

This is the best in my opinion, Olly's work is really good too...other than those two I haven't seen anything that really stands out.

Uh, because it looks like something you'd see on an emo bands album cover...or hanging in an emotionally disturbed persons house.

That's a piss poor excuse for lack of talent

In my opinion it's weird for the sake of being weird, not for the sake of art.

And why would that be? You're probably sixteen (if that) and express yourself like a hipster because expanding your vocabulary while you wait to fully mature just seems too excruciating.

I haven't been here a week, I switched accounts because I hadn't been on in two months and forgot my account information. I've been here since after the release of BHaR and if I want to express my opinion I'm damn well going to do it. If anyone has a problem with that feel free to ignore my comments.

I was under the impression cursing was against forum rules...obviously I was wrong. Let's just admit that I'm better than all of you and move on.

Sir, would you kindly not come here to be a cunt and mock the hard work others put into their creations? If you feel like insulting everyone and acting like a jerk you can always go to the 30 seconds to Mars forums.

:yesey: I'd actually like Muse to do something a little edgy like that. I dunno, BH&R onwards always seemed kinda childish to me.

Yeah, I don't know if you'd go to the length of saying this, but I actually liked Showbiz's artwork better. BH&R's artwork was good to me, but not anything special like Absolution or OOS's.

That would imply that I have a shitty taste in music and that's clearly not true.

You know, not just as a response to this comment but every snide comment you've made, there's a difference between discussing your opinions and defending them in a productive manner and being flat out rude and dismissive of everything anyone might suggest. Might I say that nobody appreciates an asshat, so everyone would appreciate if you weren't that person because it is nothing but annoying. Thank you.

That would imply that I have a shitty taste in music and that's clearly not true.

Another can of worms, no? ;)

I'm so envious of Beibi's skills, like, how in the world do you mix those images so well? I use GIMP sometimes and I'm the kind who relies a lot on custom brushes and know nothing much about intricate effects and details. Plus I have a library of custom fonts. :LOL: I really like those that you did, my favorite being the one for The Resistance. Though I'm not so keen on the two that you posted a few pages back. It didn't evoke as much feelings as it did seeing the weird distorted tree or something for The Resistance one. I felt there was a much more deeper significance as to the crows, the ground and stuff like that.

In fact, I'd swap The Resistance one for The 2nd Law, while the one with the gas mask with The Resistance. I think they fit better that way. :happy: Good job anyways, still jealous!

Olly's artwork where there's those cubes flying down was really well done as well, I wish it could be used for some Muse single. :)

Gas mask cover is bloody awesome! :D If only Muse would keep it as stark and raw as that. Their cover artwork has always been a bit 'abstract', for lack of a better word, and simple (not in a bad way), but it could stand to be a bit edgier, which is what I like about that mask cover.

Reminds me alot of the cover of one of Biffy Clyro's albums, has that kind of feel to it.

Some exceptionally poor trolling going on in here.

But since when is any trolling done with much diligence at all? Honestly, I can't tell if he's making an effort to troll or if he's just like that.

Oh well. This is a thread of talented people. :happy:

Archived