SS didn't have them at Leeds. This makes me sad.

Either that, or, you know, I am really quite unobservant during live gigs (though the heat coming from them at Leeds was noticeable even from near the secondary barrier during Megalomania)

Yes, they only used them during Megalomania at Leeds.

Which is infact a good point.

Either, they intended to use the flame throwers in SS at Leeds too, but after the damage it caused to the stage, it had to be abandoned.

Or, Muse knew that they were only going to be broadcasting the singles from OOS at Reading, so they changed the flamethrowers to SS instead of Megalomania.

I saw the comment about how if you wanted to see the whole show live you should pay and go see them or whatever. Shaking my head. That's not possible for a lot of people, and I say that as someone who has been lucky enough to see them a fair bit.

Mmm. My mouth literally just fell open at that one. She clearly just doesn't understand anything about gigs or broadcasting. Glad I blocked her.

SS didn't have them at Leeds. This makes me sad.

Either that, or, you know, I am really quite unobservant during live gigs (though the heat coming from them at Leeds was noticeable even from near the secondary barrier during Megalomania)

Maybe they were only used once in Leeds due to the stage-melting issue! :LOL:

I saw the comment about how if you wanted to see the whole show live you should pay and go see them or whatever. Shaking my head. That's not possible for a lot of people, and I say that as someone who has been lucky enough to see them a fair bit.

@WillDunn_ oh funnily enough bands have a multitude of gigs a year.

Right, cause Muse always plays OoS completely on a regular basis :facepalm:

Yes, they only used them during Megalomania at Leeds.

Which is infact a good point.

Either, they intended to use the flame throwers in SS at Leeds too, but after the damage it caused to the stage, it had to be abandoned.

Or, Muse knew that they were only going to be broadcasting the singles from OOS at Reading, so they changed the flamethrowers to SS instead of Megalomania.

They wern't even used for the 2nd chorus of Megalomania in Leeds, and under the stage, from the front, I seen a big black sheet suddenly be removed from the stage and you could see the scaffolding behind the stage. You could tell something was up because of how quickly the stewards acted upon it, I think if they were used again in Leeds, the whole stage would of caught fire.

Considering it was Muse who asked BBC3 not to show it, that just shows the utter stupidity of anyone posting said hate. :erm:

They think that the BBC was just making up excuses for cutting OoS, that they were just trying to deflect the blame to the band...

They wern't even used for the 2nd chorus of Megalomania in Leeds, and under the stage, from the front, I seen a big black sheet suddenly be removed from the stage and you could see the scaffolding behind the stage. You could tell something was up because of how quickly the stewards acted upon it, I think if they were used again in Leeds, the whole stage would of caught fire.

Yes i thought it strange when they only got used in the first chorus, but as i wasen't quite close enough to see what was going on, i just presumed it was meant to be that way.

They think that the BBC was just making up excuses for cutting OoS, that they were just trying to deflect the blame to the band...

Which again shows stupidity. :LOL:

The idea that the BBC would make it up is ridiculous. Especially when it would so easily be disproved by the band. It would just land them in genuine trouble for no reason. They didn't have to say anything, let alone a random lie! It'll be true. Whether the instructions came from Muse or Muse management remains to be seen.

The idea that the BBC would make it up is ridiculous. Especially when it would so easily be disproved by the band. It would just land them in genuine trouble for no reason. They didn't have to say anything, let alone a random lie.

I know what you mean....it's a bit hard to change an angry fangirl's mind, though ;)

The idea that the BBC would make it up is ridiculous. Especially when it would so easily be disproved by the band. It would just land them in genuine trouble for no reason. They didn't have to say anything, let alone a random lie! It'll be true. Whether the instructions came from Muse or Muse management remains to be seen.

This so hard. They wouldn't be able to get away with lying about something like that.

:yesey: right now I'm a little disappointed (okay a LOT disappointed) it didn't get shown, but I'd rather have a DVD than have it broadcasted.

Yeah, you'll still get to see it, and it'll hopefully look and sound better. However, you'll have to pay serious dorrah for it! I think it's a bit mean, considering the people who really wanted to see the show were people who've already forked out loads on the band, but that's bizniz for you. Probably management's idea.

I think Matt said in the interview that the fire department cut the flames after they melted the front of the stage. Most likely they didn't allow the flames to be used anymore during the gig, and for Reading they set it up to avoid that.

Yeah, you'll still get to see it, and it'll hopefully look and sound better. However, you'll have to pay serious dorrah for it! I think it's a bit mean, considering the people who really wanted to see the show were people who've already forked out loads on the band, but that's bizniz for you. Probably management's idea.

yeah I don't really think that the guys are that desperate for cash.

Whelp, this was a slightly underwhelming night. I'm listening to Kid A, something I know won't disappoint me :awesome:

yeah I don't really think that the guys are that desperate for cash.

Whelp, this was a slightly underwhelming night. I'm listening to Kid A, something I know won't disappoint me :awesome:

HUZZAH!

KingofLimbsTourKingofLimbsTourKingofLimbsTourKingofLimbsTour...

Anyway, back on topic...

Archived