I listened to Exogenesis last night for the first time in quite a while. I often forget how much I can enjoy parts of this album. The production is superb and there's some really nice moments in it, but somehow I just never managed to connect with it emotionally.

What's wierd is that I'm sure Muse have to capacity and ability to create an album that we can all see as their best ever, I just don't know if the epicness and nostalgia of their early work will hold us back in appreciating that. I guess we just need to see what happens.

The Resistance was the first Muse album i ever blistened to and bought, and therefore I am emotionally attached to it. I guess its kinda like those people who's first Muse song they fell in love with was Time is Running Out. I have all the Muse albums and TR remains my favourite and probably always will. A flawless, beautiful and epic album, very hard to top. Absolutely no flops on this one.

The Resistance was the first Muse album i ever blistened to and bought, and therefore I am emotionally attached to it. I guess its kinda like those people who's first Muse song they fell in love with was Time is Running Out. I have all the Muse albums and TR remains my favourite and probably always will. A flawless, beautiful and epic album, very hard to top. Absolutely no flops on this one.

Wait, where did you get a version of the album without Guiding Light? Is it some sort of special edition?

Damn, you beat me to it...

But believe it or not, there are a few, misguided people who actually think Guiding Light is good. Let's not spoil it for them.

Everytime when someone talks about how bad Guiding Light is, I have to listen it and think is it really as bad as you say :noey:

When will people stop calling standard drumming "random"?

:LOL: I remember the guy who said that the fill in Assassin was random. I don't understand these people.

That is randomly hitting drums.

The exact same drumbeat as in Guiding Light has been used in several other songs before it, notably Vienna, and some tune by Editors.

Archived