I don't know how this will work out but I just thought since there has been so much negativity lately towards Muse on the forums it seems that it would be a nice idea to have a thread where ONLY positive things could be said. :p You don't have to say you love The Resistance or that it's your favorite album and you don't have to agree with everything said here but let's try to keep the debating in this thread to a minimum. You can say even the littlest things like:

"I like the way how the jet sounds in Collateral Damage flow into Guiding Light"

Edit: I'm just making sure people know that this isn't a place to review both the good and bad aspects of The Resistance but just to give praise and appreciation for it.

I really enjoy The Resistance. I don't honestly think we need a thread to defend it. A lot of people on here are fans of OoS or Absolution, so it's obvious that The Resistance won't be as supported, but I think it's a feel good, diverse album that, to me, is pure quality. I love it. I also love the fact that Muse produced it. I think it reflects their personalities which makes it all the more special.

On second thoughts, maybe it is a good thing to have a purely positive thread to allow people to express their enjoyment without being shot down by others who think they know better.

I really enjoy The Resistance. I don't honestly think we need a thread to defend it. A lot of people on here are fans of OoS or Absolution, so it's obvious that The Resistance won't be as supported, but I think it's a feel good, diverse album that, to me, is pure quality. I love it. I also love the fact that Muse produced it. I think it reflects their personalities which makes it all the more special.

Very well said. I personally think it's Muse's most beautiful album to date. Especially Exogenesis. I could listen to those 3 songs on repeat over and over! :D

oh and btw I love The New York Times quote in your sig!

A potentially brilliant album, only let down for me when Muse attempt to retread their own ground (Resistance, Unnatural Selection) or ground that they neednt touch (Guiding Light). Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, MK Ultra, I Belong to You and Exogenesis are exceptional and, to me, as good as anything they have done.

The good:

Uprising

United States of Eurasia (specially the Arabic parts)

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Exogenesis

The alright:

I Belong To You

Undisclosed Desires (dull live but I don't mind listening to it now and again)

The could do without:

Resistance (love the intro and outro, shame about the rest)

Guiding Light

Uprising, Undisclosed Desires and United States of Eurasia are good songs... Um, yeah.

I don't dislike any of the songs on the album, and Guiding Light gets more hate than it deserves, but it's definitely their weakest album in my opinion. Also, Matt's losing his touch vocally, I think.

It's still a good album. Heck, I like all their songs, give or take one or two.

Uprising, Undisclosed Desires and United States of Eurasia are good songs... Um, yeah.

I don't dislike any of the songs on the album, and Guiding Light gets more hate than it deserves, but it's definitely their weakest album in my opinion. Also, Matt's losing his touch vocally, I think.

Guiding Light deserves all the hate it gets.

I agree. I feel like such an outsider because I like it!!! :) When it's played live we should all wave lighters in unison for the ultimate cheesy response, but then we might set light to the streamers and cause a catastrophe!!! :eek::LOL:

Archived