It's actually a pretty good album - Bar Guiding Light

Highlights are Uprising, USoE, US, MK Ultra, IBTY, and the Symphony.

The other songs (Resistance, UD) Aren't as bad as people say, and get flamed more than they should.

They get flamed for constantly being played live though.

I don't think that many people actually bothers with the album versions.

I love all the use of strings and the orchestra on this album. It makes the album sound so gorgeous and it adds another whole layer that really makes the songs sound great. It makes me really really wish Muse would do a gig with an orchestra playing along!!

This, this, SO MUCH THIS!

drawakangaroo: You're funny. :D

The Resistance is probably my favourite album, even if I think OoS was bette. Why? It's got United States of Eurasia, arguably the best song they have ever done, and I love the concept;

Undisclosed Desires is another favourite...

and of course, Exo-Genesis is just beautiful.

It's also the only album that (as I understand it) has a "theme", making an uprising against a regime of some sort, but it's too late and we've destroyed the planet. Of course, the love songs (Undisclosed, Guiding Light, I Belong To You) doesn't quite fit in in that sense, but whatever.

Resistance (the song) has the coolest part of any Muse song, ever. By that I mean the drums, before and after the chorus. God damn. <3 I don't care that much for the chorus, though.

Also, I like Guiding Light and I'm convinced those who hate it here so much are just trying to be like the people they look up to who also hate it. It's popular to hate. All right. But I'm done with that debate.

I liked it quite a bit. It's better than BH&R IMO.

MK Ultra, Exogenesis Symphony III, and Resistance, are my favorites. While Exogenesis Symphony I, Uprising, US, and USoE are really good. Guiding Light and UD are my guilty pleasures :chuckle:

Exogenesis part II is alright, the vocals on it are better than the lyrics methinks

I like it as much as the other albums. It is different, tho. You can tell it is more mainstream, some really "Hit Quality" songs, but then there is Exogenisis...

What I like about Muse's music through the years is that they have written in the style of many different groups that have come before them, and done it well. To a lot of us, Resistence is heavily influencd by Queen. I like Queen, so it works for me.

Neither song feels like a filler. Pick any one song and you will find plenty of people who claim it's their favorite (although some are more preferred than others, of course). Many people say that UD, GL or IBTY are bad songs, but I've never heard anyone say they are fillers. Can't say the same about exo-politics, the small print, screenager...

Neither song feels like a filler. Pick any one song and you will find plenty of people who claim it's their favorite (although some are more preferred than others, of course). Many people say that UD, GL or IBTY are bad songs, but I've never heard anyone say they are fillers. Can't say the same about exo-politics, the small print, screenager...

:noey:

Other than that, I agree.

OK so you like screenager. I didn't say nobody likes it, I just said I've heard a bunch of people say it feels like a filler (FG and darkshines too, even hyper music sometimes).

Hyper Music is more of filler. So is Feeling Good. Definitely not Screenager though. And I'm not talking about just liking Screenager (though I do), it just doesn't seem filler-ish to me.

Hyper Music is more of filler. So is Feeling Good. Definitely not Screenager though. And I'm not talking about just liking Screenager (though I do), it just doesn't seem filler-ish to me.

Personaly, I think darkshines is the most fillerish (although I like the song, it's just kinda... dunno, simple), but I thought the common opinion was that screenager and FG are just thrown in there to fill up the tracklist and feel out of place. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, my main point was that there are no fillers on TR unlike the other albums. :)

I don't see why people don't like the Resistance. This album is who muse grew to become and if you don't like it you aren't a true muse fan. I like all the songs they've made from Showbiz to Resistance and will support any of the work they will do.

trolololol

Archived