Personally I find that there are a few Muse tracks here and there that I'm not that overwhelmed by but taken in the context of the album they have their place. And yes, my greatest love is Origin of Symmetry. But I do not think any artist wants to spend their life playing the same stuff over and over (except perhaps Status Quo). Resistance has some wonderful music. I would love to hear a whole album along the lines of Exogenesis but other people would feel differently. The thing is, different opinions are just different, not stupid.

I don't think anyone was saying that part of the post was stupid. of course they're going to progress in the kind of music they're making. I don't think anyone wants them to do origin of Symmetry 2 Because that would be unnatural for them.

But saying you have to like every song a band does to call yourself a fan, and claiming to already love songs they haven't even written yet is stupid, frankly.

I'm sorry but how is "if you like some band you just dont like album or two, you love every single thing that they have" not stupid?

Edit; repeating what Sippe just said :LOL:

I absolutely adore several bands but I can't say I like every single song any of them has done. I love the majority of their music but I can still call myself a fan if there's the odd song I don't like :rolleyes:

No, we can't.:( Lyra, we have to delete our accounts on the band forums we're on, burn our record collections and our band shirts, (and chuck out the goth juice). It's over and out.:$

How do people think when they say stuff like "I wouldn't want Muse to stay the same" as a way of defending The Resistance?

It IS possible to make a different AND good album. The Resistance isn't the only way that Muse could ever have done something different. And tbh, BH&R was a lot more original than TR.

I think so, yes, do it now!:(

But there are a few albums that I do consider perfect. But my favourite bands all do have one or 2 (or more) songs that I don't like.:(

There are "perfect" albums but they're rare.

Foo Fighters made Wheels, therefore I must not like any of the songs on the greatest hits album. :(

That's the only song I don't like on that album, too. It's just a poor effort from such a great band.

Guest universalradio

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm glad it's the first thing that caught my eye when I logged on because it's worthy of reply.

Something beautiful to my ears about the Resistance… hmmmm

Each album has Matthew belting out at least one eloquent wail that rouses my flesh and electrifies my bones.

On symmetry, in Plug In Baby (3:02)

On Showbiz in Cave (3:06)

On Absolution, a yelp & howl in Time is Running Out (2:30) & there's fire galore in Apocalypse Now.

From Blackholes, the falsetto vocals in the intro of KoC when sung LIVE… hot!

As powerfully as i feel those, the cry heard here: Resistance/Exogenesis: Symphony, Pt. 1: Overture (2:59) momentarily waxes who and what I am, makes me briefly giddy while sadness, joy, hopelessness, grief, curiosity, & inspiration move through me all at once.

Only once before when listening to ‪DVORAK's Romance in F minor, Op. 11‬ have I felt the like.

A bit more hot air…

I haven't been on this board in a long time, & have read nothing more than the beginning of this thread. The starter's reason for it is no surprise to me. Reading their opening sentence as well having an acute awareness of the pedantic on this forum gives me cause to read nothing more (except perhaps my own threads)until the old boys release something new. Muse is simply growing up… If some don't grow in the same direction… move on instead of being negative… I hope that in a world where most are growing cold that Musers & all men might open wide the eyes of their hearts.

A bit more hot air…

I haven't been on this board in a long time, & have read nothing more than the beginning of this thread. The starter's reason for it is no surprise to me. Reading their opening sentence as well having an acute awareness of the pedantic on this forum gives me cause to read nothing more (except perhaps my own threads)until the old boys release something new. Muse is simply growing up… If some don't grow in the same direction… move on instead of being negative… I hope that in a world where most are growing cold that Musers & all men might open wide the eyes of their hearts.

I don't think it has anything to do with growing up - in my opinion it feels as though muse have gone backwards from BH&R.

Because it's ignorant and is a baseless remark. It's like saying why would anyone care about the melody in Muse songs. How you cannot see it's idiocy is beyond me.

Not really. It's like saying "why would anyone care about the complexity of the melody in Muse songs"

What you just said would have made sense if my statement was "Why would anyone care about the riffs in a Muse song?"

How complex or hard to play something is, is in my opinion completely irrelevant to the quality of a song.

And I'm not actually asking, because I know a lot of people get a boner by solo wankery.

Archived