Right, well listening now all the way through for the first time in ages...to anyone who cares enough

Uprising

Stormer live, love the bass, the way all the layers get introduced, probably one of the best on the album

Resistance

Intro/outro are good, verses are good, not so sure about the rest...

Undisclosed Desires

I actually really like it on record, the choruses sound really fat with that synth added to it, shame it doesn't come across quite like that live

United States of Eurasia

Always loved the little arabic sections, plus the Chopin outro is nice too

Guiding Light

I like the guitar toanz, and to be fair it is a solid sounding track, just it isn't really a good enough track in the first place, but not bad

Unnatural Selection

What's not to love? Sure the riff has similarities to FUCKING NEW BORN, but before it got dropped it was one of/the best live track

MK Ultra

What's not to love? (actually I've never been 100% sure about the second "we're breaking through bit" but who cares). This, US, Uprising and Exo are my highlights of the album

I Belong To You

To be honest I think it should've been a B-side as I think it's a bit weird on the album, specially before Exogenesis, but then it has the badass clarinet solo :cool:

Exogenesis

Very Abso era, love it all (despite some cringeworthy lyrics in the second part). Oh but I love Bellamy's voice in the third part

Pretty much a review there, but I tried just to mention the positive bits

Uprising: it's just so good for the situation in our state (The Republic of Belarus). it was written about the UK. but now it's like the motto of most of belarusian people. may be that's why the haven't rich us this year with a gig^^)))))

What is with people making negative comments? It's kinda of pathetic. You don't like the album. Oh well, go complain in a thread that is about general discussion, not positive comments, or you know, get over it already.

I admit it's not my favourite Muse album, but the Exogenesis Symphony is perfect, really, it's amazing, unbelievable. United States of Eurasia is also excellent, and the complete I Belong to You is lovely :3

I think The Resistance was very criticized because it was very different from what they were doing before, in fact, I hated The Resistance, but that's why I love Muse, if you hear the Showbiz you'll realize it is completely different from the Origin, and the Origin has nothing to do with the Absolution, or the Black Holes.

Muse likes doing different things on their albums, and that's why they never bore their fans.

The cover of The Resistance, is just EPIC.

What is with people making negative comments? It's kinda of pathetic. You don't like the album. Oh well, go complain in a thread that is about general discussion, not positive comments, or you know, get over it already.

Undisclosed Desires sounds great on mute :awesome:

As much as I find it a little cheesy on the album, I will say that USoE is fucking awesome live. When the song kicks into high gear it's just a great moment. Though really, TR as a whole seems to be designed to be played in an arena with everyone singing and shouting along. Gives something like Uprising that extra power.

I really like the album because its completely different from what they did before, had Muse released an album like Abso or O o S then i probs wouldnt like it as much because they have done it b4.

UD is awesome, not so much live but still great.

Unnatural Selection and MK great live and album.

Uprising is great.

Exogenesis is the best ever (lol).

Just highlights however i love them all. Bass Clarinet Solo in IBTY, btw Guiding Light underrated, not amazing however not bad.

BTW worst part of the resistance were the lack of B sides

• 2 weeks later...

:niall:

I'd say in terms of studio versions the best part of the album is Exogenesis and UD, which are great. The backing vocals in the last chorus of UD are beautiful. However, I've got to say that the other songs only really came into their own live, with Uprising, Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra being up there with the best songs on previous albums. USoE is also fun, especially singing along to -SIA -SIA- SIA -SIA.

The Resistance, for me, is Muse's most accessible album. I can listen to any track at any time and feels right.

High points on the album:

-Uprising. Great on the album version, a beast live.

-United States of Eurasia, love the piano work.

-Unnatural Selection, 'nuff said.

-MK Ultra, awesome both on the album and live.

-Exogenesis-Part 1 is incredible live. Part 2 is my favorite of the Exo trio. Part 3 takes too long to build up, great once it gets going.

Archived