It's like asking why anyone would care about how high Matt's voice reached in a song! Why would anyone care about that?

I never claimed it made anything better though. I seem to be one of the few here who doesn't really care if Matt uses lots of falsetto or not...

Also, from a notewatching perspective, I find the falsetto notes pretty much irrelevant anyway.

i think when the Band gets older they cant just play the old shit again and again. The music grows with the band, i dont like ppl whining about The Resistence just because they are wearing nostalgia glasses. I dont say that Resistance is my favourite album, but the album has its own style and i like it. The music is perfect but its just slightly different from the other albums. Exogenesis is top of Matt's geniality. I like every single song from Muse, so if the new album is going to be pop-rock i would like it anyway cause if you like some band you just dont like album or two, you love every single thing that they have. And for that i can say i am fan of MUSE - because wherever they go with their music style it will always be perfect. So people who doesnt like resistance just because it isnt "muse" anymore, should just think about that music cant stay same always and it has to "move" somewhere. I'm really looking forward for the new album. dont hate, enjoy what you have :happy:

i think when the Band gets older they cant just play the old shit again and again. The music grows with the band, i dont like ppl whining about The Resistence just because they are wearing nostalgia glasses. I dont say that Resistance is my favourite album, but the album has its own style and i like it. The music is perfect but its just slightly different from the other albums. Exogenesis is top of Matt's geniality. I like every single song from Muse, so if the new album is going to be pop-rock i would like it anyway cause if you like some band you just dont like album or two, you love every single thing that they have. And for that i can say i am fan of MUSE - because wherever they go with their music style it will always be perfect. So people who doesnt like resistance just because it isnt "muse" anymore, should just think about that music cant stay same always and it has to "move" somewhere. I'm really looking forward for the new album. dont hate, enjoy what you have :happy:

I want to punch you in the face.

I understand your point, but I'm afraid it is wrong. Now, I like The Resistance, and I agree that if Muse didn't change the way they made music then they would get boring very quickly. But..

Before I start about anything else, geniality is not a fancy way of saying genius.

Firstly, a fan does not have to like every single thing an artists does. I'm not to say what a real fan is, but then you say "If you like some band you dont like album or two, you love every single thing they have". You don't have to like every single thing a band does to like the band. I'm not saying you can't. Most of my favourite bands, and most people's favourite bands in general, have one or two songs that are generally considered poor. For me, this would be something like Undisclosed Desires, or Jimmy Kane. This brings me onto my next point.

The point at which you say that no matter what genre they dabble in, they will be "perfect", is another point I would have to disagree with, although this is, admittedly, still your opinion. You could by no means call a song by anyone 'perfect', let alone call some half-arsed genre experiments that don't really deviate a lot from the bands standard stuff good. If you're telling me that there isn't a better 'R'n'B' song than Undisclosed Desires, then you can't have listened to much music. In fact, in terms of doing club style songs, Endlessly is a fucking great tune.

Anyway, I can't be arsed being a dick anymore, so I'll shut up.

You're so wrong that it hurts.

Is a stupid thing to say.

Because?

This post is just one ridiculous statement after another :facepalm:

Okay, let's make a fucking breakdown here!

1. Muse are already pop-rock.

2. Saying that people have to like everything to be fans is ignorant, and also makes you an asshole.

3. Changing does NOT equal progressing. Making different music does NOT equal making good music.

Hmm, I could make so many more points, but my guess is that you won't listen anyway.

This is not a stupid opinion at all. And your English is extremely good, people on this forum are too quick to criticize other people's mistakes, which is very ill-mannered and off-putting. I am sure Muse would agree with you that they want their music to develop.

This is not a stupid opinion at all. And your English is extremely good, people on this forum are too quick to criticize other people's mistakes, which is very ill-mannered and off-putting. I am sure Muse would agree with you that they want their music to develop.

How is it not a stupid opinion to say that you can't be a fan if you don't like everything a band has made and ever will make?

"I will like music I haven't heard, just because it's Muse". If that's not ignorance, then I don't know what is.

I'm sorry but how is "if you like some band you just dont like album or two, you love every single thing that they have" not stupid?

Edit; repeating what Sippe just said :LOL:

I absolutely adore several bands but I can't say I like every single song any of them has done. I love the majority of their music but I can still call myself a fan if there's the odd song I don't like :rolleyes:

I salute you for being friendly. Although I disagree with you, you're clearly a nice person. Although if they're not English, their English was very good, yes.

Every band I know has a song which I don't like. Not saying the song is terrible, it might just not be as good as the rest of the band's output. I still love those bands. Take Monsters In The Parasol by QOTSA, for instance.

The 'old shit' is really good though. I respect your opinion but I wouldn't like Muse to stop playing stuff from Showbiz, OoS and Absolution. They include so many amazing tracks, don't you think?

Personally I find that there are a few Muse tracks here and there that I'm not that overwhelmed by but taken in the context of the album they have their place. And yes, my greatest love is Origin of Symmetry. But I do not think any artist wants to spend their life playing the same stuff over and over (except perhaps Status Quo). Resistance has some wonderful music. I would love to hear a whole album along the lines of Exogenesis but other people would feel differently. The thing is, different opinions are just different, not stupid.

Archived