I don't see why people don't like the Resistance. This album is who muse grew to become and if you don't like it you aren't a true muse fan. I like all the songs they've made from Showbiz to Resistance and will support any of the work they will do.

I should leave the board then seeing as it's not their best album. :facepalm:

I don't see why people don't like the Resistance. This album is who muse grew to become and if you don't like it you aren't a true muse fan. I like all the songs they've made from Showbiz to Resistance and will support any of the work they will do.

This sort of thing doesn't go down too well around here :rolleyes:

And who are you to decide what makes a "true Muse fan"? We all have our preferences and, you may be surprised to learn, they're not all the same.

The most obvious troll ever.

Fuck me, I knew I posted here earlier. Anyways, here goes again:

Personaly, I think darkshines is the most fillerish (although I like the song, it's just kinda... dunno, simple), but I thought the common opinion was that screenager and FG are just thrown in there to fill up the tracklist and feel out of place. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, my main point was that there are no fillers on TR unlike the other albums. :)

I think "filler" seems very subjective, but couldn't Guiding Light be considered a filler song, compared to the "resistance" theme of the album?

What's wrong with you people? :noey:

Seriously though, BH&R has got Invincible and Exo-politics on it, which means it can never rise any higher than third place for me.

Invincible is highly underrated, I think. Yes Exo-Politics is not very good but Map of the Problematique is the best song they've ever written and that plus Hoodoo, Take a Bow, City of Delusion and Knights of Cydonia more than makes up for the album's shortcomings. And I love Starlight

About half the album seemed very commercial sounding and being the sound of their first true independent record was startling.It was easy to listen to. The lyrics weren't obscure or cryptic, but almost blush worthy love songs with an almost indulgent approach. It told me exactly what was happening and gave little room for subtlety or possible insight into myself or alternative interpretations.

I do to recognize that while some parts are almost painful for me to hear, there is a good EP in there.

I seems some works like Exogenesis claimed a huge amount of time and energy and when it came to the other half they countered it quick playful pop songs or slow sappy ballads.

It maybe was my mistake for interpreting these songs as shallow or cheap, but after listening to it again I think maybe I won't let it the bad songs claim victory over the good parts. Hey it is titled The Resistance.

I Belong To You is really unappreciated imho. It's a really fun and quirky song and the french part sounds really pretty even if I can't understand Matt's singing. :LOL:

Don't worry, neither can the French! Poor Matt and his Rs/Ws! :LOL:

I have to say I didn't really like IBTY because it just seemed like they weren't taking it seriously, and Muse, to me, make serious music.

"She attacks me like a Leo, when my heart is split like Rio", "You are my Muse", etc...

I just can't listen to them without cringeing when you compare them to the lyrics from Absolution, Origin, etc. Same as NSC, really, and I didn't liked Undisclosed just for its overall sound, although I don't mind it as much as I did.

Anyway, this is the "say something positive" thread and I'm getting distracted! :LOL:

Don't worry, neither can the French! Poor Matt and his Rs/Ws! :LOL:

I have to say I didn't really like IBTY because it just seemed like they weren't taking it seriously, and Muse, to me, make serious music.

"She attacks me like a Leo, when my heart is split like Rio", "You are my Muse", etc...

I just can't listen to them without cringeing when you compare them to the lyrics from Absolution, Origin, etc. Same as NSC, really, and I didn't liked Undisclosed just for its overall sound, although I don't mind it as much as I did.

Anyway, this is the "say something positive" thread and I'm getting distracted! :LOL:

Yeah, when they drop their band name in a song, you know they're not taking it seriously :LOL:

But that's the fun of it, I think. I'm not usually a "fun song" type of person, but I really like it when I listen to it.

Archived